Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    I wouldn't get too down over one really bad loss. We were unlikely a super bowl contending team but we are still likely a playoff contending team. We are still tied for 1st.

From what I have seen Herbert is considerably better than Tua, I see nothing that Tua does that Herbert can't do better, but I doubt Herbert would of had success today with the way our oline was blocking. I now see why the Dolphins were picking up every lineman they could find off the garbage heap. This line looked worst today than it did anytime last season.

As far as trading picks for Watson. We used 3 picks in 1 draft for Tua, Jackson, and Noah. If thats how our 1st round picks turn out we might as well use 5 to get Watson.

I still hope Tua doesn't miss much time. We scored zero points after he left so its not like we are better without him and we need him to play to better evaluate him going forward. I am not optimistic he will play next week but if we can get him back the week after that would be great.

Herbert vs Tua isnít even close. Herbert is already a star in the league. The Chargers Oline was just as bad last year and he still broke records. He has the physical tools to overcome those issues.

Iím trying really hard not to be too down on it, but the same issues that Iíve had with Flo from day 1are still here. Itís why itís been so frustrating to me that Iíve seen so much ďin Flo we trustĒ from this fanbase.

Outside of the secondary, what position or group on this team is above average in the NFL?

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Herbert vs Tua isnít even close. Herbert is already a star in the league. The Chargers Oline was just as bad last year and he still broke records. He has the physical tools to overcome those issues.

Iím trying really hard not to be too down on it, but the same issues that Iíve had with Flo from day 1are still here. Itís why itís been so frustrating to me that Iíve seen so much ďin Flo we trustĒ from this fanbase.

Outside of the secondary, what position or group on this team is above average in the NFL?
    I think a lot of it is we have been bad for so long with several bad coaches, and then Flores comes in and turns the dolphins from the worst team in the league into a 10 win team. If I remember right Dave Wandstendt did something similar and his teams couldn't score either but they won a ton of close games. Seems to be a similar situation. If Flores can't continue to have success he will be gone in a couple of years, but I think he has earned the right to coach this year.
    Last edited by Plague; 09-20-2021 at 12:08 AM.

Obviously theyíre not firing him unless itís abysmal this year. If weíre in a similar Texans situation where it just falls apart and we donít even have our top pick, I could see Ross pulling the plug. I mean Flo needs more criticism for the constant turning of his offensive staff and failure to produce a competent offense. Tua has had one game where they scored over 30 points. Even Zac Taylor has produced more offense than what weíve put together.

Looking at some clips get posted today, and I legit want both OTs benched. Jesse Davis has had two straight weeks of just poor play, and Jackson was a turnstile again. Give Little and Eich some play.

It shouldnít be this hard to find quality Olineman. Now that Tua is banged up, itís just pure incompetence to not put in some calls to vets. God this entire offseason needs to be spent on the Oline. I donít want to see another CB or DT signed while we ignore these issues.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 09-20-2021 at 08:35 AM.

Flo comes from the NE coaching system. NE has really always been a defense first team, but having a QB like Brady for 20 years, it gave them a leg up on everyone because they could literally just pick BPA every single draft and still be SB contenders. A lot of those NE teams that won SBs had really good defenses. Having Brady was the exception. It was a perfect storm of greatness for them for 20 years.

I can't fault Flo for being a defensive minded coach, but I can fault him for not hiring good assistant coaches. We needed an OC that could be creative with Tua's talents. We got two Co-OCs that have (thus far) proven they cannot do the job. We're on our 4th or 5th OL coach that has, once again, proven they can't do it. Right now, DC Josh Boyer, DB coach Gerald Alexander, and probably ST coach Danny Crossman, are the best of the bunch.

Obviously theyíre not firing him unless itís abysmal this year. If weíre in a similar Texans situation where it just falls apart and we donít even have our top pick, I could see Ross pulling the plug. I mean Flo needs more criticism for the constant turning of his offensive staff and failure to produce a competent offense. Tua has had one game where they scored over 30 points. Even Zac Taylor has produced more offense than what weíve put together.

Looking at some clips get posted today, and I legit want both OTs benched. Jesse Davis has had two straight weeks of just poor play, and Jackson was a turnstile again. Give Little and Eich some play.

It shouldnít be this hard to find quality Olineman. Now that Tua is banged up, itís just pure incompetence to not put in some calls to vets. God this entire offseason needs to be spent on the Oline. I donít want to see another CB or DT signed while we ignore these issues.
    As sad as it is, I agree. This past FA period would have been the perfect time to get a good OL player, even just one. Next year, not sure whats going to be available, but probably nothing as good as this past year.

I'm glad most of you are not jumping ship after one bad game. Happens in the NFL all teams are NFL level to a point. Bucs lost by 35 at home last year to the Saints. Some times a team just has your number and Bills 100% has ours and it isn't close.

Just have to hope we make some good adjustments for next week because Raiders also have a good pass rush. The one thing that makes me scratch my head over everything is why we moved Hunt from RT he was playing very well there at the end of the season and has taken a step back moving inside. Gotta be a better alignment of this OL, least better than what we saw Sunday.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    As sad as it is, I agree. This past FA period would have been the perfect time to get a good OL player, even just one. Next year, not sure whats going to be available, but probably nothing as good as this past year.
    Thereís some options but never know who gets resigned and whoís a fit or not. I mean no one expected Orlando Brown to be available for trade.

But this is the issue the team has set themselves up for. No consistent coaching but continued investment in young Olineman. On paper it makes sense, but you canít pair a bunch of first or second year players with each other. Because you run into situations where Jackson and Kindley dont develop, and Hunt struggles early. Iíve been a fan of Jesse Davis but heís clearly a good backup option at best.

Even guys like Flowers and Karras would be good because at least you know what youíre getting and theyíve seen things before. Canít have the entire Oline learning at the same time unless youíre throwing a sack of potatoes like Fitz out there where you donít care about his long term health.

God imagine if Dieter wasnít playing somewhat well. I have no idea if heís making the correct calls, certainly doesnt seem like it, but heís at least performing average levels of center play.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/sta...086829573?s=19

So least we can continue with watching Tua's development at some point this season. Till the OL gets him killed agian lol...

Pelissero

QB Tua Tagovailoa underwent further tests this morning on his bruised ribs and my understanding is those didnít reveal any major issues. X-rays were negative. So itíll be about pain tolerance and functionality moving forward. #Raiders await Sunday in Las Vegas.

Barry is now saying the bruise is on his throwing side, so it makes Tua super iffy this week.

Ngakue and Crosby have been monsters this year. It obviously doesnít get much better the next two weeks, but we might see Tua miss some time because this could be another ugly matchup.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 09-20-2021 at 11:19 AM.

Pelissero

QB Tua Tagovailoa underwent further tests this morning on his bruised ribs and my understanding is those didnít reveal any major issues. X-rays were negative. So itíll be about pain tolerance and functionality moving forward. #Raiders await Sunday in Las Vegas.

Barry is now saying the bruise is on his throwing side, so it makes Tua super iffy this week.

Ngakue and Crosby have been monsters this year. It obviously doesnít get much better the next two weeks, but we might see Tua miss some time because this could be another ugly matchup.
    Nope, sit him. Let Brissett and Sinnett play. I'd sit Tua two straight weeks if needed. I'm not on board with sending him out there at less than 100%, cause then we will have all the talk about 'but what if he was 100% . . . '

LV pass rush is super good right now. Can't have Tua getting creamed again. I've had bruised ribs previously, and that crap ain't no joke. Granted, I played hockey and not football, but it's still a contact sport where you use your hips and torso. Sit the kid, let him hold a clipboard and have him dressed as QB3 next week (if even that).

Flo says Tua is day to day. Said heís still in a good amount of pain and that theyíre still doing tests. Mentions how tough Tua is and that ďif Tua can go, heíll goĒ when asked if Oline play would affect the decision.

Mentions that the execution and communication were major issues yesterday. Things like missing protection calls between C and QB, missing hot reads, shifts. Said they will consider personnel changes both from inside the building and outside (for the love of **** bench Jackson).

When asked about Jackson specifically, he said ď He's gotta play better. I can't put it any more simple. Gotta play better, and he's not alone. And we'll do that. This is a resilient team. We'll make the corrections, turn the page and get back to practice on Wednesday.Ē

Wolfe-
    Will Fuller is back in Dolphins facility today and participating in team functions again after missing end of last week and Sunday's game with personal issue.

I'm told he's in a better mind space now after recharging this weekend. Fuller will make his debut Sunday vs. Raiders.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 09-20-2021 at 02:13 PM.

I'm happy to see Flores come out and flat out say so and so didn't play well, also said they will consider OL changes. Feel like this is the first time it's atleast been talked about with the media.

Flo says Tua is day to day. Said heís still in a good amount of pain and that theyíre still doing tests. Mentions how tough Tua is and that ďif Tua can go, heíll goĒ when asked if Oline play would affect the decision.

Mentions that the execution and communication were major issues yesterday. Things like missing protection calls between C and QB, missing hot reads, shifts. Said they will consider personnel changes both from inside the building and outside (for the love of **** bench Jackson).

When asked about Jackson specifically, he said ď He's gotta play better. I can't put it any more simple. Gotta play better, and he's not alone. And we'll do that. This is a resilient team. We'll make the corrections, turn the page and get back to practice on Wednesday.Ē

Wolfe-
    Will Fuller is back in Dolphins facility today and participating in team functions again after missing end of last week and Sunday's game with personal issue.

I'm told he's in a better mind space now after recharging this weekend. Fuller will make his debut Sunday vs. Raiders
    LFG! So ready for Fuller to play!

Also, let's get Greg Little up in here at LT. Not like he can do much worse. Or RT. or something. about damn time Flo called out all involved with the OL, even coaches.
    Last edited by CeltBruinSoxFan; 09-20-2021 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I'm happy to see Flores come out and flat out say so and so didn't play well, also said they will consider OL changes. Feel like this is the first time it's atleast been talked about with the media.

I mean, I understand sticking with Jackson because heís so young and you clearly thought highly of him. But dude has been flat out terrible. You canít baby him any longer. Literally everyone needs to play better, but Jackson is at full Dallas Thomas levels of bad.

Look no further than the backup LT Greg Little. He was a high pick and they shipped him off after 2 years. Sometimes you just have to pull it back and say ďlook itís not workingĒ. Donít cut the guy, but at least give someone else a shot. Little at least has experience and is still young, or give it to Eichenberg and play the spot that made him a top 50 pick.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast