Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Do you know what "average" means? Actual average size for point guards now in the NBA is 6'2.78". Now if you change that to average height for starting PGs it probably moves up some. This is using the barefoot numbers ... if you use the "in shoes" numbers it goes up an inch or so.
    I would've thought so.

Wall has to at least be average size whether the poster meant height or strength. I was just thrown by the undersized comment.

Just like, what NBA have I been missing with these average 6'5 PGs or something, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Average size for point guards nowadays is 6'2 or 6'3 or even 6'0 or 6'1 especially to be a point guard in the NBA but that being said with Wall another situation you could send him to: Utah Jazz
    maybe the Jazz would sign him if he got bought out, but zero chance they trade for him.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I would've thought so.

Wall has to at least be average size whether the poster meant height or strength. I was just thrown by the undersized comment.

Just like, what NBA have I been missing with these average 6'5 PGs or something, lol.
    Simmons alone brings that average up lol dudes like 6’10 at pg.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Is he even a PG though? Maybe Doc knows the answer.

Is he even a PG though? Maybe Doc knows the answer.

and then theres the guards who are not 6 ft but are listed as such. That also brings the average up.

Like I know for sure FVV aint 6'1 but that's what he is listed at. Freddy is like 5'10 with shoes on lol https://www.nba.com/player/1627832/fred_vanvleet
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 09-18-2021 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    So does Luka who’s 6’8”.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    So does Luka who’s 6’8”.
    Lonzo Ball 6'6"
    LaMelo Ball 6'6"
    James Harden (I count him as a PG) 6'5"

They kinda skew that up a bit more as well.

Shams: Rockets, John Wall working together to get him out of Houston

If we eliminated all the tall guys the average height would be shorter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 09-18-2021 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If eliminated all the tall guys average height would be shorter

And life span would be longer.

I would've thought so.

My point on undersized is that he isn't switchable. He's a pg defender really only. And that makes him undersized. And the point is really the agimg curve is almost always harder on short and tall players. The guys who age semi gracefully are usually wings or "mid" sized types because of their versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    My point on undersized is that he isn't switchable. He's a pg defender really only. And that makes him undersized. And the point is really the agimg curve is almost always harder on short and tall players. The guys who age semi gracefully are usually wings or "mid" sized types because of their versatility.
    Understood now. I kinda disagree though. Wall has enough strength and length to make up along with defensive instincts that I don't see it as a problem defending 2s in switches, just not full time.

What is going to be a problem though is his knees might give out soon making his lateral quickness non existent. And then you're right. He doesn't have the size to defend 2 full time.

some quick math puts the average starter height at PG at 6-3. which makes wall average since he is 6-3. should be noted that I find some of the heights listed dubious at best. like Conley is listed at 6-1 when his combine height had him at 6 foot without shoes. I would also change the listing for some players as I personally think that defense should define the position not the offense. like when you play the suns who covers CP3 the most.

this was all from ESPN.

Understood now. I kinda disagree though. Wall has enough strength and length to make up along with defensive instincts that I don't see it as a problem defending 2s in switches, just not full time.

What is going to be a problem though is his knees might give out soon making his lateral quickness non existent. And then you're right. He doesn't have the size to defend 2 full time.
    But Wall has such a high baseline athleticism, that even a reduced version is still a good athlete.
    If bought out, could see him being a good addition for the Clippers. He could also fill in for Murray in Denver. Either would be a great opportunity to rebuild his value.

So what happens if Wall wants to play and we want to sit him? Does the league get involved and make us play him?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast