Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    I think the rams and the cardinals are both Super Bowl contenders so splitting hairs there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kind of agree here.

I'm putting the Seahawks last but I don't think they're a bad team. Once DangeRuss stops playing like a MVP in the second half of the season as usual, that's probably a 9-8 team. I think each NFC West team will collect 6 wins from the AFC South and NFC North.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    Why were they ranked that high? They spent their future for a QB who is not ready to play yet. The other 3 teams have QBs that are ready to play now. Jimmy G is always one banana peel away from going on IR.
    And they were not smart enough to simply offer any team who were to take their franchise QB during the draft with much less then giving up the farm on the assumption he wouldn't have falling have falling to them. Heck Mac Jones had falling to the Pats at 15 who many speculated the 49ers would draft. And the Bears move up for much less to get their franchise QB. Maybe Lynch can't handle the pressure of working the lines during the draft like most GMs.

Quote Originally Posted by cattusmaru View Post
    And they were not smart enough to simply offer any team who were to take their franchise QB during the draft with much less then giving up the farm on the assumption he wouldn't have falling have falling to them. Heck Mac Jones had falling to the Pats at 15 who many speculated the 49ers would draft. And the Bears move up for much less to get their franchise QB. Maybe Lynch can't handle the pressure of working the lines during the draft like most GMs.
    Lynch seems to have done better than the majority of GMs. He took over a loser and had them in the Super Bowl 2 years laterÖ

But beyond that, that has nothing to do with how good they are right now. Saying the 49ers today are not as good as another team because they donít have a 1st round pick next year is pretty bad logic.

Regardless of how the standings shake out, it's pretty obvious that this is the best division in football top to bottom.

No other division has 4 teams that could make an argument about being a super bowl contender. I think that argument is weakest for the 49ers, but they could make one for sure.

NFC East probably only gets division winner to playoffs, 2 at most. NFC North maybe gets 2 teams to the playoffs. NFC south is also maybe 2 teams if Winston isn't a fluke.

AFC North is probably 2 teams, maybe 3. AFC East is one team. AFC West is maybe 2 teams. AFC South is maybe two teams.

A division with 4 teams that not only have a chance at the playoffs but legit arguments for being SB contenders is pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Regardless of how the standings shake out, it's pretty obvious that this is the best division in football top to bottom.

No other division has 4 teams that could make an argument about being a super bowl contender. I think that argument is weakest for the 49ers, but they could make one for sure.

NFC East probably only gets division winner to playoffs, 2 at most. NFC North maybe gets 2 teams to the playoffs. NFC south is also maybe 2 teams if Winston isn't a fluke.

AFC North is probably 2 teams, maybe 3. AFC East is one team. AFC West is maybe 2 teams. AFC South is maybe two teams.

A division with 4 teams that not only have a chance at the playoffs but legit arguments for being SB contenders is pretty awesome.
    NFCN has less wins than you guys division. Maybe GB bounces back, but the rest of them suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Eegles4ever: This is some football here. What about the Wentz? This thread by fiddy.

RBphiladelphia: This couldn't be a Wentz even if you wished for it. Wentz does not exist.

Mr Not the Eagles: Friends, look for the lack of Wentz where there is now Hertz. Wentz is a horse while Dak is a cow.

CamBearMan: I am not Cam, Cam is inevitable.

Mods: Guys, please cut out on all the violence. Due to complaints, the letter A must be at least 6 spaces away from the letter I.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Lynch seems to have done better than the majority of GMs. He took over a loser and had them in the Super Bowl 2 years laterÖ

But beyond that, that has nothing to do with how good they are right now. Saying the 49ers today are not as good as another team because they donít have a 1st round pick next year is pretty bad logic.
    Seems so as they went to the SB in a relatively short time but he hasn't as far as being a GM goes unless you think drafting Solomon Thomas was a smart first pick when he wasn't impactful at Stanford other than possibly falling in love with players regardless of their true impact like Gruden on Ferrell. And they should have got ridden of Jimmy when Brady wanted to play for his home team but they were still smitten by his looks maybe as it couldn't be his arm. And the overpay on a rb even if McKinnon didn't suffer an injury was foolish when back can be impactful with a solid o-line but I guess when a team as a boatload of cap space, spend freely I supposed. Those were all GM decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by cattusmaru View Post
    Seems so as they went to the SB in a relatively short time but he hasn't as far as being a GM goes unless you think drafting Solomon Thomas was a smart first pick when he wasn't impactful at Stanford other than possibly falling in love with players regardless of their true impact like Gruden on Ferrell. And they should have got ridden of Jimmy when Brady wanted to play for his home team but they were still smitten by his looks maybe as it couldn't be his arm. And the overpay on a rb even if McKinnon didn't suffer an injury was foolish when back can be impactful with a solid o-line but I guess when a team as a boatload of cap space, spend freely I supposed. Those were all GM decisions.
    If you look at only a GMís bad decisions they all look bad. Conversely to those examples, he hit on Deebo Samual and Brandon Aiyuk as WRs in the draft (and we havenít hit on a WR since TO really). He picked Bosa 2nd, he drafted Greenlaw and Warner in the 5th and 3rd rounds. And the draft we picked Solomon we got Kittle in the 5th.

Heck, the Thomas draft (where he also took Reuben Foster in the 1st) was his first draft. Outside of that his drafts have been basically excellent (obviously excluding last yearís since we donít know).

As for the McKinnon signing, it hasnít impacted us much as we have had among the best rushing games since his hire. Not to mention he also did great signing/trading for Trent Williams to replace retiring Joe Staley, and Sherman was a great signing relative to his cost as well. Resigning Armstead was a great signing as well.

Heís definitely done far more good than bad. Heís among the better GMs in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post

Agreed

rams.

they have the best QB, maybe the best defense again, good oline, good receivers, very few weaknesses

they're going to be tough to beat
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

The Rams are clearly the best team however donít forget that weíve seen Matt Stafford play great in the regular season before. He needs to prove he can do it in January.

Right now based on overall talent it is definitely the 49ers who are the best team in this division when healthy. But right now after these past 2 games who has been more impressive, the Rams or the 49ers? It is definitely the Los Angeles Rams especially with their new QB1 Matthew Stafford.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Right now based on overall talent it is definitely the 49ers who are the best team in this division when healthy. But right now after these past 2 games who has been more impressive, the Rams or the 49ers? It is definitely the Los Angeles Rams especially with their new QB1 Matthew Stafford.
    This post makes zero sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    The Rams are clearly the best team however donít forget that weíve seen Matt Stafford play great in the regular season before. He needs to prove he can do it in January.
    Yet weíve never seen Stafford with competent coaching and a legit defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Yet weíve never seen Stafford with competent coaching and a legit defense.
    Exactly. Stafford had Calvin Johnson and that's it for most of his career. This rams team and coaching staff is by far the best he's been around. He'll still need to make plays in January for them to win it all, but I don't think Stafford's past is any indication of how he'll be in the future.

That being said, there's a small part of me that's sad it appears stafford may actually have some post season success in the coming years. He was on pace to set up one of the most fascinating HOF and legacy conversations of all time. Theres a good chance when he retires he's either going to have set a bunch of records or be near the top in most passing categories. But up to this point, he had no team success to show for it. Would have made for a very interesting legacy debate (basically the inverse of the Julian Edelman debate).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast