Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

NY Yankees @ Baltimore Orioles Sept. 14-16

The Yankees head to Baltimore to battle the Orioles in the first of a three-game AL East series beginning Tuesday night. It will be Gerrit Cole seeking his third straight road win. Alexander Wells is aiming for his first home win of the season for the Orioles. NY leads the season by a 9-7 count.

Gerrit Cole will take the mound for the 27th time of the season. Cole is well-rested after last pitching one week ago against the Blue Jays where he allowed three runs (two earned) in 3.2 innings before exiting with a hamstring injury. The Yankeesí ace is in a groove, allowing two or fewer runs in five consecutive performances, and is sporting a 2.78 ERA and a 0.99 WHIP complemented by a 14-7 record in 158.2 innings pitched. He tossed seven shutout innings in his lone meeting against the Orioles this season and is 3-1 with a stifling 1.36 ERA in six career meetings against the division rivals.

The Yankees need to at least win this series however a sweep would be ideal considering they trail Toronto by 0.5 games in the AL Wildcard. NY is an abysmal 2-8 in their last 10 games including a series loss at Citi Field last weekend. They rebounded with a 6-5 win against the Twins on Monday.

Giancarlo Stanton has feasted on the Orioles this season, recording four homers with 15 RBIís in 55 at-bats. The veteran DH has 27 HR's with 76 RBIís on the year. Like many Yankees, Stanton cooled off, amassing only five RBIís so far this month.

The Yankees are averaging 4.33 runs per game, ranking them 20th in the Majors. They feature a 3.73 team ERA, good for fifth overall.

Yankees
    @
    Orioles

Tue, Sep 14 ē 7:05 PM EDT

Gerrit Cole
    RHP
    14-7, 2.78 ERA, 217 SO

Alexander Wells
    LHP
    1-2, 7.15 ERA, 17 SO

Wed, Sep 15 ē 7:05 PM EDT

TBD

John Means
    LHP
    5-7, 3.42 ERA, 114 SO

Thu, Sep 16 ē 5:05 PM EDT

TBD

Chris Ellis
    RHP
    1-0, 2.08 ERA, 18 SO

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    The Yankees head to Baltimore to battle the Orioles in the first of a three-game AL East series beginning Tuesday night. It will be Gerrit Cole seeking his third straight road win. Alexander Wells is aiming for his first home win of the season for the Orioles. NY leads the season by a 9-7 count.

Gerrit Cole will take the mound for the 27th time of the season. Cole is well-rested after last pitching one week ago against the Blue Jays where he allowed three runs (two earned) in 3.2 innings before exiting with a hamstring injury. The Yankeesí ace is in a groove, allowing two or fewer runs in five consecutive performances, and is sporting a 2.78 ERA and a 0.99 WHIP complemented by a 14-7 record in 158.2 innings pitched. He tossed seven shutout innings in his lone meeting against the Orioles this season and is 3-1 with a stifling 1.36 ERA in six career meetings against the division rivals.

The Yankees need to at least win this series however a sweep would be ideal considering they trail Toronto by 0.5 games in the AL Wildcard. NY is an abysmal 2-8 in their last 10 games including a series loss at Citi Field last weekend. They rebounded with a 6-5 win against the Twins on Monday.

Giancarlo Stanton has feasted on the Orioles this season, recording four homers with 15 RBIís in 55 at-bats. The veteran DH has 27 HR's with 76 RBIís on the year. Like many Yankees, Stanton cooled off, amassing only five RBIís so far this month.

The Yankees are averaging 4.33 runs per game, ranking them 20th in the Majors. They feature a 3.73 team ERA, good for fifth overall.

Yankees
    @
    Orioles

Tue, Sep 14 ē 7:05 PM EDT

Gerrit Cole
    RHP
    14-7, 2.78 ERA, 217 SO

Alexander Wells
    LHP
    1-2, 7.15 ERA, 17 SO

Wed, Sep 15 ē 7:05 PM EDT

TBD

John Means
    LHP
    5-7, 3.42 ERA, 114 SO

Thu, Sep 16 ē 5:05 PM EDT

TBD

Chris Ellis
    RHP
    1-0, 2.08 ERA, 18 SO
    Desperately need to sweep!

Jays are destroying the Rays right now 8-0.

It looks like they are the favorites in the AL right now.

47 runs vs Baltimore and now another 8 vs the Rays with 3 innings left.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Seattle beat Boston, were back in boys!!!!!!!!!! parade

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I look at the Yankees numbers Doc posted. Middle of the pack scoring and top of the pack pitching, should be good enough to win it all. The issue is the scoring. The Yankees rack up big numbers, then small numbers. It's not like they consistently score that. If they did, they would have a better record.
    This team sucks regarding RISP and manufacturing runs. On their 13 game streak, they were amazing but are now back to waiting for an HR.

(A well timed 12 game win streak would bring a WS title. A full playoff sweep! )

In short, I could see them get very fat over the next 9 games. Getting that run's scored stat a bit higher but then getting into trouble in the last 9.
    Whatever happens, they will have to scratch their way into the post season

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Seattle beat Boston, were back in boys!!!!!!!!!! parade
    Need to get Cole ready for Toronto!
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Former Yankee pitching coach Larry Rothschild was fired by the Padres recently.

When he was fire they were 68-58 and an ERA of 3.76 and allowed 149 HRs

Since he was fired they are just 6-11 and an ERA of 4.62 and allowed 25 HRs

Hmmmmmm
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I look at the Yankees numbers Doc posted. Middle of the pack scoring and top of the pack pitching, should be good enough to win it all. The issue is the scoring. The Yankees rack up big numbers, then small numbers. It's not like they consistently score that. If they did, they would have a better record.
    This team sucks regarding RISP and manufacturing runs. On their 13 game streak, they were amazing but are now back to waiting for an HR.

(A well timed 12 game win streak would bring a WS title. A full playoff sweep! )

In short, I could see them get very fat over the next 9 games. Getting that run's scored stat a bit higher but then getting into trouble in the last 9.
    Agree completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

In regards to your first paragraph, I was talking to my buddy about the same exact thing yesterday. And you know what is really sad about that? I was talking to my buddy about the same exact thing last September and the September before that!!
    Back to station to station baseball waiting for the 3 run homer! And Iím sure I speak for most of us when I say Iíve had enough! When we brought up Flo and Allen and Wade was playing and Velazquez as well, we were LEADING THE MAJORS IN STEALS SINCE THE ALL STAR BREAK!!! And gee golly gosh we had if not the best but one of the best records in the majors since the break! (Go figure) And Boone was actually managing like a manager!
    Now Iím sure this is all a coincidence. But now weíre playing for our playoff lives.

The other thing is( and yes I know itís a part of the game) but injuries hurt us big time on the mound. Weíre back to the bullpen being burnt out again. You mentioned just the other day about Green being tired. I think we were really counting on Sevy coming back, and now Taillon is out Germann is out and losing Loisaga hurt big time.
    But this happens every year as well, we donít get innings out of our starters for whatever reason and by September our guys in the bullpen have their arms dragging.

We were certainly able to compensate for our injuries in the lineup better than on the mound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    In regards to your first paragraph, I was talking to my buddy about the same exact thing yesterday. And you know what is really sad about that? I was talking to my buddy about the same exact thing last September and the September before that!!
    Back to station to station baseball waiting for the 3 run homer! And Iím sure I speak for most of us when I say Iíve had enough! When we brought up Flo and Allen and Wade was playing and Velazquez as well, we were LEADING THE MAJORS IN STEALS SINCE THE ALL STAR BREAK!!! And gee golly gosh we had if not the best but one of the best records in the majors since the break! (Go figure) And Boone was actually managing like a manager!
    Now Iím sure this is all a coincidence. But now weíre playing for our playoff lives.

The other thing is( and yes I know itís a part of the game) but injuries hurt us big time on the mound. Weíre back to the bullpen being burnt out again. You mentioned just the other day about Green being tired. I think we were really counting on Sevy coming back, and now Taillon is out Germann is out and losing Loisaga hurt big time.
    But this happens every year as well, we donít get innings out of our starters for whatever reason and by September our guys in the bullpen have their arms dragging.

We were certainly able to compensate for our injuries in the lineup better than on the mound.

Great post. I really do think they were a far better team when they had that speed and athleticism. I hope that they recognized how much better, and far more fun to watch, when they were playing that way. Then again it took them 4 month to long to figure out Torres wasn't a SS, so my hopes aren't high..

There are a couple versatile, athletic switch hitter that are likely to be available this winter in K Marte and J Ram. I would love to see them add one or both of those guys.

I don't think were going to be nearly as worried about pitching options down the stretch next yr, as we have been for the last 10yrs. Cole, Monty and Taillon are locks, Sevy, Nestor, Schmidt, Gil, German and King will all be options to start the yr. We have another 4 guys in Velasquez, Waldichuk, Medina and Wesneski who could be ready at some point next yr. That doesn't even count the BP arm we could see either. We are going to have some extremely interesting options next yr and beyond

I donít think Iím going out on a limb here saying we need to sweep the Oís

cole looks like he is still feeling the effects of the hammy.. he is way wild already walked 2 men in the first inning 3-2 last batter with bases loaded.. but managed to get out of the inning about 29 pitches...when he ran to cover first on a ground ball he did not look good running he seemed to be laboring covering the bag.. barely beat the runner..

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    I donít think Iím going out on a limb here saying we need to sweep the Oís

anything less then a sweep is a defeat for the yanks playoff chances..

Excellent bounce back inning for Cole

Ignorance is bliss

Rizzo is smart

Ignorance is bliss

Good lord
    Stanton didn't even get all of that.

Ignorance is bliss

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast