Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    On the flip side, Raiders are saying Carr is currently questionable with an ankle and Josh Jacobs is ďvery, very questionableĒ.

Yíall ready for the Nathan Peterman vs Jacoby Brissett bowl? (Carr is 100% playing. Dudes tough).

Also according to PFF, the Raiders have the best pass rush grade on defense and we have the worst in the NFL. Although they only have 3 total blitzes, so hopefully itís not as embarrassing as last week.

We also have the least sacks in the NFL (1 through two games, largely because both got whipped off against NE)
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 09-20-2021 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    On the flip side, Raiders are saying Carr is currently questionable with an ankle and Josh Jacobs is ďvery, very questionableĒ.

Yíall ready for the Nathan Peterman vs Jacoby Brissett bowl? (Carr is 100% playing. Dudes tough).

Also according to PFF, the Raiders have the best pass rush grade on defense and we have the worst in the NFL. Although they only have 3 total blitzes, so hopefully itís not as embarrassing as last week.

We also have the least sacks in the NFL (1 through two games, largely because both got whipped off against NE)
    Everyone will blitz us now until we prove we can stop it. Then again, they may not even have to in order to get pressure, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I mean, I understand sticking with Jackson because heís so young and you clearly thought highly of him. But dude has been flat out terrible. You canít baby him any longer. Literally everyone needs to play better, but Jackson is at full Dallas Thomas levels of bad.

Look no further than the backup LT Greg Little. He was a high pick and they shipped him off after 2 years. Sometimes you just have to pull it back and say ďlook itís not workingĒ. Donít cut the guy, but at least give someone else a shot. Little at least has experience and is still young, or give it to Eichenberg and play the spot that made him a top 50 pick.
    The thing I want to point out for people who think Jackson can't get better. Just look at
    Billy Turner. That dude might of been one of the worst OL dudes I have ever seen play. He gave up like 8 sacks in 12 games in his 2nd season. We ended up cutting him and he went to the Broncos and developed into a very solid OL dude. Last year he graded out well for the Packers and only gave up 2 sacks all year. Guys do develop even ones who are horrible to start. Not saying he will but it does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    The thing I want to point out for people who think Jackson can't get better. Just look at
    Billy Turner. That dude might of been one of the worst OL dudes I have ever seen play. He gave up like 8 sacks in 12 games in his 2nd season. We ended up cutting him and he went to the Broncos and developed into a very solid OL dude. Last year he graded out well for the Packers and only gave up 2 sacks all year. Guys do develop even ones who are horrible to start. Not saying he will but it does happen.
    He can definitely get better, but the problem is that heís not getting it done right now. Itís why I liked the Little trade so much. Take him off the field and get his mind right.

Hell, Dieter looks night and day from 2019. Oline takes a long *** time to develop. But itís not helping anyone just having him whiff out there right now.

Nah yeah im not really pointing that at you I agree, just saying he could get better.

Oh yea no worries, nothing personal about that! Just pointing out my side of looking at it.

Fact of the matter is everyoneís just kinda bad now. I donít think we need to go full Gase and cut a bunch of dudes. But we need to get some different looks.

Flo mentioned the calls were getting missed. Dieter has been individually good but him being a first time center might be the biggest issue weíre running into.

If you look at the first snap, they shift a TE to help Davis, and the TE would have been the guy responsible for blocking the rusher. The line needed to shift to help block but no one called it. Either thatís on Tua for missing it, Dieter for missing it, or Jackson for not pointing it.

Itís those simple things you can clean up. But Jackson just losing you canít patch up.

Yeah looking deeper into everything I just think being everyone on the OL being sub par, then the backs not blocking well when needed, having TEs who can't block other than Smythe and as you said having a rookie center to a point just all compounds the issues we saw vs the Bills.

I'm really interested to see what Flores does and how we look for the Raiders. I mean there is only so much you can do with said talent but this will be important to see.

Things are looking bleak but I always believe you have to give it about 5 games and account for adjustments. The Oline is the biggest problem. I think if we can't fix it we need to be a quick hit offense. Lead the league in average time per pass. Use draws, screens, and play actions more. We have to do something to slow down the blitzes because the line can't do it.

I still think the Oline can average out to a middle of the pack Oline. Like Iíve said most of these issues seem fixable. Hunt has been bad these first two games but I think he evens out in time. Jackson is the only guy who just canít physically hold up and Davis just isnít a tackle.

Communication needs to get better and the scheme needs to recognize itís weaknesses and stop asking Gaskin to block. Thatís on the coaching staff. I know this offense wants to be more aggressive but we need more quick hit stuff than the slant to DVP. Run the ball more, call more hot reads to someone other than Waddle, call a screen or two per drive. Those things are what made NE so deadly for years.

Honestly Iíd love to see Eich get RT, move Davis to LG to help Dieter with communication and help whoever is at LT to identify things a bit more.

Unfortunately I donít know if Flo is willing to go that dramatic. Weíll probably see something like Kindley benched and thatís it.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 09-21-2021 at 08:35 AM.

Lol I hit the nail on the head. According to the Herald, the Dolphins are expected to bench LG Solomon Kindley and put Liam Eichenberg in the starting lineup.

Jackson is expected to keep the starting LT spot for now, but he knows he needs to improve. According to sources, he finished with the second lowest grade on the Oline last week.

Apparently they played with the idea of moving Jackson to guard and possibly moving Hunt back to RT(both moves are separate of each other). But the team thinks both have a higher ceiling at their current spots and want to continue to stick with them there.

Theyíve also talked about moving Davis to LG and Eich at RT but it seems that theyíre leaning towards the reverse.

I also missed this (because I checked out at halftime) but Kindley was pulled on Sunday and replaced with Robert Jones.

So at the moment it doesnít seem like sweeping changes, but we could see some rotating throughout the season, which is just great.

The players may suck, but this staff is a joke right now. You spent all camp evaluating these guys, figured this lineup was the best because Eich struggled at LG. Now this is your move?

And suddenly youíre doubting everyone else? Week 3 and you want to think about moving Jackson and Hunt? What are these evaluations?

So basically not 1 o-lineman has earned starting job? They've been give away by default? I still think Hunt shoulda started the season out at RT since he played well there down the stretch last season.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    So basically not 1 o-lineman has earned starting job? They've been give away by default? I still think Hunt shoulda started the season out at RT since he played well there down the stretch last season.
    I wouldnít say no one earned it. Just not great competition. Hunt and Dieter legitimately won their jobs, but itís more they were the best of the bunch. Dieter has looked solid at C and Hunt looked good in camp and preseason, but heís taking some time to get used to the position.

They expected Eich to take RT and run. Thatís where he started camp. Then it came out that he felt more comfortable on the left side. They clearly donít want to give up on Jackson so threw him at LG. He struggled with the switch and was then sent back to RT. They showed that they didnít want Kindley in the lineup all summer. In OTAs it was Davis at LG and Eich at RT and of course Kindley was working 3rd team early in camp. Once they moved Eich back to RT they just threw Kindley in there to plug a hole.

Theyíre just doing such a **** job at this. Oline coach talked about how they wonít just keep Jackson out there to learn, he has to be the best of the starting 5. But moving all these guys around is terrible development for everyone.

Let Eich just play LT. He looked good week 1 and he was great in college. If Jackson is going to struggle anyways thereís no point in hurting Eichs development for Jackson who just isnít there right now.

This team desperately needs a quality vet to come in. Schwartz or Okung should be getting phone calls just to stop the bleeding.

Also HOLY **** who thinks itís a good idea to play Jackson at OG? I couldnít think of a worse idea for Jackson. Just sit him for the year and let him learn. I know no one wants to have two first round picks benched, but sometimes you need to pull the plug.

It's not a terrible idea, some guys end up better inside. Your not dealing with speed guys with bend, it's power guys more often and Jackson from his combine numbers shows he is strong. Not saying it works but maybe it clicks for him. Sitting is fine too but that could also do more harm than good.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast