Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Nope.
    "I try to watch these games with an open mind because it's unfair for the guy to hold these biases since your evaulations will be skewed. "

That's you. You're biased.

- - -

@sacgiants1213, do you think Wentz was blameless on the INT?

Thoughts on the int?
    Probably should have realized that the play was blown up from the start. Wentz didn't make a good decision but a better play by the defense as well.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    "I try to watch these games with an open mind because it's unfair for the guy to hold these biases since your evaulations will be skewed. "

- - -

I think the defense deserves as much credit as he deserves blame. They made a good play to blow it up. He probably shouldn't have thrown it, seemed like he assumed it would work. So yeah, I definitely fault him for that!

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    So much misinformation/missing context in this thread. Why even post here? I post facts, people ignore them and just spout their own agenda.
    Welcome to the board! The board where people argue context but only if it fits your agenda.

- - -

Yes obviously the guy who thinks the guy isnít broken is the bias oneÖ

I think the defense deserves as much credit as he deserves blame. They made a good play to blow it up. He probably shouldn't have thrown it, seemed like he assumed it would work. So yeah, I definitely fault him for that!
    I think he assumes others do their job, leading to assuming it would work.

Heís 3rd on my list of blame on that play, 4th if we include OL/rb for multiple failed run attempts.

Yes obviously the guy who thinks the guy isnít broken is the bias oneÖ
    Who actually think Wentz is broken? Philly Hammer?

Are you new here?

Me because injuries... i just cant ever see him being a reliable starter anymore and a double ankle injury only further adds to it.

2 main points stick out to me:

Offensive line. Yes it's true the personnel last year is largely the same as this year. But so much context is missing. Quenton Nelson broke his foot in training camp. He missed all of camp. Didn't have any reps. Wentz's fault.

Ryan Kelly had an elbow injury that caused him to miss most, if not all, of training camp. Didn't have any reps this preseason. Must be Wentz's fault.

Eric Fisher tore his achilles in January. He obviously didn't get healthy until recently. Must be Wentz's fault that he didn't have some miracle recovery.

Colts brought in Sam Tevi and Julien Davenport to act as stop gaps for the LT position until Fisher came back. Both have sucked their entire careers. Shockingly, Davenport was terrible week 1 at LT and week 2 at RT. Hmm... just for convenience it must be Wentz's fault.

Braden Smith had a foot injury that caused him to miss week 2 and presumably was the reason he was terrible in week 1. Wentz's fault.

It's easy to say that the Colts OL is largely the same, but context matters. A lot.

Colts had 1st and goal at the 1 yard line in Sunday's game. Last year it was almost a given that this OL would get enough push for Taylor to get 1 yard. Let's evaluate how it went in week 2.
    1st and goal - run. No gain.
    2nd and goal - run. No gain.
    3rd and goal - run. No gain.
    4th and goal - playaction that had no chance from the start. Yeah I'm going to blame Wentz for calling 3 straight runs when it was obvious the running game has been a HUGe issue the first 2 weeks. It must be his fault that the OL couldn't get Taylor that 1 yard. I mean no other explanation exists.
    you speak of context but ignore it about the qbs and each guys abilities.... does this not fit into the context of the issues at hand?

rivers- also a statue but qucik release and much quicker through his reads.... do you think this has anything to do with the team playing up on the run because they dont fear wentz in those short yards to go situations because of his inability to make his reads or how slow his release is compared to rivers? does a qb that has a quick release help the oline? of course they do and of course this is ignored.... you cant speak about the stuff above and ignore all the points from last season and not factor in how much easier it was to guard for a qb or respect a qb if you are the defense because the QB has a much quicker release and goes through his reads way faster.

these same issues held back wentz on the eagles and it was always the oline and play calling like it is now
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 09-20-2021 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    This isnít even the play I was talking about but Bosa is manhandling Mailata right here.

https://twitter.com/akashanav/status...397663233?s=21
    If that is considered man handling then Mailata is going to have a REALLY good career.
    Last edited by EAGLES3658; 09-20-2021 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    If that is considered man handling then Mailata is going to have a REALLY good career.
    Iím not saying Mailata isnít good because obviously heís very good. I was just making an observation during the game. BDawk posted some BS tweet from a Philly fan saying he was perfect on Sunday. I posted that clip to show that Mailata was not perfect on Sunday. And yes pushing the LT back into the QBís lap and then snatching the QB from over him (not to mention LT ending up on his knees), Iíd call that manhandling.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    you speak of context but ignore it about the qbs and each guys abilities.... does this not fit into the context of the issues at hand?

rivers- also a statue but qucik release and much quicker through his reads.... do you think this has anything to do with the team playing up on the run because they dont fear wentz in those short yards to go situations because of his inability to make his reads or how slow his release is compared to rivers? does a qb that has a quick release help the oline? of course they do and of course this is ignored.... you cant speak about the stuff above and ignore all the points from last season and not factor in how much easier it was to guard for a qb or respect a qb if you are the defense because the QB has a much quicker release and goes through his reads way faster.

these same issues held back wentz on the eagles and it was always the oline and play calling like it is now
    I believe there's a lot of merit to this point as well. Although I do want to give Wentz more time. If the running game is still bad and the pressure rates are still bad when the OL starts to get healthy and gel, then I'll definitely agree.

I just think it's more personnel at this point than QB because the OL is getting blown up repeatedly at the snap. And I believe this would be the case no matter who is back there.

I believe there's a lot of merit to this point as well. Although I do want to give Wentz more time. If the running game is still bad and the pressure rates are still bad when the OL starts to get healthy and gel, then I'll definitely agree.

I just think it's more personnel at this point than QB because the OL is getting blown up repeatedly at the snap. And I believe this would be the case no matter who is back there.
    honestly i hope you are right. I love to troll bdawk but the colts being very good would be amazing but i just dont see it. All of a sudden I am known as a wentz hater but I dare someone to go back and look at my comments when he was drafted... I said he would be a monster and a steal and way better than goff. I praised him early in his career but watching him over the years its not his arm or even his footwork which could be awful at times that makes me think he isnt ever going to return to his mvp season.... Its his head. He legit cant read defenses and stares down the side of the field he is going to and if they arent open he takes forever and a day to get through the other reads.

If I were his coach i would go back and look at every single play that brees used the last 6 years of his career and blue print the **** out of that... it was nothing special but it had the check downs needed and relied incredibly on legit TE and super quick/talented backs. Wentz needs to do something about how slow his release is and more important how slow his reads are or your oline and run game will never succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    honestly i hope you are right. I love to troll bdawk but the colts being very good would be amazing but i just dont see it. All of a sudden I am known as a wentz hater but I dare someone to go back and look at my comments when he was drafted... I said he would be a monster and a steal and way better than goff. I praised him early in his career but watching him over the years its not his arm or even his footwork which could be awful at times that makes me think he isnt ever going to return to his mvp season.... Its his head. He legit cant read defenses and stares down the side of the field he is going to and if they arent open he takes forever and a day to get through the other reads.

If I were his coach i would go back and look at every single play that brees used the last 6 years of his career and blue print the **** out of that... it was nothing special but it had the check downs needed and relied incredibly on legit TE and super quick/talented backs. Wentz needs to do something about how slow his release is and more important how slow his reads are or your oline and run game will never succeed.
    I stopped reading at ďlove to trollĒ.

Canít dispute.

Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast