Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    kraken!!!

Ignorance is bliss

nice comeback win for the yanks a game they needed badly. but it is the twins no matter how bad the yanks have been playing they always beat the twins.

Gary Sucks , LOL we needed that so badly. What a job by Judge to get us back in the game and Gary for walking it off...

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I know right? We are clueless
    Its not like the vast majority of us haven't been wanting them to make that move a month into the season. Do you think this means they will go after 1 of the SS this winter? I sure hope they just get a stop gap till Peraza is ready

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Boy that was fast! I knew their lineup was strong but didnt expect to be blown out today!

A blowout loss will mean the team packed it inÖ..we will see if they have fight nowÖ..personally I feel team is over Boone and doesnít care what happens from here on outÖÖI NOW expect an 11-1 rout today.
    That aged well
    Last edited by dayners81; 09-13-2021 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Gary Sucks , LOL we needed that so badly. What a job by Judge to get us back in the game and Gary for walking it off...
    I think Gil had an underrated performance. He gave up 5 and that sucks but he pitched 6 and kept the team in the game. he didn't pack it in and fold. He worked his way through the tough spots

Ignorance is bliss

Yup, I called itÖ..too tough for Gil.
    I would have to disagree.

Ignorance is bliss

Yup, I called itÖ..too tough for Gil.
    Yup. This aged well Nick.

I think Gil had an underrated performance. He gave up 5 and that sucks but he pitched 6 and kept the team in the game. he didn't pack it in and fold. He worked his way through the tough spots
    And we didnít have to burn out an already taxed bullpen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary does still suck but he delivered today and kudos to Judge and the game tying 3 run homer.

Yanks, if they want Oct play, definitely needed that win and comeback. Hopefully this kickstarts another good run.

If they can play better I think they can go 12-6 in last 18. That is still .666 ball

92-70

I think Toronto still goes 13-6
    93-69

Boston will go 11-6
    92-70

We will be playing 163 like we did in 1978 to see who goes to the WC game to face Toronto.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 09-13-2021 at 07:04 PM.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    And we didnít have to burn out an already taxed bullpen

This.

Its not like the vast majority of us haven't been wanting them to make that move a month into the season. Do you think this means they will go after 1 of the SS this winter? I sure hope they just get a stop gap till Peraza is ready

That aged well
    Let me ask you this and Iím not pointing fingers here this is just fact. How many runs has Gleyber cost us at short since heís been back?
    Iím totally fine with Velazquez at short. I donít know how many stop gap short stops are out there that would be that much better than Velazquez. His defense is fantastic, he puts the ball in play, heís fast and he can steal bases.
    I have no idea if this is just a Cinderella story, but with the reasons Iíve listed Iíd rather go with him ,then spend money and years on a FA shortstop,especially with the promise of the guys in the minors.
    Now if a stop gap guy falls into our laps Iím all ears but I donít want to go after on of the FA shortstops.

I completely agree. Gil showed alot by not getting rattled, settling down and giving us 6 innings. The first inning was very tough, but after that he settled down, worked out of trouble and not having anymore crooked innings. Solo shot happen, especially to guys like Buxton.

I think Gil showed maturity beyound his MLB experience for his performance after the first inning. Its a really good sign for the future that he didn't let the game completely get away from him after his worst inning as a MLB starter.

The command and control both still need work and he has to get at least an average 3rd pitch, even if its a cutter or a 2 seam that gives him another option to keep hitters off balance. Maybe he just needs to change his grip with the CU, it just doesn't have enough velo separation from his FB to be an effective pitch. He throws his FB in the 95-99 range and the CU is usually above 90 and as high as 93. You usually want to see 7-10 MPH difference between the 2.

I think he's going to be the real deal, he's just not quite a finished product

I absolutely love Gil and still canít figure why they pulled him from rotation to begin withÖ.

The reason is Kluber is a vet and makes $12 million. But that backfired! Kluber is garbage.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Boone said he is looking to Gio Urshela to play SS, beginning tomorrow. DJ LeMahieu at 3B going forward.

Gio has not been good on either side of the ball. But I guess it's worth a shot.

Torres has shown nothing that leads me to believe he is capable of sticking at short stop. He has lazy foot work and it hasn't improved.

I'm starting to wonder if his offensive struggles are tied to his defensive struggles, etc.

I've noticed Torres is a better hitter when he's more aggressive. I'm wondering if the Yankees one size fits all approach(being less aggressive and working the count) is actually hurting Torres.

I'd like to see a new staff next year. It's obvious this coaching staff is not getting the best out of its players. They need to stop having a one size fits all approach on offense and start letting guys do what they do best, and handling each guy on an individual basis.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Let me ask you this and Iím not pointing fingers here this is just fact. How many runs has Gleyber cost us at short since heís been back?
    Iím totally fine with Velazquez at short. I donít know how many stop gap short stops are out there that would be that much better than Velazquez. His defense is fantastic, he puts the ball in play, heís fast and he can steal bases.
    I have no idea if this is just a Cinderella story, but with the reasons Iíve listed Iíd rather go with him ,then spend money and years on a FA shortstop,especially with the promise of the guys in the minors.
    Now if a stop gap guy falls into our laps Iím all ears but I donít want to go after on of the FA shortstops.

I would say he's probably cost us 7-8 runs since he's been back? Whatever the numbers, its not good. Torres just isn't a SS, while he was good at 2nd and probably would be fine at 3rd. I won't complain if they move him, but he's still very young and has shown alot of promise when he was at 2nd. I would like to see what he does offensively when he's not at SS

I 100% agree. When i was referring to a stop gap i was thinking they could easily live with Velasquez/ Wade there till Peraza is ready. It's really not a stretch, with how well he's performed at AA this yr, that he could be MLB ready sometime next yr. Defensively he could play SS for us tomorrow and be as good as Velasquez. He's not struggling with the bat at all as his numbers prove, he just needs more reps against high velo FB and MLB quality off speed pitches. Having his kinda of speed, he's probably as fast or faster than Wade, would be a huge boost at the top of our lineup. He's a true leadoff hitter.

We have the best group of SS talent in all of BB, Peraza is a top 50-60 spec, Volpe could be a top 10 guy by the end of the yr, Vargas, Sweeney and the #1 over IFA spec and maybe the best tool set of the group with Arias. IMO, signing one of the big name SS this winter would be foolish. They are all looking for 7-10 yr deals with AAV for 25m plus. With the kind of talent we have coming very soon at that position, I think it would be foolish to block that position. Before the season i really was hoping they could get Seager this winter, but he's hurt so often i think that would be a mistake.

I do see one reason they could go big after a FA SS this winter though. Next yr is going to be the last with this core and they really need to win a WS. I could see them going after one of those SS for next yr, with the plan of moving them to 3rd base in 2023. Most analyst think Seager is going to eventually have to move off of SS to 3rd base anyways and getting his LHed bat would help to balance the lineup more. I don't want to see them commit huge money, long term, to a SS this winter, but i could see this front office thinking that was the right idea

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast