Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Hey, I've seen that Goff fumble before this season.
    We all have....blame it on his tiny hands.

Lol Jared Goff.

Man Goff is brutal lol

Wait? So what did Steve Levy want the Lions to do lol? The lions brought the Aaron Rodgers deep throw on themselves for having the gall to call timeouts and still play the game? Seems odd to blame the team for trying to play still (don't hate him taking the deep shot BTW, keep playing until the whistle blows).

Quote Originally Posted by QB Eagles
    No, I'm not trolling. McVay is a good coach but he's not this genius who could make a bum QB perform at an MVP level. Goff absolutely has played behind a bad OL before. Wentz is the one who never had a bad OL because even last year the Eagles OL by performance metrics was just slightly below average.
    Goff's rookie year he had sub-par OL play. Since year 2 he's had nothing but great OL play.

Obviously Goff isn't a total bum. Goff is a lot like Sam Darnold IMO. Both guys can make any pass you could possibly want, but both guys have deficiencies that prevent them from being great. Goff crumbles under legitimate pressure and can be easily fooled pre-snap, Darnold gets ****ing stupid with his decision making at random times. A great example of Darnold is yesterday he threw an absolute ****ing dime to DJ Moore who had almost no separation and had a safety right in front of him. The throw got to DJ and gave him a chance to make a tough contested catch (which he couldn't bring in), but it was such a stupid *** decision and really reminded me of his boneheaded plays in NYJ, but we've got better weapons to mitigate it.

Goff and Darnold are both guys who IMO can look great if the surrounding talent/coaching is right, but they can also look like a dumpster fire if it's not. McVay, the OL, and the weapons absolutely made Goff much better than he is.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Goff's rookie year he had sub-par OL play. Since year 2 he's had nothing but great OL play.

Obviously Goff isn't a total bum. Goff is a lot like Sam Darnold IMO. Both guys can make any pass you could possibly want, but both guys have deficiencies that prevent them from being great. Goff crumbles under legitimate pressure and can be easily fooled pre-snap, Darnold gets ****ing stupid with his decision making at random times. A great example of Darnold is yesterday he threw an absolute ****ing dime to DJ Moore who had almost no separation and had a safety right in front of him. The throw got to DJ and gave him a chance to make a tough contested catch (which he couldn't bring in), but it was such a stupid *** decision and really reminded me of his boneheaded plays in NYJ, but we've got better weapons to mitigate it.

Goff and Darnold are both guys who IMO can look great if the surrounding talent/coaching is right, but they can also look like a dumpster fire if it's not. McVay, the OL, and the weapons absolutely made Goff much better than he is.
    I've started going to the lions subreddit this year, and it's absolutely bonkers there.

before the season started many of them actually believed we upgraded by going to Goff and dumping stafford.

there were also many that actually believed the lions could win 7+ games and actually sneak into the playoffs

the whole time I'm just like....guys, our defense was the 3rd worst EVER last year and isn't really upgraded this year, like the lions are a 3 win team AT MAX

also, a coworker of mine backed out of our $20 bet tonight where I bet that the lions would win less than 5 games
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    McVay, the OL, and the weapons absolutely made Goff much better than he is.
    Surrounding talent and coaching made the QB look a lot better... what a concept. I just noted that the same perception doesn't seem to apply to another QB from the same class who's also on his second team. Then it's the reverse where he supposedly *is* a lot better, but just doesn't get to demonstrate it due to the low quality of surrounding talent and coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Favre thinking, "I do."

Favre thinking, "I do."

it really was perfect for him to throw that with favre watching

Surrounding talent and coaching made the QB look a lot better... what a concept. I just noted that the same perception doesn't seem to apply to another QB from the same class who's also on his second team. Then it's the reverse where he supposedly *is* a lot better, but just doesn't get to demonstrate it due to the low quality of surrounding talent and coaching.
    One qb showed he was better by doing it with less.

You just refuse to believe it happened (2019) because 2020 was a dumpster fire top to bottom.

If you think Goff is better or even the same guy as the other then well, cool.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Hurts actually threw a ball to Goedert week 1 for a tuddy that seemed impossible to complete and not be picked.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    One qb showed he was better by doing it with less.

You just refuse to believe it happened (2019) because 2020 was a dumpster fire top to bottom.

If you think Goff is better or even the same guy as the other then well, cool.
    What happened? Coming on top in a trash division? Goff didn't have that luxury. Again, I don't think he's a great or even a good QB, I'm just noting the double standard.

When it comes to McVay's coaching genius, apparently everyone has collectively forgotten how badly he got exposed in the Super Bowl and he's never been close to getting back there.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 09-21-2021 at 06:39 AM.

What happened? Coming on top in a trash division? Goff didn't have that luxury. Again, I don't think he's a great or even a good QB, I'm just noting the double standard.
    No double standard at all. You’re trying to compare an apple to a bowling ball.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    No double standard at all. You’re trying to compare an apple to a bowling ball.
    Thanks for making my point. Why exactly is one an apple and the other a bowling ball?
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 09-21-2021 at 06:54 AM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast