Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Exactly. Stafford had Calvin Johnson and that's it for most of his career. This rams team and coaching staff is by far the best he's been around. He'll still need to make plays in January for them to win it all, but I don't think Stafford's past is any indication of how he'll be in the future.

That being said, there's a small part of me that's sad it appears stafford may actually have some post season success in the coming years. He was on pace to set up one of the most fascinating HOF and legacy conversations of all time. Theres a good chance when he retires he's either going to have set a bunch of records or be near the top in most passing categories. But up to this point, he had no team success to show for it. Would have made for a very interesting legacy debate (basically the inverse of the Julian Edelman debate).
    Iíd put Rivers in that realm of great numbers with not much team success.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Yet weíve never seen Stafford with competent coaching and a legit defense.
    True although he did have a prime Suh on his DL and competent CB play. Thatís where Slay got his start correct?

Exactly. Stafford had Calvin Johnson and that's it for most of his career. This rams team and coaching staff is by far the best he's been around. He'll still need to make plays in January for them to win it all, but I don't think Stafford's past is any indication of how he'll be in the future.

That being said, there's a small part of me that's sad it appears stafford may actually have some post season success in the coming years. He was on pace to set up one of the most fascinating HOF and legacy conversations of all time. Theres a good chance when he retires he's either going to have set a bunch of records or be near the top in most passing categories. But up to this point, he had no team success to show for it. Would have made for a very interesting legacy debate (basically the inverse of the Julian Edelman debate).
    Without playoff success heís Tony Romo.

Rivers is also another Tony Romo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Rivers is also another Tony Romo.
    Rivers got way more hype and had better teams than Romo ever had. Rivers is an all time great choker.
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Eegles4ever: This is some football here. What about the Wentz? This thread by fiddy.

RBphiladelphia: This couldn't be a Wentz even if you wished for it. Wentz does not exist.

Mr Not the Eagles: Friends, look for the lack of Wentz where there is now Hertz. Wentz is a horse while Dak is a cow.

CamBearMan: I am not Cam, Cam is inevitable.

Mods: Guys, please cut out on all the violence. Due to complaints, the letter A must be at least 6 spaces away from the letter I.

Basically what I said the Rams are the best team in this division all be it not by much when it comes to the 49ers. Basically the Rams are slightly better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    Rivers got way more hype and had better teams than Romo ever had. Rivers is an all time great choker.
    Yeah I think Rivers had a really strong defense with him for most of his career. Romo only had good defenses for a few years.

I like both players, but I think Romo had to do more with less for most of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Basically what I said the Rams are the best team in this division all be it not by much when it comes to the 49ers. Basically the Rams are slightly better.
    You said in a post above that the 49ers are the best team.

True although he did have a prime Suh on his DL and competent CB play. Thatís where Slay got his start correct?
    He did play alongside great individual talents (Johnson, suh, slay) but youíre talking about such a small part of the overall team.
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Iíd agree. Still think it was their teams that fell apart more so than mainly Rivers.

Rivers had a decent amount of winning seasons and played in 12 playoff games. Stafford had played in 3, all loses when he left Detroit and only had double digit wins twice. Had he stayed, they likely would have made a bigger push at keeping some WR talent, but there's a legit argument that Stafford could end up in the top 3 to 5 in passing yardage for his career. And probably in that range for TDs too.

That was what made Stafford so fascinating to me. It wasn't just that his team's werent good. His teams were largely really bad, and he was on pace to statstically be in the top 5 across the board on alot of stats. At age 33, Matt Stafford will likely finish this season 12th in career TD passes and 12th or 13th in passing yards assuming he stays healthy. No one knows how long he'll play or be effective. But if he can play as long as rivers and even play at an okay level (especially with 17 game schedules), he's going to finish pretty darn high on those lists. Giving reasonable projections and him paying till 40 (which I get is a big ask), it's somewhat likely he finishes 3rd in yards and 5th in TDs, if not higher if he plays well the next few years.

Who's the best team in the NFC West?

Disagree on both. Romo had WAY more hype than Rivers, honestly itís not even close. Romo was on National tv about 10 times per season. The only time Rivers was on National tv is when they played Dallas or New England. Also Romo had some very good teams and was even the #1 seed at one point.

Who's the best team in the NFC West?

Rivers had a decent amount of winning seasons and played in 12 playoff games. Stafford had played in 3, all loses when he left Detroit and only had double digit wins twice. Had he stayed, they likely would have made a bigger push at keeping some WR talent, but there's a legit argument that Stafford could end up in the top 3 to 5 in passing yardage for his career. And probably in that range for TDs too.

That was what made Stafford so fascinating to me. It wasn't just that his team's werent good. His teams were largely really bad, and he was on pace to statstically be in the top 5 across the board on alot of stats. At age 33, Matt Stafford will likely finish this season 12th in career TD passes and 12th or 13th in passing yards assuming he stays healthy. No one knows how long he'll play or be effective. But if he can play as long as rivers and even play at an okay level (especially with 17 game schedules), he's going to finish pretty darn high on those lists. Giving reasonable projections and him paying till 40 (which I get is a big ask), it's somewhat likely he finishes 3rd in yards and 5th in TDs, if not higher if he plays well the next few years.
    Maybe not realm but same kingdom perhaps?

Yeah, they had a legit defense in that season when they got beat by the Cowboys in the playoffs, one game before the Dez non-catch.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Yeah, they had a legit defense in that season when they got beat by the Cowboys in the playoffs, one game before the Dez non-catch.
    Beat by the Cowboys on an iffy call too.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast