Vs

Yankees
    Luis Gil
    RHP
    1-0, 1.42 ERA, 24 SO

Should be a good game

King of the Gil.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Great test for Gil. Not a great team but certainly a pressure situation and for all intensive purposes a "must win".

(Yes, no game is a must win till it's an elimination but at this point, almost all their games, especially vs lesser teams are must wins)

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Great test for Gil. Not a great team but certainly a pressure situation and for all intensive purposes a "must win".

(Yes, no game is a must win till it's an elimination but at this point, almost all their games, especially vs lesser teams are must wins)
    Clown, with Buxton back their lineup is going to be a tough cookie for Gil to navigate through. Buxton, Polanco Donaldson, Sano, Kepler all can do some serious damage with the bats. A great test.

Now their pitching is weak so hopefully the team is not so demoralized from last nights loss and they come out hitting.

I expect Voit about to play today as well.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 09-13-2021 at 09:31 AM.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Wow, Toronto put up 47 vs the O’s pitching. I wish we had that type of offense.

And explain why run differential is even a legitimate stat to follow.

Toronto’s run differential is +167 and record is 80-63

Yanks run differential is +27 and record is 79-64

I also feel the Yankees wasted opportunity from 2017-now with their young core…..

Toronto just started theirs(young core) last season and already have the most potent offense since the steroid era.

Cashman or the new GM will be in for a rude awakening with Toronto if they don’t retool properly over the offseason. We need better pitching.

I’d still do a major shakeup

Trade: Torres, Gio, Hicks, Voit, Sanchez, and Judge if it doesn’t work out in 2022.

I just don’t like the lineup and we need something different. More speed and contact hitters and not just all stars on their last legs.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 09-13-2021 at 09:57 AM.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Wow, Toronto put up 47 vs the O’s pitching. I wish we had that type of offense.

And explain why run differential is even a legitimate stat fo follow.

Toronto’s run differential is +167 and record is 80-63

Yanks run differential is +27 and record is 79-64

I also feel the Yankees wasted opportunity from 2017-now with their young core…..

Toronto just started theirs(young core) last season and already have the most potent offense since the steroid era.

Cashman or the new GM will be in for a rude awakening with Toronto if they don’t retool properly over the offseason. We need better pitching.
    Mush, again, it is not an excuse for the poor play but the Yankees rotation was supposed to be
    Cole
    Sevy
    Tallion
    Kluber
    Monty/German
    With guys like Schmidt, King, Nestor... waiting in AAA

Kluber is gone. Sevy is unreliable.

So next year,
    Cole
    Tallion
    Monty

Do you really want to try to buy a top level arm? As far as I recall, Scherzer basically said he didn't want to platy in NY. So he's out. There are some guys you could trade for and I am not opposed to that.
    But right now the Yankees have Gil, Schmidt, King, Waldichuck, Wesneski, Medina not to mention Sevy and German. I would rather them roll with those guys.

Now if you are talking pen? Ohhhhhh yes. I start my choices for the pen with Green (yes. he's good. he's been way, way overused and is getting hammered. but he's still a solid piece) Cortes, Loisiga, Chappy (they are stuck with him so find a role). Luetge, Peralta, Holmes, Rodriguez, Abreu are all possibilities but they need 2 legit late inning guys. That's my pitching focus.. If there is an opportunity to upgrade the rotation significantly? Yes. But my focus is the pen.

Then a couple athletic players who are contact hitters and lefties.

Ignorance is bliss

Clown, with Buxton back their lineup is going to be a tough cookie for Gil to navigate through. Buxton, Polanco Donaldson, Sano, Kepler all can do some serious damage with the bats. A great test.

Now their pitching is weak so hopefully the team is not so demoralized from last nights loss and they come out hitting.

I expect Voit about to play today as well.
    I agree. This will give the kid a really good test in a tight spot. I hope he pitches well.

Ignorance is bliss

I still get a chuckle out of Arod and how he shreds the lineup construction and hitting style.
    He'd take the 50 double guy who hit 300 over the 50 hr guy who hit 200. I fully agree. Largely because I agreed with his next comment regarding guys who hit doubles vs ones who hit HRs in the playoffs.

Ignorance is bliss

Mush, again, it is not an excuse for the poor play but the Yankees rotation was supposed to be
    Cole
    Sevy
    Tallion
    Kluber
    Monty/German
    With guys like Schmidt, King, Nestor... waiting in AAA

Kluber is gone. Sevy is unreliable.

So next year,
    Cole
    Tallion
    Monty

Do you really want to try to buy a top level arm? As far as I recall, Scherzer basically said he didn't want to platy in NY. So he's out. There are some guys you could trade for and I am not opposed to that.
    But right now the Yankees have Gil, Schmidt, King, Waldichuck, Wesneski, Medina not to mention Sevy and German. I would rather them roll with those guys.

Now if you are talking pen? Ohhhhhh yes. I start my choices for the pen with Green (yes. he's good. he's been way, way overused and is getting hammered. but he's still a solid piece) Cortes, Loisiga, Chappy (they are stuck with him so find a role). Luetge, Peralta, Holmes, Rodriguez, Abreu are all possibilities but they need 2 legit late inning guys. That's my pitching focus.. If there is an opportunity to upgrade the rotation significantly? Yes. But my focus is the pen.

Then a couple athletic players who are contact hitters and lefties.
    Clown we have been down this road before, injuries and rotation problem ARE a poor excuse for their current performance.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Clown we have been down this road before, injuries and rotation problem ARE a poor excuse for their current performance.
    Doh!

You got me!

Ignorance is bliss

I still get a chuckle out of Arod and how he shreds the lineup construction and hitting style.
    He'd take the 50 double guy who hit 300 over the 50 hr guy who hit 200. I fully agree. Largely because I agreed with his next comment regarding guys who hit doubles vs ones who hit HRs in the playoffs.
    But yet he was a masher with far more HR's than doubles. I like him more in the booth than I did on the field, he is knowledgeable and quick on his feet, however imo sometimes he simply enjoys the sound of his own voice a bit too much.

But the point is well taken, he was a masher but also hit for average, .295 career , .283 as a NYY.

BUT he is also among the career leaders in K's. Reggie Jackson holds the record for the most career strikeouts with 2,597. Jim Thome (2,548), Adam Dunn (2,379), Sammy Sosa (2,306), Alex Rodriguez (2,287) and Andrés Galarraga (2,003) are the only other hitters to strikeout over 2,000 times. What is the common thread? They were all power guys swinging for the fence, AROD included. Talk is cheap. People in glass houses.....
    Last edited by drt1010; 09-13-2021 at 11:02 AM.

That said, I DO agree with you.....but not Arod!

The Twins said earlier this season that they will not go past $75 million for Buxton and an extension.

The Yanks should think about trading for Buxton to play CF. He can hit, has speed and plays awesome defense in CF…

I’d trade Hicks to a team that needs a CFer and can afford the rest of the contract which is relatively cheap….

Then sign Freeman to a contract(5 yrs max)that he can’t refuse.

2022 lineup with my suggestions if they keep Gary and Torres, I’d move them but I doubt that happens.

1. Buxton CF
    2. Judge RF
    3. Freeman 1b
    4. Stanton DH
    5. DJ 3b
    6. Gallo LF
    7. Sanchez C
    8. Torres 2b
    9. Peraza SS
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

The Twins said earlier this season that they will not go past $75 million for Buxton and an extension.

The Yanks should think about trading for Buxton to play CF. He can hit, has speed and plays awesome defense in CF…

I’d trade Hicks to a team that needs a CFer and can afford the rest of the contract which is relatively cheap….

Then sign Freeman to a contract(5 yrs max)that he can’t refuse.

2022 lineup with my suggestions if they keep Gary and Torres, I’d move them but I doubt that happens.

1. Buxton CF
    2. Judge RF
    3. Freeman 1b
    4. Stanton DH
    5. DJ 3b
    6. Gallo LF
    7. Sanchez C
    8. Torres 2b
    9. Peraza SS
    Still only 2 lefties. I like Buxton but would shy away because of that. Both Peraza and Volpe are righties as well, so they need to find some balance.

Ignorance is bliss

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast