Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Yeah, but my whole thing is that if the Rockets wait for a trade that actually works for them, they're going to end up eating the contract anyway, but nobody is going to trade for two years and $92 million of John Wall without getting something in return. If they can agree to a deal where Wall sacrifices a few million on each year, a buyout works for both sides. Wall just needs to figure out What's more important to him: getting to play basketball this season or getting every penny he's out of this current contract.
    considering how much time he has already lost to injury Im sure he wants to play. But he has to know that he will never make that money back either. So if he really wants to play its going to cost him alot of money. I just think he would have to be out of his mind to surrender guaranteed money. Crazier things have happened though, so you never know.

Maybe we ride it out with him this year, and revisit a buy out agreement on the last year of his contract next season.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    considering how much time he has already lost to injury Im sure he wants to play. But he has to know that he will never make that money back either. So if he really wants to play its going to cost him alot of money. I just think he would have to be out of his mind to surrender guaranteed money. Crazier things have happened though, so you never know.

Maybe we ride it out with him this year, and revisit a buy out agreement on the last year of his contract next season.
    Totally agree. Only problem is next year he’s due 47.5 (is it?). That’s a lot and like you said, he won’t ever see that money again…

Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    Totally agree. Only problem is next year he’s due 47.5 (is it?). That’s a lot and like you said, he won’t ever see that money again…
    Depends how much he values his freedom. And how much does he want to win.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Depends how much he values his freedom. And how much does he want to win.
    Yea because if he accepts a buyout and is willing to sign a team friendly deal (1+1) he could pretty much sign anywhere he wants. He’ll never make the money back but he’ll get to play in a place he likes and still earn a pretty decent size contract (if he stays healthy).

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    quite a few doubts about this deal. #1 the Clippers really value shooting which Wall gives you none of. #2 this adds a huge cap hit next year which I would assume they want nothing to do with. #3 that seems like your trading two likely important pieces for wall and while Bledsoe is worse then wall by like how much really? #4 this is adding some series cap this year as well and they likely did the bledsoe trade so they could save some cap. Evan for Balmer.

like this seemed reasonable at first, but the longer I thought about it the worse it got. now if Wall were to say somehow guarantee he didn't pick up his option next year then sure I could see it, but I doubt the Clippers would add that much salary
    I definitely wpuldnt do it if I was Clippers. But rememebr, its the clippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Lol true

John Wall to the Clippers at this point is probably the best fit or if you send him to a young Cleveland team in exchange for Darius Garland or Collin Sexton or OKC to team him up with SGA then he can resurrect his career in either one of those places

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    John Wall to the Clippers at this point is probably the best fit or if you send him to a young Cleveland team in exchange for Darius Garland or Collin Sexton or OKC to team him up with SGA then he can resurrect his career in either one of those places
    I just dont really see him resurrecting his career at all though. Even before injury, he was never going to age well. He's an undersized guard who is almost entirely reliant on his athelticism. That's a profile that almost always ages poorly. Heck, most undersized guards age poorly the way it is, with a few exceptions like the Chris Paul's of the world, who have always succeeded at least in part due to their savvy and smarts.

Wall was never really a great defender. But he was a great splash play defender and those big plays (blocks and steals) helped make up for his mediocre actual on ball defense. But with injuries and age likely sapping some quickness and explosiveness, he's going to make fewer splash plays and be worse defensively. Same with scoring. He was never efficient, but he was explosive. His 2pt% was always kind of bad, but propped up a bit by his explosiveness. He's never going to get better at finishing at the rim now that he's aged. So unless he develops a Chris Paul-esque mid range game or takes a Rondo/Kidd turn from bad 3pt shooter to a plus 3 pt shooter, he's going to struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I just dont really see him resurrecting his career at all though. Even before injury, he was never going to age well. He's an undersized guard who is almost entirely reliant on his athelticism. That's a profile that almost always ages poorly. Heck, most undersized guards age poorly the way it is, with a few exceptions like the Chris Paul's of the world, who have always succeeded at least in part due to their savvy and smarts.

Wall was never really a great defender. But he was a great splash play defender and those big plays (blocks and steals) helped make up for his mediocre actual on ball defense. But with injuries and age likely sapping some quickness and explosiveness, he's going to make fewer splash plays and be worse defensively. Same with scoring. He was never efficient, but he was explosive. His 2pt% was always kind of bad, but propped up a bit by his explosiveness. He's never going to get better at finishing at the rim now that he's aged. So unless he develops a Chris Paul-esque mid range game or takes a Rondo/Kidd turn from bad 3pt shooter to a plus 3 pt shooter, he's going to struggle.
    Wall is undersized? 6-2 ¾ without shoes, 6-4 with shoes, with a 6-9 wingspan. I think Wall looks pretty strong for a PG also.

What is average sized for a PG then?

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Wall is undersized? 6-2 ¾ without shoes, 6-4 with shoes, with a 6-9 wingspan. I think Wall looks pretty strong for a PG also.

What is average sized for a PG then?
    Average size for point guards nowadays is 6'2 or 6'3 or even 6'0 or 6'1 especially to be a point guard in the NBA but that being said with Wall another situation you could send him to: Utah Jazz

I would be shocked if any team actually trades for Wall’s contract. This will more than likely end in a buyout.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I would be shocked if any team actually trades for Wall’s contract. This will more than likely end in a buyout.
    Wouldn't be surprised if your Mavs end up going after him

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Who said "Clippers gonna clip" first?

Wouldn't be surprised if your Mavs end up going after him
    They won’t trade for him because they’d basically have to gut the team just to match salaries. If he’s bought out they will definitely make a play for Wall though.

Average size for point guards nowadays is 6'2 or 6'3 or even 6'0 or 6'1 especially to be a point guard in the NBA but that being said with Wall another situation you could send him to: Utah Jazz
    Do you know what "average" means? Actual average size for point guards now in the NBA is 6'2.78". Now if you change that to average height for starting PGs it probably moves up some. This is using the barefoot numbers ... if you use the "in shoes" numbers it goes up an inch or so.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast