Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 167
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Earth is my turf
    Posts
    5,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Torres has value because of age and years of control . Yankees could get a decent haul for him from a team that thinks he can be fixed . The Others should be gotten rid of anyway regardless their trade value
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Dj has 3 gold gloves at SECOND BASE . What part of that do you not understand ? Here let me explain it further this season Dj has played 83 games at second , with just 2 errors , he has played 85 games at first and third combined and has 6 errors . That includes one he has made at third today . Why was he there ? To accommodate Torres . Odor has 9 errors At second and third this season , 4 times more than Dj at second . Those two alone when they play out of position have made the defense much worse this year . That in turn is hurting the team. I am simply advocating trading Torres so help the infield defense as a whole . You on the other hand want to do NOTHING about that obvious problem all because you donít think they can get much for Torres . You want to let the problem fester all because you are afraid to make a real change to this team . If you canít see the problem with that thinking then there is just no point in continuing this conversation any further. And right now if I were the GM I would take almost anything that a team offers for Torres since trading Torres helps this team . Remember that 13 game winning streak ? Torres was on the IL for a good part of that streak . Coincidence ? I am not sure
    Jorge Goal Post, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,026
    The fact that you resort to personal insults only proves that I proved a valid point and it ticks you off . So rather than see that point you resort to personal Insults , pathetic.


    The bottom line is that you wouldnít trade Torres because you feel the yanks wonít get much for him and as a result you would do NOTHING that improves the infield defense . I on the other hand would trade Torres because it would help the infield defense simply because dj would be at his natural spot at second where he is a gold glove winner . Hence helping the defense . .
    Last edited by Posada20; 09-19-2021 at 10:06 PM.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Earth is my turf
    Posts
    5,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Torres has value because of age and years of control . Yankees could get a decent haul for him from a team that thinks he can be fixed . The Others should be gotten rid of anyway regardless their trade value
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    The fact that you resort to personal insults only proves that I proved a valid point and it ticks you off . So rather than see that point you resort to personal Insults , pathetic.


    The bottom line is that you wouldnít trade Torres because you feel the yanks wonít get much for him and as a result you would do NOTHING that improves the infield defense . I on the other hand would trade Torres because it would help the infield defense simply because dj would be at his natural spot at second where he is a gold glove winner . Hence helping the defense . .
    Actually no your completely wrong AGAIN. I was bringing humor to the conversation did you not realize it was the Billy Madison speech? I was poking fun at how you say some dumb **** thats all.

    I would trade anyone on the squad not named Cole, Loaisga or Judge. I am also thinking about the business aspect of the league and I would not trade a player that YOU said could get a haul and then not get a haul just because I want to make a trade.

    You never answered the question that I asked about what trade you would make if your were the GM. You can't say any trade because thats not a legit answer. What would you do with Torres? How would you trade him? What would you expect back in return now? If you dont have a legit answer quit wasting our time.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,697

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Earth is my turf
    Posts
    5,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Torres has value because of age and years of control . Yankees could get a decent haul for him from a team that thinks he can be fixed . The Others should be gotten rid of anyway regardless their trade value
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    LOL Thanks for the visual
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    LOL Thanks for the visual
    Truth be told I never saw the movie. I had to google Billy Madison. Decided to post the clip.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Earth is my turf
    Posts
    5,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Torres has value because of age and years of control . Yankees could get a decent haul for him from a team that thinks he can be fixed . The Others should be gotten rid of anyway regardless their trade value
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Truth be told I never saw the movie. I had to google Billy Madison. Decided to post the clip.
    Its one of those dumb movies but it has several quotable lines lol
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    Jorge Goal Post, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.


    Dude! I had a stomach bug yesterday and this made me laugh so hard I almost sharted.

    Equally poignant would have been another Sandler reference, "The price is wrong *****"
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 09-20-2021 at 07:43 AM.



    Ignorance is bliss

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Dj has 3 gold gloves at SECOND BASE . What part of that do you not understand ? Here let me explain it further this season Dj has started 77 games at second , with just 2 errors , he has started 60 games at first and third combined and has 6 errors . That includes one he has made at third today . Why was he there today ? To accommodate Torres . Odor has 9 errors At second and third this season with 5 of them at third , twice as many errors as Dj at second . Those two alone when they play out of position have made the defense much worse this year . That in turn is hurting the team. I am simply advocating trading Torres so help the infield defense as a whole . You on the other hand want to do NOTHING about that obvious problem all because you donít think they can get much for Torres . You want to let the problem fester all because you are afraid to make a real change to this team . If you canít see the problem with that thinking then there is just no point in continuing this conversation any further. And right now if I were the GM I would take almost anything that a team offers for Torres since trading Torres helps this team . Remember that 13 game winning streak ? Torres was on the IL for a good part of that streak . Coincidence ? I am not sure
    Hey, those guys have that many errors.

    I am curious, you poorly play one position, any clue how many errors you have?


    You went from trading Torres for a decent haul
    After being questioned, went to I am not saying it would be a big haul

    We will refer to this as the digging phase, as you have the crane and are quietly attempting to tear the goal post out of the ground

    And then the victim phase. There you go cherry picking my posts and ignoring my entire point


    Your entire point was to trade Torres because he is young.


    So this is the quick map of that exchange that was beautifully and masterly navigated and shredded by Chapin.

    1-Trade Torres for a decent haul
    2-Trade him for something
    3-You would take almost anything that a team offers for Torres
    4-Trading Torres wasn't my point
    And within all of that, the self pitying, lying, hiding that you display on a continual basis
    5- then the finale- You on the other hand want to do NOTHING about that obvious problem all because you donít think they can get much for Torres

    So you accuse Chapin, which is a lie. What isn't a lie is him asking what players you think you could get for Torres or to replace him.
    Which is a fair question. Which is why you didn't answer it. Because you have zero clue
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 09-20-2021 at 07:59 AM.



    Ignorance is bliss

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,099
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    yanks are out. you cannot go 3-3 in the last 6 games vs the mets the orioles and the indians the mets have not won a game since they beat the yanks..

    Have they been eliminated? That would be a no. Until they are, they're still in it. Since you don't know the outcome of any future games, even though you might think you do, we don't know what will happen.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,682
    12 games to go, 1.5 games out but really 2 because it's 2 in the loss column.

    Yankees play the Rangers (54-94), Sox, Jays, Rays

    Red Sox play the Mets (72-77), Yankees, Os (47-102) and Nats (61-88)

    Jays play the Rays, Twins (65-85), Yankees, Os (47-102)

    Optimistically, the Yankees sweep the Rangers and win the next 3 series which would make them 9-3.
    finishing at 92-70

    Sox optimistically split with mets, lose the yankee series and win each of the next two series 6-5
    Finishing, 92-70

    Jays optimistically lose the series to the Rays, Win 3 vs the twins, lose series to yankees, win vs Os 7-6
    Finishing at 91-71

    I think if the Yankees go any worse than 9-3, they are toast.



    Ignorance is bliss

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,099
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    here is the yanks last chance they still have a chance.. toronto plays 3 in tampa i can see tampa winning that series.. so if the yanks sweep texas they will be tied with the bluejays
    But you said they were out. Which is it? Have you been taking lessons from Nicky?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,915
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    But you said they were out. Which is it? Have you been taking lessons from Nicky?
    indeed i did.. but it came to my mind .. the old adage.. one must never assume,because if you assume you...........

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,026
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    indeed i did.. but it came to my mind .. the old adage.. one must never assume,because if you assume you...........
    I for one said last week that they were gonna make the playoffs . And I stand by that .

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,682
    Ahh. Someone is setting up a, "I stood by my words" scenario.

    Too bad that isn't what anyone is talking about regarding that concept



    Ignorance is bliss

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •