Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    And I want to say, I still think this team can get to the playoffs. But these issues have been here since day 1.

At some point you have to actually spend money on the Oline. You have to bring in proven coaches. This shouldnít be this hard.

Brian Flores says they are having tests done on Tua Tagovailoaís ribs between today and tomorrow. No clarity on severity/length of absence at this time.

Meanwhile Barry is pointing out that ESPN says itís unlikely that Watson will receive a suspension this year based on the legal situations.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 09-19-2021 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    This morning I woke up thinking about how well we competed against KC, maybe the best team in the NFL last year. Time for our offense to step up against Buffalo. Put them in an 0-2 hole. LET"S GO!
    Oops.

Bamabama's going to blame us for this loss. A team can't win without good fans.

In all seriousness, Austin Jackson looks to me like a guy who is embarrassed at times. Not that he was even close to being alone today. I hope he and the rest of the line can figure it out, and that the coaches can figure out how to stop a single man blitz.

Whoever our GM is at the end of the year needs to spend all of our money on the Oline.

If youíre going to have piss poor coaching, at least pair it with Vets who know how to fix issues.

Rough day all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    X did loose his shoe when Diggs fell down
    Watch again. X took the play off once Diggs fell. When he realized Diggs was getting back up, he lost his shoe scrambling to get back into the play. I love having X on this team and he is awesome, but that play was shameful on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Man this Geiscki guy is pretty good, it sure would be cool if we called some more plays for him on a weekly basis.

Brissett is driving here. He can keep us in games.

Edit: Jesus we got an injury time out and then come out and have to burn one because of miscommunications. This is just getting embarrassing today. How do you hype up this game and then come in this sloppy?
    That timeout mishap looms large to me as well. Terrible coaching today all 'round.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 09-19-2021 at 06:01 PM.

Davis better be on the bench the rest of the year. Eichenberg wasn't better, but even if they play equal, you play Eichenberg. See what you have in Hunt and Eichenberg on that right side. And if we go away from Tua after this year, then the entire left side of the OL has to be re-done.

Holland played another nice game. He just keeps impressing me. Awesome pick. Phillips again a no show. He's got the physical attributes to make it work.

Flo got out coached again by McDermott. Dude has Flo's number. Although Flo can handle Belichek so there's that. I honestly think Flo is a great coach, I'm not worried about him, but he needs to bring in an OC that knows what the hell they're doing.

I don't see Watson coming here this season, but I think it's a done deal come the off season, especially if Miami is the only place he'll play who is willing to pay a high price.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    Bamabama's going to blame us for this loss. A team can't win without good fans.
    I don't know if it's our offensive line it's just that bad or is it their defensive line it's just that good. I'm still a big dolphin fan I still think we can win a lot of games.

The Bills will have a great Dline this year, and overall itís a tough matchup for our Oline. Epenesa wrecked Jackson in college and he did it again today. Then on the flip side, Hughes and Rousseau have so much speed and length that Davis had no shot. Eich at least got his hands on them, but the biggest issue with him coming out was his short arms. Itís why a lot thought he would be a better OG. So when you get a freak like Rousseau with his long arms, it gave Eich issues. Jackson basically said after the game that the TEs and RBs failed a lot, but that goes back to this scheme being terrible where youíre asking a 180pound RB to pass block guys like Milano and Judon.

The frustrating thing for me is that as of right now, nothing has been fixed. Thatís with 3 off seasons to build this team exactly how Flo wanted it to be built. The same issues are there.

Thereís no identity on offense. Flo said after the game that they just didnít execute, but when has this offense executed well under Flo? When you constantly shift OCs and Oline coaches youíre never going to develop players. The passing game is terrible, thereís no run game, and your Oline canít recognize blitzes.

And then on defense, you have no pass rush without a blitz, you canít stop the run consistently, and your defense is weak in the middle of the field, and all of that is almost by design. Outside of Phillips, you have built a front 7 of versatile guys but none of them outside of Raekwon exceed in anything. So you have a bunch of guys that arenít strong enough to stop the run and canít rush the passer. Baker is the only LB you have on the team worth starting, but heís not good in coverage and canít stop the run. Secondary is obviously incredible, but against elite teams thereís only so much you can do.

If youíre trying to be optimistic, this team has historically started slow. Iíve said all offseason that this is a super young team. Some young guys wonít take the jump you want them to, and weíve seen that. Some guys wonít be able to step into starting roles like you want them to, and weíve seen that.

I think thereís obviously room to improve, but man itís hard to have faith when you just see all of these flaws pop up. Like will Tua fix enough of this offense? I loved Tua and have faith that he will be good, but will he be good enough to fix this? Meanwhile I just watched Herbert go for 300 for the 10th time in 17 games which is a record.

At some point, I just want someone who can make this look easy. I hate saying it, but this moment makes me understand why the Dolphins want Watson so bad. He can at least cover for a lot of these issues.

Man I havenít felt this deflated since the Tannehill loss to Cincinnati.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabama View Post
    I don't know if it's our offensive line it's just that bad or is it their defensive line it's just that good. I'm still a big dolphin fan I still think we can win a lot of games.
    Me too Bama. I think everyone here is very disappointed although many saw this as a very tough game for us to win or even come close given recent history. But hopefully they can get their communication and blocking strategies fixed sometime soon. Honestly I think it was both. Our below par oline got exposed by a very good defensive group. The troubling part for me was the inability to stop free blitzers coming so often early on. I really was hoping our coaches would come up with something more quickly.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 09-20-2021 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    If youíre trying to be optimistic, this team has historically started slow. Iíve said all offseason that this is a super young team. Some young guys wonít take the jump you want them to, and weíve seen that. Some guys wonít be able to step into starting roles like you want them to, and weíve seen that.

I think thereís obviously room to improve, but man itís hard to have faith when you just see all of these flaws pop up. Like will Tua fix enough of this offense? I loved Tua and have faith that he will be good, but will he be good enough to fix this? Meanwhile I just watched Herbert go for 300 for the 10th time in 17 games which is a record.

At some point, I just want someone who can make this look easy. I hate saying it, but this moment makes me understand why the Dolphins want Watson so bad. He can at least cover for a lot of these issues.

Man I havenít felt this deflated since the Tannehill loss to Cincinnati.
    I'm not sure Watson can fix this though. He'll make some superhuman plays and have some great games of course, but the hits will pile up. Every QB needs some sort of protection.

I donít necessarily believe it, but itís still incredibly early in the season. The team can get better.

Last week I said a lot of the Oline issues were on miscommunications and thatís exactly what happened this week. There were obviously more just butt whoopings, but Buffalo took advantage of our young Oline learning.

So many things that happened last week flipped this week. Teams are still figuring things out.

HAVE to clean it up immediately. But thereís still plenty of time to turn it around.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 09-19-2021 at 11:10 PM.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast