Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Carr/Gruden finally feel comfortable to take chances and push the ball down field and not worry about the defense. Carr leading the league in Yards... Against two of the more physical teams in the league.

Terrific game this week. Great way to start the season. Casey Hayward is worth every penny. I am very happy with this defense, looking good. Carr is balling out. Raider Nation!

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    Carr/Gruden finally feel comfortable to take chances and push the ball down field and not worry about the defense. Carr leading the league in Yards... Against two of the more physical teams in the league.
    Against the 3rd and 6th ranked passing defenses from last year. They were missing several key starters on defense however. Both teams had their #1 CB out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

2-0 Is a great start, however I have not forgotten how they started 2-0 last season and ended up 8-8. If they beat Miami then LA 4-0 will leave me more optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    2-0 Is a great start, however I have not forgotten how they started 2-0 last season and ended up 8-8. If they beat Miami then LA 4-0 will leave me more optimistic.
    You have to admit that this team on both sides is not the team from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    The guys in the middle of the OL better gird up their loins because the pressure for the next two weeks will come from the A and B gaps.

You have to like that the Raiders are winning despite the injuries to key players. I know some talking heads are making excuses for other teams (and the fans of those teams are pretty much doing the same), but there's no better statement can be made than winning as a team with whomever is healthy enough to play.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    You have to like that the Raiders are winning despite the injuries to key players. I know some talking heads are making excuses for other teams (and the fans of those teams are pretty much doing the same), but there's no better statement can be made than winning as a team with whomever is healthy enough to play.
    Both Ravens and Steelers had multiple key players out. That said you still have to play at a high level to beat well coached teams. Tomlin and Harbaugh are two elite coaches. Raiders are playing with some old school grit.

Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Iím scared to say too much about specific performances at week 2. However, we look like we have all 3 phases working at last. Team game boom 💥

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    As I have said plenty of times before Im not the biggest PFF fan but still great none the less to see Crosby graded so highly
    The main thing is that it matches the eye test ... our front is getting pressure fairly consistently.

Now, hopefully it's real and not just a result of facing flawed or banged up OLs, but in recent years we've made even mediocre OLs look like the Hogs, so I'm cautiously optimistic that we actually have a plausible pass rush now.

We're also not seeing as many completely blown coverages.

Quote Originally Posted by mmbt View Post
    The main thing is that it matches the eye test ... our front is getting pressure fairly consistently.

Now, hopefully it's real and not just a result of facing flawed or banged up OLs, but in recent years we've made even mediocre OLs look like the Hogs, so I'm cautiously optimistic that we actually have a plausible pass rush now.

We're also not seeing as many completely blown coverages.
    I was with you until you said blown coverages. Gotta ask...Damon Arnette, WTF was that. He blew his coverage and still didn't touch his man down after he blew his coverage...
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    I was with you until you said blown coverages. Gotta ask...Damon Arnette, WTF was that. He blew his coverage and still didn't touch his man down after he blew his coverage...
    I said the same thing. He may have thought he had initiated contact, but to me it looked like a split second before the catch. Either way, he needs to tend to business. I'm sure Bradley is letting him hear it.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast