Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    He's gonna go to Clippers in a 3 way deal I bet.

Clips give up Kennard, Bledsoe and Zubac. And get Wall and a legit replacement C from the 3rd team. Maybe Zubac gets flipped to that 3rd team for that cheap young C.

Ballmer can afford it nad Kennard/Bledsoe are locked up for 2 more years minimum. So only adding an extra year of $45 mil (theyll probably buy him out by then).

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post

Clips give up Kennard, Bledsoe and Zubac. And get Wall and a legit replacement C from the 3rd team. Maybe Zubac gets flipped to that 3rd team for that cheap young C.

Ballmer can afford it nad Kennard/Bledsoe are locked up for 2 more years minimum. So only adding an extra year of $45 mil (theyll probably buy him out by then).
    I could see this happening with Ibaka instead of Zubac, but part of me wonders if Wall is even an upgrade over Bledsoe, and if it's also worth giving up one of the better movement shooters in the league in Kennard.

If a trade was going to happen (which I'm super skeptical of), this is the kind of trade that would make sense. From a sheer need and personnel standpoint, the Clippers are one of the only teams that would make any kind of sense. They've got multiple contracts that could add in to add up to Wall's albatross. If they prefer Bledsoe to Morris, they could swap those guys out. If they'd rather have Zubac than Ibaka, they could swap those guys.

The question just becomes how much they actually value Wall and see him as a fit. I do think they've had a need for a true point guard for a while, and adding Bledsoe didn't truly solve that problem. And from an age standpoint, Wall fits in the time frame of George and Kawhi. But, personally, I wouldn't make that deal if I were the Clippers. Despite most of these guys being mediocre, it's better to have 3-4 mediocre, but mostly productive players making $40 million total than one mediocre, productive player making $40 million by himself. And that's before you factor in the injury concerns.

If Ballmer is willing to sign off on it, though, I'd 100% take it for the Rockets. I don't even care if those guys never step on the floor for the Rockets and get bought out or shipped off for scraps.

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    I could see this happening with Ibaka instead of Zubac, but part of me wonders if Wall is even an upgrade over Bledsoe, and if it's also worth giving up one of the better movement shooters in the league in Kennard.
    If Ibaka stays injured I can see it and then Houston buys him out and Ibaka then goes to a contender.

I dont think its worth it but hey, its the Clippers.

Only other thing I can see is Love and Garland for Wall and like a late 1st/rotation guy like House.

For the price of 2 1sts the Thunder will take him off your hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess he could work in the minutes that Doncic is off the floor, but together they would be an awful fit.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I guess he could work in the minutes that Doncic is off the floor, but together they would be an awful fit.
    I would only want the Mavs to acquire Wall if he’s bought out. Very true that he’s not a great fit however the Mavs are not really in a position to be turning down talented players. Sign him to a reasonable 1 year contract (or 2 w/player option) and look to move him at the trade deadline. Showcase him to get his value up and move him for someone that’s a better fit at the deadline. With a much lower salary he’ll be much easier to move.

He’s not going anywhere but if something were to happen, he’ll get traded before getting bought out. No way he’ll pass on that much cash…

Perfect John Wall destinations at this point

1- Philadelphia 76ers especially if you put him in that offense since Ben Simmons is one foot in, one foot out the door already...plus Wall would probably be a better fit next to Embiid than Simmons at this point

2- Los Angeles Clippers...Clippers would be another intriguing landing spot for Wall considering they are in desperate need of a point guard since Rondo is gone and so is Pat Bev and Reggie Jackson is more or less a stop gap. Wall would be a perfect fit next to Paul George and Kawhi.

3- New Orleans Pelicans especially since they lost Lonzo and Wall would be a significant upgrade especially pairing him up with Zion and Ingram

4- Dallas Mavericks especially if you put him with Luka and Porzingis

5- OKC Thunder would also be another landing spot probably the only one that makes sense at this point...pair Wall up with Shai Gilgeous Alexander

ihave hated john wall forever. I hate his game and how much he is owed but even i would wantthe sixers to grab him if he ever gets bought out which will never happen. Nobody is just eating that contract

quite a few doubts about this deal. #1 the Clippers really value shooting which Wall gives you none of. #2 this adds a huge cap hit next year which I would assume they want nothing to do with. #3 that seems like your trading two likely important pieces for wall and while Bledsoe is worse then wall by like how much really? #4 this is adding some series cap this year as well and they likely did the bledsoe trade so they could save some cap. Evan for Balmer.

like this seemed reasonable at first, but the longer I thought about it the worse it got. now if Wall were to say somehow guarantee he didn't pick up his option next year then sure I could see it, but I doubt the Clippers would add that much salary

Simmons for Wall ?

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    ihave hated john wall forever. I hate his game and how much he is owed but even i would wantthe sixers to grab him if he ever gets bought out which will never happen. Nobody is just eating that contract
    Yeah, but my whole thing is that if the Rockets wait for a trade that actually works for them, they're going to end up eating the contract anyway, but nobody is going to trade for two years and $92 million of John Wall without getting something in return. If they can agree to a deal where Wall sacrifices a few million on each year, a buyout works for both sides. Wall just needs to figure out what's more important to him: getting to play basketball this season or getting every penny out of this current contract.
    Last edited by mightybosstone; 09-16-2021 at 10:24 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast