Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Before the kick I didn't feel good about it and after the kick I laughed and said, typical. We might be in for a long one folks!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by herdapop View Post
    Before the kick I didn't feel good about it and after the kick I laughed and said, typical. We might be in for a long one folks!!!!!
    The reality is with 17 games this year we are literally 1 game back in the division but we should be 2-0. Each loss from here on out is going to hurt that much more and we have a rough schedule. However, I do think we beat the Lions and Bears both twice. Anxious to see how the Packers play tonight but overall I have a pretty negative outlook on this season and I it's 98% due to coaching and 2% players/talent.

Week 2: Minnesota Vikings vs Arizona Cardinals 9/19/2021 4:05 pm FOX

I disagree. To me the biggest issue defensively yesterday was that big play which was seemingly on peterson. Other than a couple plays the dline didnít contain Murray I thought we looked solid against a very potent offense.

Offensively we scored 3 points in the second half. Some of it was coaching but it was also pretty clear that Kirk was not playing the same either. To me it actually seemed the script worked early making things easy then we stalled when it was up to players to make some more plays.

Lastly the kicker missed an easy fg. Thatís again on that player to me.

The issues are all around imo. Coaching is certainly part of this but the players and whatís happening on the field are a big part of this. There is a reason this team has looked worse since cousins than we did the few years before (with same coach). We need to completely reset if things donít work out this year imo. Coaching is just one aspect of the problem. Kc has mahommes and even they went to the ground to seemingly keep the clock rolling last night and gain some yards along the way. They fumbled and lost, didnít even make it to kicking a fg. Now consider what happened last week to us too with dalvin fumble (again on player). I tend to like more aggressive too but a lot of teams get conservative late, even ones that have been in last couple sbs with an elite qb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mngopher35; 09-20-2021 at 02:16 PM.

Itís so obvious that Zimmer is the reason for all of this, But yeah the fault goes to Cousins who is playing extremely well. This team doesnít stand a chance until it gets rid of its head coach and front office

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    Itís so obvious that Zimmer is the reason for all of this, But yeah the fault goes to Cousins who is playing extremely well. This team doesnít stand a chance until it gets rid of its head coach and front office

It sucks but it's time for a regime change. This team has explosive players and talents galore. Unfortunately I believe they are being held back by Zimmer's conservative outdated coaching and leadership. This team hasn't shown 1 ounce of aggression or put teams away since he took over. It's consistent play not to lose which leave them playing down to the level of their competition and essentially every game is a coin flip that ends nearly in a miss a kick/make a kick scenario.

We need an aggressive coach that is going to trust the players to get after it when there is a minute on the clock and time outs in their pocket. Or that is going to play for a TD 1st and always, and just drop into a cover 2 prevent when they are up 10 points in the 2nd goddamn quarter. It's okay to step on the opponents neck in the NFL and in most cases required to secure a win.

Ya'll need to calm it. This ship is getting righted. It's taken some fluky plays and bad luck for us to be 0-2. I would call the Cincy game more of a lackluster performance but it took a phantom fumble call to likely lose the game.

AZ game was a fun exciting game and we played well. Defensively we are not clicking right now and I believe because of so many new starters we are just playing confused. Zims defense is a tough one to understand. We'll get better once they start to better understand and trust the scheme. I remember Terrance Newman when he first got here, he said he didn't trust the system at first and that is why he struggled early on. Once he trusted it, he played well. I expect the same here.

SEA is tough but we are playing at home for the first time in over a year. The crowd will be rowdy!!! The SEA defense is not good so we should have no problems scoring but we'll need to get some key stops just like we did with Kyler.

I think it will get better but thatís not saying much either given where we are at/how it happened.

Being frustrated with the coaching/overpaid losing qb/gm is warranted at this point imo though. Itís not just this season itís the totality of whatís happened since Kirk got here (especially compared to before he got here). If it does not turn around to the extent of playoffs, we need to clear house on that trio. No excuses for any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I think it will get better but thatís not saying much either given where we are at/how it happened.

Being frustrated with the coaching/overpaid losing qb/gm is warranted at this point imo though. Itís not just this season itís the totality of whatís happened since Kirk got here (especially compared to before he got here). If it does not turn around to the extent of playoffs, we need to clear house on that trio. No excuses for any of them.

In all seriousness, Kirk is the least to blame here. It starts at top with Zim but damn he has had some terrible luck. I agree that this is likely a make or break season for Zim and I'm ok with that. I like Rick, he's done a nice job and brought stability to the organization. I get it if we moved on but he's a top 10 GM and I don't think it would be the best for the franchise to move on.

I would love to see a stat of the # of times Kirk as led us to only have someone else let us down. Last year it was in particular the defense on several occasions. This year Kirk should be 2-0. Last year we had probably 4-5 games that Kirk played well to only have our defense give up a late score. Kirk has gotten better each year with us and that's all you could ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    In all seriousness, Kirk is the least to blame here. It starts at top with Zim but damn he has had some terrible luck. I agree that this is likely a make or break season for Zim and I'm ok with that. I like Rick, he's done a nice job and brought stability to the organization. I get it if we moved on but he's a top 10 GM and I don't think it would be the best for the franchise to move on.

I would love to see a stat of the # of times Kirk as led us to only have someone else let us down. Last year it was in particular the defense on several occasions. This year Kirk should be 2-0. Last year we had probably 4-5 games that Kirk played well to only have our defense give up a late score. Kirk has gotten better each year with us and that's all you could ask for.
    Maybe but the team was better before Kirk. Since getting him is when it went downhill. I donít think we have the talent to be a super bowl team without an elite qb and despite paying high like that we donít get it. He has so much talent on that offense and they got 3 points in a half against a strong offense. The defense scored more.

Rick is part of the reason we always have a bad oline imo. He also is a reason we overpaid a losing qb. He has always struggled to get key areas right.

Zimmer will be first to go as a scapegoat. If we donít clear house nothing will change next year just because we have a new coach. All the luck you mention about Kirk applies to zimmer since people are putting the blame on him more anyways when that stuff happens and we lose. The rest of our problems which arenít on zimmer are all still here either way. A gm that constantly fails getting key talent in needed areas (including qb imo) is still an issue. A losing qb that brought our winning downhill is another.

Edit:
    Among QBs that have played 100 or more downs since 2018, Cousins is 20th in expected points added per play, a metric that weighs field position, down, distance, and the clock to assess how much a playerís contributions contribute to the offense. (For instance, a 1-yard completion on third-and-1 might produce a higher EPA than a 5-yard completion on third-and-12óa dynamic that raw yardage totals donít capture.)

I saw that in an article earlier and it just gets into the situational stuff more. Yes Cousins has brought us downfield a couple times and the team let him down. In general though he isn't adding tons of value himself and we have an insane amount of weapons for the offense to produce. It's not all on him, he's simply an overpaid average QB that has never really had success in the NFL leading a team (his best year came with Zimmer but Zimmers best stretch came without Cousins).

Last edited by mngopher35; 09-23-2021 at 02:16 PM.

The one thing Kirk can't make up for is a bad oline. Teddy and Case were able to move on their feet. That OL got exposed as to their true identity when Kirk came in and I think that is what the biggest difference is.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    The one thing Kirk can't make up for is a bad oline. Teddy and Case were able to move on their feet. That OL got exposed as to their true identity when Kirk came in and I think that is what the biggest difference is.
    Kirk is insanely good while being blitzed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123