Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    joe barry isnt the answer man... this defense looks like the worst defense we have had in a long *** time lol... barry and king need to be off the team as soon as this game is over

lol the announcers are talking so much **** about barry and how we are just sitting back xD

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    lol the announcers are talking so much **** about barry and how we are just sitting back xD
    I've been watching ESPN2 with Eli and Peyton and it is soo much better than the regular broadcast. but, yeah they were kind of ripping some of the play calls on defense

I agree Barry stinks, but I'm not sure jow much difference a DC can make. Some part of it can be fixed by a DC, but they just have bad players. No pass rush and the line gets destroyed by the run all day.

a little luck there but, nice stop on 4th down

i'm surprised they didn't throw a "Taunting" penalty on Tonyan for celebrating that penalty

the rain is definitely helping the defense out now

Everyone kicked it into gear in the 2nf half. Hopefully thats the new norm, but still lots of sloppy play all around.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I've been watching ESPN2 with Eli and Peyton and it is soo much better than the regular broadcast. but, yeah they were kind of ripping some of the play calls on defense
    Thank you, I wasnít aware they were doing that and only discovered checking in here during the game. When I finally discovered it was at the end of the game and they had Pat McAfee on. Were you watching most of the game there? I just found a short YouTube video that was titled something like Peyton and Eli go crazy over Rodgers TD pass and it was when Rodgers threw to Tonyan in between 2 defenders and at that time they had Favre on, just curious how long he was on there and/or if it was awkward. Itís only a min video but i donít think he said a word.

Quote Originally Posted by MFNkingAC View Post
    Thank you, I wasnít aware they were doing that and only discovered checking in here during the game. When I finally discovered it was at the end of the game and they had Pat McAfee on. Were you watching most of the game there? I just found a short YouTube video that was titled something like Peyton and Eli go crazy over Rodgers TD pass and it was when Rodgers threw to Tonyan in between 2 defenders and at that time they had Favre on, just curious how long he was on there and/or if it was awkward. Itís only a min video but i donít think he said a word.
    Yeah I watched the whole game on the ESPN2 stream it was wayyyyyyyyyy better. they had a few different guests, Gronk, Patrick Willis, Favre, McAfee. the only awkward part of Favre being on there was you could tell there was a bit of a delay so he would say something and then there was like a 10 second delay so it was an awkward silence. the one thing I wish they would do different is not have Peyton and Eli's face on screen. just do full screen game broadcast with them as the commentators.

I havent watched it but the fave thing annoys me. I might check it out on a non Packers game where not having the game full screen may be more acceptable. But I've heard great things. And the main ESPN crew for the main game is just bad. I mean, in the firs thalf they were praising the lions defense for keeping the Packers in check when they only made one stop. And yeaz Rodgers didnt have many yards, but it was because we did well on the ground.

I really hope this opens people's eyes on having options. Everyone is so settled in on the standard play by play with a former player color guy and a sideline reporter setup and that hasn't changed i years. A few years back ESPN had a setup for coaches film for the college football playoff where they'd have a few college coaches whose seasons were over come in and watch the games together. They'd talk strategy and they could rewind the film between plays to highlight stuff and there were always a few guys who were super educational.

Cuz thats the thing. With hi Def TVs and everyone having 50 inch TVs at a minimum it seems, I dont need a play by play guy to tell me Aaron Jones carried the ball for 8 yards. I can see that. I'd rather have someone telling me that when Rodgers sent Lazard in motion it showed the defense was in man so the linebacker was likely keying the tight end instead of a run read or something like that.

But to the game. I can't stand the bend but don't break **** anymore. In today's NFL, teams go for it on 4th down alot. So letting teams get 4 yards a play and having it be 3rd and 2 isn't good anymore. If you give even a semi competent NFL team 2 tries to pick up 2 yards, they'll convert very frequently.

To me, we should be taking chances on defense. We stink at just getting 3 play stops unless there's a negative play, like a sack or penalty. So let's force the issue and take chances. Our offense is good. So who cares if we give up a big play. That just means our offense comes back out quickly and tires out the opposing defense.

The NFL isn't 17-14 games anymore. Teams are going to score points against you. I think we have to accept that teams will score points and spend more time selling out for the negative play or turnover. And if that means giving up more 20+ yard plays, I'm fine with that. I'm sick of getting 4-8 yard play killed down the field while Rodgers sits on the bench with his thumb up his ***.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 09-21-2021 at 11:38 AM.

I'm already done with Joe Barry. He sure as hell isn't running the defense that the Rams are running. I didn't think we could play a softer zone than what Pettine played, but here we are.

Also, there is no reason that King should start over Stokes moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    I'm already done with Joe Barry. He sure as hell isn't running the defense that the Rams are running. I didn't think we could play a softer zone than what Pettine played, but here we are.

Also, there is no reason that King should start over Stokes moving forward.
    its not a good look for Barry when LaFleur said in his presser he had to tell Barry to switch coverages and when he switched coverages thats when the defense started to hold the lions.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    its not a good look for Barry when LaFleur said in his presser he had to tell Barry to switch coverages and when he switched coverages thats when the defense started to hold the lions.
    To be fair, the head coach having a say in the defense isn't a bad thing. I think that got overblown a bit because there's probably a good chance Lafluer was involved with the original game plan as well, which clearly was to just rush 4.

I agree it's not a great look, but the head coach telling his coordinators to do something different isn't really uncommon and shouldn't be uncommon. It would be more concerning if he wasn't doing stuff like that. He's the head coach.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast