Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    gardy comes through with the bloop

So who thinks Torres thought there was 2 outs or he just took a chance that it was going to fall 9in?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Green has been overused.
    Chapman used 3 days in a row.

Today is where it catches up.

Monty won’t go 8 so we shall see today…I do t think Monty has ever seen the 7th inning before…..Hopefully offense kicks it into gear so it doesn’t matter.

Monty pitched 7 just once.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    So who thinks Torres thought there was 2 outs or he just took a chance that it was going to fall 9in?
    well the infield was in so how could torres think their was 2 outs? he took a huge chance if that ball was caught and torres double up to end the game the call of yankee fans to bench torres would be very strong..

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Hey genius, how many games out of their last 5 have they scored more than 5 or 6?
    Since you are too lazy to look it up, the answer is 4. The 4 games before last nights, they scored 7,7,6,7.

5 or 6 runs will rarely make a game easy until the 9th inning.

8-10 run lead? Ok. So if you want a blowout, start by being accurate in your assessment of the teams recent performance and be accurate regarding what a blowout actually is.
    the yankees before this year and maybe the strike shortened year were always in the top 3 in runs scored..the lineup is basically the same why have they been so bad offensively compared to many years in a row near the top? a few years ago this yankee team would have bludgeon this bad orioles team,, this is a awful orioles team yanks should score a ton of runs.. these games should not be competitive to the last out it makes no sense why the yanks have lost 7 games to this team who has not beaten any other team this year more than 4 times..

every game is vital the redsox have 6 more games vs this truly historically bad orioles team..

if the yankees falter lose more than 2 games 2 may be to much 1 is more likely in these next 7 games they will be looking on the outside of the playoffs.considering the last 9 games they have to play in boston and toronto before finishing the season vs tampa.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    the yankees before this year and maybe the strike shortened year were always in the top 3 in runs scored..the lineup is basically the same why have they been so bad offensively compared to many years in a row near the top? a few years ago this yankee team would have bludgeon this bad orioles team,, this is a awful orioles team yanks should score a ton of runs.. these games should not be competitive to the last out it makes no sense why the yanks have lost 7 games to this team who has not beaten any other team this year more than 4 times..
    There go those goal posts. They grew legs and ran.

Research. You clamored the Yankees have to start scoring 5-6 runs. You failed to acknowledge in 4 of the last 5 games, they did that. So them doing it, wouldn't be an infrequent event.

Now, if you want to change the argument as you did to the Yankees shouldn't lose to the Os? Ok. I agree.
    But those aver very different goal posts.

Ignorance is bliss

Another new lineup tonight fellas
    1Gardy CF
    2 Stanton LF
    3 Judge DH
    4 Rizzo 1st
    5 Torres 2nd
    6 Gallo RF
    7 Gary C
    8 Wade SS
    9 Gio 3B

I guess DJ gets a day. Stanton in the 2 hole? Rizzo 4? Gio 9? Interesting choices, I wonder if that was Boonehead or Apple Mac upstairs making that call? Imo flip Rizzo and Stanton. Move Gio up. But...what do I know. I'm not a Harvard or Yale statistician, just an average BB fan.

I realize that would stack the two LHers and RHers. I think it might be more important to have the contact bat in the 2 spot and the power bat in the 4.
    Last edited by drt1010; 09-16-2021 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I guess DJ gets a day. Stanton in the 2 hole? Rizzo 4? Gio 9? Interesting choices, I wonder if that was Boonehead or Apple Mac upstairs making that call? Imo flip Rizzo and Stanton. Move Gio up. But...what do I know. I'm not a Harvard or Yale statistician, just an average BB fan.

I realize that would stack the two LHers and RHers. I think it might be more important to have the contact bat in the 2 spot and the power bat in the 4.
    Yeah what do us regular fan know? we were only calling for Torres to go back to 2nd since last yr and were begging to get more balance in the lineup.. were idiots lol

@GarySanchezRBW2
    ·
    23m
    .250/.368/.429, .348 wOBA, 121 wRC+, 1.6 fWAR in 262 PAs.

3.97 fWAR/650

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Yeah what do us regular fan know? we were only calling for Torres to go back to 2nd since last yr and were begging to get more balance in the lineup.. were idiots lol
    No kidding. Something tells me if this wasn't a day off for DJ, Torres would be riding the bench.

It's a bit of a head scratcher as to why he didn't go
    Gardner
    Judge
    Rizzo
    Stanton
    Torres
    Gallo
    Sanchez
    Wade
    Gio

My guess is it will be, "well, we wanted to give ourselves a chance to have a big first inning"

Ignorance is bliss

Is Gallo getting hot? would be a perfect time. We desperately need more guys to get hot offensively than Judge and Stanton. Those 2 have carried this tea offensively most of the summer

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Is Gallo getting hot? would be a perfect time. We desperately need more guys to get hot offensively than Judge and Stanton. Those 2 have carried this tea offensively most of the summer
    Gallo has been much much better as of late.

In the last 7 days

.263/.375/.737

.439 wOBA

183 wRC+

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by OhSoSlick; 09-16-2021 at 06:34 PM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Jonathan Loaisiga is in line to start his throwing program tomorrow, Aaron Boone says.

Boone is still hopeful that Loaisiga will be able to return from the IL before the end of the regular season.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast