Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Or another intriguing landing spot for Wall would actually be the New Orleans Pelicans
    From a personnel standpoint, yes. But it would have to be a buyout or involve a third team. The Pelicans don't have enough guys with large salaries who are tradeable. New Orleans isn't trading Ingram for Wall.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    From a personnel standpoint, yes. But it would have to be a buyout or involve a third team. The Pelicans don't have enough guys with large salaries who are tradeable. New Orleans isn't trading Ingram for Wall.
    Of course they aren't but I'm saying as far as landing spots go, New Orleans would probably be the best fit especially if you put him with Ingram and Zion

Of course they aren't but I'm saying as far as landing spots go, New Orleans would probably be the best fit especially if you put him with Ingram and Zion
    In the mindset of them needing more playmakers, sure. But Wall's lack of shooting would really hurt on New Orleans, who were dead last in 3-pointers made last season. It's probably a moot point, though, because I don't see any way a trade to New Orleans happens, at least not before December when some of their new signings would be available for trade. And if Wall gets bought out, my guess is he'd want to go to a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    In the mindset of them needing more playmakers, sure. But Wall's lack of shooting would really hurt on New Orleans, who were dead last in 3-pointers made last season. It's probably a moot point, though, because I don't see any way a trade to New Orleans happens, at least not before December when some of their new signings would be available for trade. And if Wall gets bought out, my guess is he'd want to go to a contender.
    Which means the Clippers are probably the only option for him

Which means the Clippers are probably the only option for him
    There are other teams who could trade for him. OKC, for example, could easily trade for him and absorb some of his contract with their cap space. There's one or two other squads in similar positions, but they're rebuilding teams. And I can't imagine Wall is going to be happy there or that they'd want to take away minutes from young players and give them to Wall. That's why Houston is in the position they're in.

Philly and the Clippers are probably the only two squads where I could see a trade that actually makes sense for all parties involved. But given Wall's contract, I just don't see a trade happening anytime soon, if ever. A buyout feels way more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Truthfully, the Kawhi-less Clippers probably aren't a bad fit. I think they probably need his playmaking without Kawhi moreso than most teams.

So yea, I do kind of agree. On LAC without Kawhi, hes in the discussion as their 2nd best player and their best player in PG isn't super, super ball dominant. So he probably does fit okay there, just don't think there's an obvious trade option. But if he's bought out or something, then ya that's probably a solid spot.
    I think he fits nicely with Kawhi too. Kawhi and George can both shoot pretty well. That's about all you could ask for in a fit next to Wall, who despite his limitations is definitely better than Kawhi at running an offense. Kawhi and George can focus more on wreaking havoc off-ball. And if Wall shows something on defense, that's a pretty good trio of defenders.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456