Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 136
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,882
    why is this romano on the team now you had to use chapman in a 7-2 game..

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    King has been unreal and just saved the pen.

    No joke, that could be one of the biggest pitching performances of the year.
    If the Yankees can get another few runs and he can finish the game? The entire pen gets a full day
    In realty they really shouldn’t need the pen vs the lowly O’s.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,822
    Hopefully the comeback on Monday triggered an eruption for the Yankees….

    Jays lost and we are now tied again.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,822
    Old position back but same terrible defense. Another error for Gleyber.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,593
    I don't get why they took out king. That seemed silly.
    1-King was fine and looked like he could go another inning.
    2-Why use another arm if your here prepared to use Chappy?

    I guess it served a purpose as we saw that Romano is terrible.
    Will that be enough to convince them to stop being cheap bastards and bring up someone not on the 40 man? Do they have the sack to cut Romano loose for a guy in the farm? Or will he be the next mop up duty guy that is forced on our eyes?

    Now on a positive within that silly decision, Chappy looked good.



    Ignorance is bliss

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,593
    German with a nice outing last night. Sevy is going to throw to live hitters. Loisiga is almost ready to start throwing.

    Sevy and German could be huge additions to the pen. If they can get some Lasagna ready for the playoffs?
    A late inning combo of Chappy, Sevy, Loisiga and Green could be good, especially with guys like German, Leutge, Rodriguez, Peralta, Holmes and Abreu, ready to roll earlier.



    Ignorance is bliss

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,882
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I don't get why they took out king. That seemed silly.
    1-King was fine and looked like he could go another inning.
    2-Why use another arm if your here prepared to use Chappy?

    I guess it served a purpose as we saw that Romano is terrible.
    Will that be enough to convince them to stop being cheap bastards and bring up someone not on the 40 man? Do they have the sack to cut Romano loose for a guy in the farm? Or will he be the next mop up duty guy that is forced on our eyes?

    Now on a positive within that silly decision, Chappy looked good.
    agreed since king pitched 3 innings and would not be available for days another inning would have made no difference boone has done this a few times pitching a garbage reliever hoping to steal a inning and it has backfired on him..

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    King has been unreal and just saved the pen.

    No joke, that could be one of the biggest pitching performances of the year.
    If the Yankees can get another few runs and he can finish the game? The entire pen gets a full day
    remember the other day when you applauded Gil's 6 inning performance and today we get Michael King. Both HUGE! And with Germann throwing last night,Cole last night,Taillon on the mend maybe just maybe these guys that you mentioned resting the bullpen and the other guy's getting healthy?????
    Timing is everything!!!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    German with a nice outing last night. Sevy is going to throw to live hitters. Loisiga is almost ready to start throwing.

    Sevy and German could be huge additions to the pen. If they can get some Lasagna ready for the playoffs?
    A late inning combo of Chappy, Sevy, Loisiga and Green could be good, especially with guys like German, Leutge, Rodriguez, Peralta, Holmes and Abreu, ready to roll earlier.
    Sounds good, but I don't believe that we can have 10 men in the bullpen, so someone might get dropped. i'm assuming Cole, Taillon and Montgomery are the top 3 starters. Where is Gil? Is Kluber in the mix? Schmidt? King? Will the team bite the bullet on Heaney? Interesting decisions to sort out.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,653
    Quote Originally Posted by kinkotheclown View Post
    gallo with a bomb.

    As much as i hate the way he hits. I love his style. Back to the dugout, head down. Back to business.
    The dude plays hard and plays with respect
    tcob!

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,627
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Sounds good, but I don't believe that we can have 10 men in the bullpen, so someone might get dropped. i'm assuming Cole, Taillon and Montgomery are the top 3 starters. Where is Gil? Is Kluber in the mix? Schmidt? King? Will the team bite the bullet on Heaney? Interesting decisions to sort out.
    Agree. Imo German may go to rotation with Tallion down. I still don't trust Kluber'. I'm not sure about Gil in postseason pressure. Schmidt and King will likely see meaningful innings. Whatever Yankees get from Sevy this season is a bonus.

    Will they bite the bullet on Heaney? 64K ?

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,593
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Sounds good, but I don't believe that we can have 10 men in the bullpen, so someone might get dropped. i'm assuming Cole, Taillon and Montgomery are the top 3 starters. Where is Gil? Is Kluber in the mix? Schmidt? King? Will the team bite the bullet on Heaney? Interesting decisions to sort out.
    I just listed possibles My guess is if that was the group, either Rodriguez or Peralta are on standby.
    If they get there, my guess is they are 4 man all the way.
    Cole
    Tallion
    Monty
    Then a mix of Kluber/Nestor//Schmidt/King

    Going with a 4 man gives them another arm out of the pen. I wouldn't be shocked if they carried a few long guys-
    Nestor/King. LR
    German, Holmes, Leutge, Peralta. MR
    Sevy, Green, Loiasiga, Chappy. Late innings



    Ignorance is bliss

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    12,769
    @MaxTGoodman
    ·
    5m
    Gleyber Torres was taken out of last night's game on defense in the eighth inning.

    Asked this afternoon if he had any issues with how Torres ran out a ground ball in the top of the eighth, Aaron Boone said "a little bit."


    Boone showing some discipline?? shocking

  14. #44
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,104
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    @MaxTGoodman
    ·
    5m
    Gleyber Torres was taken out of last night's game on defense in the eighth inning.

    Asked this afternoon if he had any issues with how Torres ran out a ground ball in the top of the eighth, Aaron Boone said "a little bit."


    Boone showing some discipline?? shocking
    Guy just seems to lack motivation to improve. A lot of untapped talent due to laziness.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,593
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    @MaxTGoodman
    ·
    5m
    Gleyber Torres was taken out of last night's game on defense in the eighth inning.

    Asked this afternoon if he had any issues with how Torres ran out a ground ball in the top of the eighth, Aaron Boone said "a little bit."


    Boone showing some discipline?? shocking




    Ignorance is bliss

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •