Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 167
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Earth is my turf
    Posts
    5,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Torres has value because of age and years of control . Yankees could get a decent haul for him from a team that thinks he can be fixed . The Others should be gotten rid of anyway regardless their trade value
    You think a team is going to send the Yankees a haul for a player that will be a project to fix?
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    You think a team is going to send the Yankees a haul for a player that will be a project to fix?
    He is only 24 . And has been an all star , with 3 more years of team control. . You donít think thatís worth something ? I am not saying it would be a big haul , But it would be enough to warrant trading him so they wouldnít have to keep moving dj to other positions that he is clearly inferior at . I mean after this season how the heck can you still want to play dj at third or first when he has more errors there than at 2b??

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,888
    already looking forward to what the yanks will do off season..

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Earth is my turf
    Posts
    5,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    He is only 24 . And has been an all star , with 3 more years of team control. . You donít think thatís worth something ? I am not saying it would be a big haul , But it would be enough to warrant trading him so they wouldnít have to keep moving dj to other positions that he is clearly inferior at . I mean after this season how the heck can you still want to play dj at third or first when he has more errors there than at 2b??
    Team control is whatever its the production on the field. I'll start with statistical rankings in MLB to paint the picture that he is average to slightly below average in MLB so I don't see a haul coming to the Yankees for a project.

    Overall WAR - 21 at 1.3

    Offensive Rankings

    wOBA - 21st
    wRC+ - 21st
    OBP - 13th
    AVG - 18th
    BABIP - 13th

    I am not sure what is the best advanced statistic to use for defensive metrics one of you guys are going to have to help me out on that one. The one metric I can use is errors and he has 18 which is 19th in MLB.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,899
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    already looking forward to what the yanks will do off season..
    I am not expecting much , regardless of how this season turns out . Cashman will be back , most of the team will be back and any coaches gone will just be replaced by more incompetent yes men . If Boone was smart and had an ounce on integrity he would walk away from this team after this season for his own health

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    Team control is whatever its the production on the field. I'll start with statistical rankings in MLB to paint the picture that he is average to slightly below average in MLB so I don't see a haul coming to the Yankees for a project.

    Overall WAR - 21 at 1.3

    Offensive Rankings

    wOBA - 21st
    wRC+ - 21st
    OBP - 13th
    AVG - 18th
    BABIP - 13th

    I am not sure what is the best advanced statistic to use for defensive metrics one of you guys are going to have to help me out on that one. The one metric I can use is errors and he has 18 which is 19th in MLB.


    Still not worth keeping Torres either . This season has shown that moving dj around the infield is not the way to go . Torres is not much better at second and gio abd dj are not making the infield defense any better when they play out of their natural spots .

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Earth is my turf
    Posts
    5,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Still not worth keeping Torres either . This season has shown that moving dj around the infield is not the way to go . Torres is not much better at second and gio abd dj are not making the infield defense any better when they play out of their natural spots .
    The. Yankees. Will. Not. Get. A. Haul. For. Gleybar. David. Torres. Castro.

    I have to break it down for you like that the facts I posted went over your head.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,888
    here is the yanks last chance they still have a chance.. toronto plays 3 in tampa i can see tampa winning that series.. so if the yanks sweep texas they will be tied with the bluejays

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,899

    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    The. Yankees. Will. Not. Get. A. Haul. For. Gleybar. David. Torres. Castro.

    I have to break it down for you like that the facts I posted went over your head.
    And I have to break it down for you . Moving DJ , And Gio around the Infield is not the way to go because as we have seen this season moving guys out of their natural position makes the defense WORSE not better . So that leaves only one choice , TRADING Torres . Even if you canít get a lot for him . He is NOT worth tearing apart the entire infield for . That is one fact that keeps going over your damned head. Look at Tampa , they traded snell their ace at the time for not a lot in return . It wasnít just because of money , they had a very low payroll . It was because they knew he wasnít a fit for their long term plans and they knew that he wasnít gonna help their either . So they traded him despite not getting a haul for him . That is EXACTLY why the Yankees should trade Torres and even Sanchez , despite not getting much for them because they are hurting this team more by keeping them .
    Last edited by Posada20; 09-19-2021 at 06:30 PM.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Earth is my turf
    Posts
    5,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Torres has value because of age and years of control . Yankees could get a decent haul for him from a team that thinks he can be fixed . The Others should be gotten rid of anyway regardless their trade value
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    And I have to break it down for you . Moving DJ , And Gio around the Infield is not the way to go because as we have seen this season moving guys out of their natural position makes the defense WORSE not better . So that leaves only one choice , TRADING Torres . Even if you canít get a lot for him . He is NOT worth tearing apart the entire infield for . That is one fact that keeps going over your damned head
    I had quote you since you are being your usual self and moving goal posts. You literally wrote what is bolded those are your exact words. So you say he has value because of age and control then you say he can get a decent haul. Then you say that the ONLY choice is to trade him. He is not getting a haul. Especially if you think that this player 1. needs to be traded you will get fleeced and 2. trade this young player at his lowest value.

    Now to your passionate stance of moving players around from their "natural position" I am sure you will keep your stance I don't see you changing just because you like to engage in arguments and then move goal posts. Gio Urshela and DJ LeMahieu have both literally played every single position in the infield. Yes some more than others but its not like you are giving Brett Gardner a 1B mitt.

    You are now the GM of the Yankees and you have the personal mobile number of all 29 other GMs in MLB. Since your words are the ONLY choice is to trade him what are you getting in return. Give us a couple of trade ideas that you would float out there to the other GMs.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

  11. #56
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    I had quote you since you are being your usual self and moving goal posts. You literally wrote what is bolded those are your exact words. So you say he has value because of age and control then you say he can get a decent haul. Then you say that the ONLY choice is to trade him. He is not getting a haul. Especially if you think that this player 1. needs to be traded you will get fleeced and 2. trade this young player at his lowest value.

    Now to your passionate stance of moving players around from their "natural position" I am sure you will keep your stance I don't see you changing just because you like to engage in arguments and then move goal posts. Gio Urshela and DJ LeMahieu have both literally played every single position in the infield. Yes some more than others but its not like you are giving Brett Gardner a 1B mitt.

    You are now the GM of the Yankees and you have the personal mobile number of all 29 other GMs in MLB. Since your words are the ONLY choice is to trade him what are you getting in return. Give us a couple of trade ideas that you would float out there to the other GMs.
    [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    I had quote you since you are being your usual self and moving goal posts. You literally wrote what is bolded those are your exact words. So you say he has value because of age and control then you say he can get a decent haul. Then you say that the ONLY choice is to trade him. He is not getting a haul. Especially if you think that this player 1. needs to be traded you will get fleeced and 2. trade this young player at his lowest value.

    Now to your passionate stance of moving players around from their "natural position" I am sure you will keep your stance I don't see you changing just because you like to engage in arguments and then move goal posts. Gio Urshela and DJ LeMahieu have both literally played every single position in the infield. Yes some more than others but its not like you are giving Brett Gardner a 1B mitt.

    You are now the GM of the Yankees and you have the personal mobile number of all 29 other GMs in MLB. Since your words are the ONLY choice is to trade him what are you getting in return. Give us a couple of trade ideas that you would float out there to the other GMs.
    [emoji3074] [emoji3074][emoji3074][emoji3074][emoji3074]


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    I had quote you since you are being your usual self and moving goal posts. You literally wrote what is bolded those are your exact words. So you say he has value because of age and control then you say he can get a decent haul. Then you say that the ONLY choice is to trade him. He is not getting a haul. Especially if you think that this player 1. needs to be traded you will get fleeced and 2. trade this young player at his lowest value.

    Now to your passionate stance of moving players around from their "natural position" I am sure you will keep your stance I don't see you changing just because you like to engage in arguments and then move goal posts. Gio Urshela and DJ LeMahieu have both literally played every single position in the infield. Yes some more than others but its not like you are giving Brett Gardner a 1B mitt.

    You are now the GM of the Yankees and you have the personal mobile number of all 29 other GMs in MLB. Since your words are the ONLY choice is to trade him what are you getting in return. Give us a couple of trade ideas that you would float out there to the other GMs.
    There you go cherry picking my posts and ignoring my entire point . Gioís and djís natural positions are third and second base . They have been moved all around the infield to accommodate Torres at second and for odor at second and third this season and it has made the defense worse . And that was shown with Dj making more errors from third and first than at second base despite playing more games at second than at the other two positions combined . And then there is gio looking sloppy at ss recently and odor Ďs sub par defense at third base this season . All in the name of having the ď bestĒ bats in the lineup . You have ignored all that because you subscribe to the very flawed thinking that itís better to keep a player or players that are hurting this team more than they are helping because you are afraid of what you would get in return from a trade . The rays werenít scared of trading snell despite not getting a lot in return for him . Itís that thinking that is why the Yankees havenít made the moves needed for this team and why itís mostly the same team from 4 years ago

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Earth is my turf
    Posts
    5,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Torres has value because of age and years of control . Yankees could get a decent haul for him from a team that thinks he can be fixed . The Others should be gotten rid of anyway regardless their trade value
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    There you go cherry picking my posts and ignoring my entire point . Gioís and djís natural positions are third and second base . They have been moved all around the infield to accommodate Torres at second and for odor at second and third this season and it has made the defense worse . And that was shown with Dj making more errors from third and first than at second base despite playing more games at second than at the other two positions combined . And then there is gio looking sloppy at ss recently and odor Ďs sub par defense at third base this season . All in the name of having the ď bestĒ bats in the lineup . You have ignored all that because you subscribe to the very flawed thinking that itís better to keep a player or players that are hurting this team more than they are helping because you are afraid of what you would get in return from a trade . The rays werenít scared of trading snell despite not getting a lot in return for him . Itís that thinking that is why the Yankees havenít made the moves needed for this team and why itís mostly the same team from 4 years ago
    Ok you have several flaws in your argument allow me to highlight.

    Define natural position???

    Gio in his career has......he literally has played every IF position like I mentioned
    408 games at 3B
    29 games at SS
    5 games at 2B
    3 games at 1B
    1 game at LF

    LeMahieu has.....6 GG BTW
    1087 games at 2B
    134 games at 3B
    110 games at 1B
    4 games at SS

    You act as if Boone tells them minutes before the game what position they are playing. I would like to imagine that they are practicing and taking ground balls at each position prior to Boone making the call when he puts out the lineup. He isn't telling Gardy hey you got 1B tonight.

    Why would you not want the best lineup out there? It is a calculated risk to play a player "out of their natural position" if they have trained at a position and have literally played it in a game?

    Back to the question you don't want to answer about Torres.

    You are now the GM of the Yankees and you have the personal mobile number of all 29 other GMs in MLB. Since your words are the ONLY choice is to trade him what are you getting in return. Give us a couple of trade ideas that you would float out there to the other GMs
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    Ok you have several flaws in your argument allow me to highlight.

    Define natural position???

    Gio in his career has......he literally has played every IF position like I mentioned
    408 games at 3B
    29 games at SS
    5 games at 2B
    3 games at 1B
    1 game at LF

    LeMahieu has.....6 GG BTW
    1087 games at 2B
    134 games at 3B
    110 games at 1B
    4 games at SS

    You act as if Boone tells them minutes before the game what position they are playing. I would like to imagine that they are practicing and taking ground balls at each position prior to Boone making the call when he puts out the lineup. He isn't telling Gardy hey you got 1B tonight.

    Why would you not want the best lineup out there? It is a calculated risk to play a player "out of their natural position" if they have trained at a position and have literally played it in a game?

    Back to the question you don't want to answer about Torres.

    You are now the GM of the Yankees and you have the personal mobile number of all 29 other GMs in MLB. Since your words are the ONLY choice is to trade him what are you getting in return. Give us a couple of trade ideas that you would float out there to the other GMs
    Dj has 3 gold gloves at SECOND BASE . What part of that do you not understand ? Here let me explain it further this season Dj has started 77 games at second , with just 2 errors , he has started 60 games at first and third combined and has 6 errors . That includes one he has made at third today . Why was he there today ? To accommodate Torres . Odor has 9 errors At second and third this season with 5 of them at third , twice as many errors as Dj at second . Those two alone when they play out of position have made the defense much worse this year . That in turn is hurting the team. I am simply advocating trading Torres so help the infield defense as a whole . You on the other hand want to do NOTHING about that obvious problem all because you donít think they can get much for Torres . You want to let the problem fester all because you are afraid to make a real change to this team . If you canít see the problem with that thinking then there is just no point in continuing this conversation any further. And right now if I were the GM I would take almost anything that a team offers for Torres since trading Torres helps this team . Remember that 13 game winning streak ? Torres was on the IL for a good part of that streak . Coincidence ? I am not sure
    Last edited by Posada20; 09-19-2021 at 09:59 PM.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •