Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Gotta get Goedert more involve and stretch the field with the receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Division game on the road on MNF and its Dallas home opener. It's not easy. I expect the Cowboys to win honestly.
    Yep this.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    https://twitter.com/PFF_Eagles/statu...058664450?s=20

Jordan mailata had a 91.2 PFF grade this game. Thatís really good against any team but amazing against a great 49ers pass rush
    He did good but I swear I thought I had seen Mailata give up a sack, the TV even replayed it a few times. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    He did good but I swear I thought I had seen Mailata give up a sack, the TV even replayed it a few times. Oh well.
    I don't think it was a sack, but it was him getting pushing into Hurts as he released the ball or something. I remember it too. I think it was a bullrush if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    Itís kinda hard to say that sack was on mailata to be honest. The entire o-line was being pushed in on hurts and if you look close, mailata was actually doing well on bosa but then mailataís feet got tangled up by some of his teammates which made mailata stumble a bit and then hurts took an angle that gave bosa an opening.

Long story short, if the entire oline didnít get pushed back and mailata didnít get his feet tangled with a teammate, I donít think that ends up as a Bosa sack. I think it was actually a good rep by mailata as far as everything he can control goes.

https://youtu.be/6N8AfdEZBQk

Good video to show how mailata did against bosa and the 49ers (spoiler alert, mailata pretty much dominated). He talks about the bosa sack at around 3:55 in the video.

Itís kinda hard to say that sack was on mailata to be honest. The entire o-line was being pushed in on hurts and if you look close, mailata was actually doing well on bosa but then mailataís feet got tangled up by some of his teammates which made mailata stumble a bit and then hurts took an angle that gave bosa an opening.

Long story short, if the entire oline didnít get pushed back and mailata didnít get his feet tangled with a teammate, I donít think that ends up as a Bosa sack. I think it was actually a good rep by mailata as far as everything he can control goes.

https://youtu.be/6N8AfdEZBQk

Good video to show how mailata did against bosa and the 49ers (spoiler alert, mailata pretty much dominated). He talks about the bosa sack at around 3:55 in the video.
    Also in addition to this, PFF did not put that sack on mailata just FYI. They arenít perfect but they do study each player individually so if they felt like he should get that one, they woulda given it to him.

Devonte Smith got his *** handed to him by an old used up washed up Josh Norman how pathetic. LOL!!!!!! They shut his ***** *** down with ease.
    Last edited by Philly Hammer; 09-25-2021 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Hammer View Post
    Devonte Smith got his *** handed to him by an old used up washed up Josh Norman how pathetic. LOL!!!!!! They shut his ***** *** down with ease.
    Casual 3 am thoughts

Week 2 IGT: Eagles vs 49ers

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Hammer View Post
    Not really. Thereís been breakdowns showing how much devonta actually got open. Hurts either didnít see him or couldnít get him the ball for whatever reason (throwing elsewhere, rolling out to the other side etc).

Now Iím not saying it was every play because it wasnít, but devonta played better than what shows up on the stat sheet, thatís all I gotta say.

Not really. Thereís been breakdowns showing how much devonta actually got open. Hurts either didnít see him or couldnít get him the ball for whatever reason (throwing elsewhere, rolling out to the other side etc).

Now Iím not saying it was every play because it wasnít, but devonta played better than what shows up on the stat sheet, thatís all I gotta say.
    It wasn't Smith either, numerous times there were guys open in the middle of the field with no pressure and nothing to them. The film of the first game was actually depressing despite the win. I was excited seeing hurts offseason work but he can be better for sure.

Smith though for sure should've had more yards last game, he was not getting locked down at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

It wasn't Smith either, numerous times there were guys open in the middle of the field with no pressure and nothing to them. The film of the first game was actually depressing despite the win. I was excited seeing hurts offseason work but he can be better for sure.

Smith though for sure should've had more yards last game, he was not getting locked down at all.
    Depressing? Iím pretty sure Adam caplan and his league sources said the tape on the eagles in week 1 was surprisingly good and efficient

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Depressing? Iím pretty sure Adam caplan and his league sources said the tape on the eagles in week 1 was surprisingly good and efficient
    Overall when you win, of course everything looked good and effective.
    But re watch and key in on our receivers, every play aside from maybe 2 or 3 times there was a guy really wide open that we didn't connect with.
    I mentioned in another thread, there were also some funky third down calls in that game and this 2nd game that were frustrating.
    There was a possession where Hurts specifically kept keying in on Smith meanwhile I think it was the tight end we couldve made easy connections with. There also was a drive they just kept targeting Smith even when he was covered good.
    I want them to let Hurts rip it more which will help open up more lanes for Sanders. Unlike years past our receivees are actually creating some sort of separation.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Overall when you win, of course everything looked good and effective.
    But re watch and key in on our receivers, every play aside from maybe 2 or 3 times there was a guy really wide open that we didn't connect with.
    I mentioned in another thread, there were also some funky third down calls in that game and this 2nd game that were frustrating.
    I want them to let Hurts rip it more which will help open up more lanes for Sanders. Unlike years past our receivees are actually creating some sort of separation.
    I think that 49ers game was pretty obviously on Sirianni...He even owned up to it, which I respect. Now he needs to fix it tonight. We shall see.

Also, until Norman left the game last night, he had a couple great plays against Adams...He didn't seem too washed up. Norman plays a more physical brand of defense at the line, which usually causes problems for skinnier receives (like Smith). Maybe Norman just plays guys named Devonta (or Davonte) well (regardless of the spelling)...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345