Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Boone said he is looking to Gio Urshela to play SS, beginning tomorrow. DJ LeMahieu at 3B going forward.

Gio has not been good on either side of the ball. But I guess it's worth a shot.

Torres has shown nothing that leads me to believe he is capable of sticking at short stop. He has lazy foot work and it hasn't improved.

I'm starting to wonder if his offensive struggles are tied to his defensive struggles, etc.

I've noticed Torres is a better hitter when he's more aggressive. I'm wondering if the Yankees one size fits all approach(being less aggressive and working the count) is actually hurting Torres.

I'd like to see a new staff next year. It's obvious this coaching staff is not getting the best out of its players. They need to stop having a one size fits all approach on offense and start letting guys do what they do best, and handling each guy on an individual basis.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    After the 10 days is up then Velasquez is back at SS.

DJ back at 2b
    Gio at 3rd

Torres is now part time.

That is basically what it looks like now….
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I would say he's probably cost us 7-8 runs since he's been back? Whatever the numbers, its not good. Torres just isn't a SS, while he was good at 2nd and probably would be fine at 3rd. I won't complain if they move him, but he's still very young and has shown alot of promise when he was at 2nd. I would like to see what he does offensively when he's not at SS

I 100% agree. When i was referring to a stop gap i was thinking they could easily live with Velasquez/ Wade there till Peraza is ready. It's really not a stretch, with how well he's performed at AA this yr, that he could be MLB ready sometime next yr. Defensively he could play SS for us tomorrow and be as good as Velasquez. He's not struggling with the bat at all as his numbers prove, he just needs more reps against high velo FB and MLB quality off speed pitches. Having his kinda of speed, he's probably as fast or faster than Wade, would be a huge boost at the top of our lineup. He's a true leadoff hitter.

We have the best group of SS talent in all of BB, Peraza is a top 50-60 spec, Volpe could be a top 10 guy by the end of the yr, Vargas, Sweeney and the #1 over IFA spec and maybe the best tool set of the group with Arias. IMO, signing one of the big name SS this winter would be foolish. They are all looking for 7-10 yr deals with AAV for 25m plus. With the kind of talent we have coming very soon at that position, I think it would be foolish to block that position. Before the season i really was hoping they could get Seager this winter, but he's hurt so often i think that would be a mistake.

I do see one reason they could go big after a FA SS this winter though. Next yr is going to be the last with this core and they really need to win a WS. I could see them going after one of those SS for next yr, with the plan of moving them to 3rd base in 2023. Most analyst think Seager is going to eventually have to move off of SS to 3rd base anyways and getting his LHed bat would help to balance the lineup more. I don't want to see them commit huge money, long term, to a SS this winter, but i could see this front office thinking that was the right idea

But Day, the problem is they signed DJ for how many more years?

They will get a lefty 1b to help balance lineup IMO with Rizzo, Freeman, ect……so DJ is not going there.

They will probably keep Gio at 3rd

DJ stays at 2nd

Wade/Velasquez/Peraza will fight it out in the spring and maybe Peraza wins out like Jeter did in 1996…now granted an injury occurred to Tony Fernandez which opened the door for Jeter in spring of 96.

I think Peraza could be the SS.

I could easily see Voit, Torres and even add Gio to trades in the offseason.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    After the 10 days is up then Velasquez is back at SS.

DJ back at 2b
    Gio at 3rd

Torres is now part time.

That is basically what it looks like now….
    Yeah, no. They're definitely not going to make Torres part time.

It would be a disaster to whatever little trade value he has. Since you think they'll trade him. I'm sure you'll change your mind shortly.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

But Day, the problem is they signed DJ for how many more years?

They will get a lefty 1b to help balance lineup IMO with Rizzo, Freeman, ect……so DJ is not going there.

They will probably keep Gio at 3rd

DJ stays at 2nd

Wade/Velasquez/Peraza will fight it out in the spring and maybe Peraza wins out like Jeter did in 1996…now granted an injury occurred to Tony Fernandez which opened the door for Jeter in spring of 96.

I think Peraza could be the SS.

I could easily see Voit, Torres and even add Gio to trades in the offseason.
    Fair point about DJ, but i would think he probably goes back to rotating between 1st,2nd and 3rd next yr, especially if this yr doesn't turn out to be just a down yr for him. If he goes back to hitting .320 then u find a place to play him everyday. With the way injuries have been the last few yrs, i don;t think having a super utility guy that plays 5 out of 6 games would be the worst idea.

Even though i would like it, I just don't see us going after Freeman. 1) the Braves are a very good team, in the middle of a championship window 2) he's a hometown kid and he's played his whole career their and they love him. ATL isn't a small market club, they have the money to keep him. 3) he's going to be 33 next yr 4) the kind of offer it would take to get him away from ATL would have to be big and long term. He's likely going to want a 5-6yr deal, the backend of that deal could be UGLY

I hope they bring Rizzo back, I love everything about the guy and what he brings to the team. That said what kind of deal is he going to want? If he want 5-6 yrs at 20-25m AAV, hard pass. If he would do a 2-3 yr deal with a mutual option for the 4th at 15-20m AAV sign me up.

Everyone i've talked to that is associated with the Yanks has said they are going to be extremely cautious about signing any FA over 30 to long term deals. They saw what a killer those contract can be at the end like with Arod, Jake, Tex and would like to avoid that i the future. I'm not saying it won't happen, but i think its very unlikely you will see them sign a FA over 30 to any kind of long term, expensive deal

I could absolutely see them trade guys like Voit, Gio, Torres, Gary, Andujar and Frazier if he has any value left. IMO there 1st move is going to be to figure out what they are going to do at SS. Do they go all in trying to win next yr and sign one of the big name FA SS? do they go with a stop gap like Wade/ Velasquez till Peraza is ready? After they make that decision, then they'll have a better idea what they need to do with the rest of the lineup.

I'd love them to revisit a K Marte trade, he could play SS till Peraza is ready then go out to CF and have Hicks/Flo be the 4th/5th OFer if they don't move Hicks. I believe K Marte is under contract for 2 more yrs, so that would fit very nicely with the Dominguez/ Pereira time line. K Marte would add balance, speed, versatility and athleticism to the lineup. Send them Voit/ Torres plus

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Fair point about DJ, but i would think he probably goes back to rotating between 1st,2nd and 3rd next yr, especially if this yr doesn't turn out to be just a down yr for him. If he goes back to hitting .320 then u find a place to play him everyday. With the way injuries have been the last few yrs, i don;t think having a super utility guy that plays 5 out of 6 games would be the worst idea.

Even though i would like it, I just don't see us going after Freeman. 1) the Braves are a very good team, in the middle of a championship window 2) he's a hometown kid and he's played his whole career their and they love him. ATL isn't a small market club, they have the money to keep him. 3) he's going to be 33 next yr 4) the kind of offer it would take to get him away from ATL would have to be big and long term. He's likely going to want a 5-6yr deal, the backend of that deal could be UGLY

I hope they bring Rizzo back, I love everything about the guy and what he brings to the team. That said what kind of deal is he going to want? If he want 5-6 yrs at 20-25m AAV, hard pass. If he would do a 2-3 yr deal with a mutual option for the 4th at 15-20m AAV sign me up.

Everyone i've talked to that is associated with the Yanks has said they are going to be extremely cautious about signing any FA over 30 to long term deals. They saw what a killer those contract can be at the end like with Arod, Jake, Tex and would like to avoid that i the future. I'm not saying it won't happen, but i think its very unlikely you will see them sign a FA over 30 to any kind of long term, expensive deal

I could absolutely see them trade guys like Voit, Gio, Torres, Gary, Andujar and Frazier if he has any value left. IMO there 1st move is going to be to figure out what they are going to do at SS. Do they go all in trying to win next yr and sign one of the big name FA SS? do they go with a stop gap like Wade/ Velasquez till Peraza is ready? After they make that decision, then they'll have a better idea what they need to do with the rest of the lineup.

I'd love them to revisit a K Marte trade, he could play SS till Peraza is ready then go out to CF and have Hicks/Flo be the 4th/5th OFer if they don't move Hicks. I believe K Marte is under contract for 2 more yrs, so that would fit very nicely with the Dominguez/ Pereira time line. K Marte would add balance, speed, versatility and athleticism to the lineup. Send them Voit/ Torres plus

A Torres/Andujar based trade for Ramirez. A Gio/Voit/Florial based trade for Marte?

Marte CF
    Judge RF
    Ramirez 3rd
    Stanton DH
    Gallo 1rst
    DJ 2nd
    GAry C
    Allen LF
    Peraza SS

When Volpe is ready, Ramirez goes to second and DJ is your rotational guy. Plays 1rst, 2nd,3rd and Then a day at DH and repeat. When Gallo goes, I would bet a guy like Ramirez can learn and be good at first. That makes room for Sweeney.to play second
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 09-14-2021 at 06:42 AM.

Ignorance is bliss

Boy that was fast! I knew their lineup was strong but didnt expect to be blown out today!

A blowout loss will mean the team packed it in…..we will see if they have fight now…..personally I feel team is over Boone and doesn’t care what happens from here on out……I NOW expect an 11-1 rout today.

How'd that work out for you, Rays fan?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I would have to disagree.

Yeah. me too. Nicky wrong again. What a shock.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Yeah, no. They're definitely not going to make Torres part time.

It would be a disaster to whatever little trade value he has. Since you think they'll trade him. I'm sure you'll change your mind shortly.

Hmm... I'll give him 10 minutes. LOL
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

I'm thinking that if Torres plays well the final 19 games, then the Yankees will keep him at 2B for next season and go out and get a SS and trade Urshella. If not, then I think Torres would be the one traded. I also think that if they sign Rizzo, they trade Voit. If they don't sign Rizzo, they keep Voit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    A Torres/Andujar based trade for Ramirez. A Gio/Voit/Florial based trade for Marte?

Marte CF
    Judge RF
    Ramirez 3rd
    Stanton DH
    Gallo 1rst
    DJ 2nd
    GAry C
    Allen LF
    Peraza SS

When Volpe is ready, Ramirez goes to second and DJ is your rotational guy. Plays 1rst, 2nd,3rd and Then a day at DH and repeat. When Gallo goes, I would bet a guy like Ramirez can learn and be good at first. That makes room for Sweeney.to play second
    I'd love to add both Marte and J Ram this off season, they would be the perfect additions IMO. My concern is what they might cost, Cleveland wanted a kings ransom for J Ram. To realistically to get him Cleveland would probably ask for 2 of our top 5, plus. If we could get him for something based around the package you suggested, sign me up but i wouldn't trade any of Volpe, Dominguez, Peraza, Pereira or Gil for him.

Probably a very similar case with Marte, If we could build a package most around guys from the MLB roster, get it done but i still wouldn't trade any of our top 5.

I think they may have enough to get one of them based on an MLB package, i would prefer Marte just a little but because he can so many positions, but to get both we would probably have to part with 2 of those top 5. Then again, J Rams salary goes up quite a bit next yr and Cleveland will probably be looking to move his money. Either guy would be a fantastic addition IO

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345