Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Broncos Regular season thread

wanted a new one.

Javonte has looked good so far and Teddy has found some open receivers. also a great 4th down conversion.

ugh need to score a td there though

not a good defensive drive there at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    ugh need to score a td there though
    btw this has been Teddy's achilles heel the past 3 years

wow thats close. what a horrible turnover if it is.

missed most of the 2nd half. looks like Juedy got hurt and will be out for a at least a month. I did see the game sealing run by Gordon though.

Really fun to be winning again!

Just caught some of the film. Man....Teddy B was phenomenal. I didn't care for preseason or any of the OTA reports....but from what I saw...there is absolutely no question WHY Teddy B is the starter....because no way in hell could Lock have mitigated through that type of consistent pressure Teddy was under.

That doesn't mean I'm "anti Lock" or anything...it just means that Teddy was really impressive. Boxscore aside...that man made PLAYS. That poise was incredible. He's got a nice little stiff arm too.

Defense is still gelling. If we can EVER get Chubb and Von together for an extended period of time....we should be cooking against anyone. I was a bit disappointed to see Agim was, yet again a gameday inactive. From reports...it really did seem like he was a breakout candidate of sorts...maybe this week.

Of course we had to have a major injury of sorts with Jeudy. 6-8 weeks is a good chunk...and hopefully he can return but that type of injury tends to linger.

Overall, quite pleased. Hard not to be. Keep it rolling boys.

Oh....and welcome back Von Miller!

the Giants last year had a fairly respectable defense(12 in total yards, 9th in points, 19th in DVOA) so its not a terrible showing. the plethora of options this team has on offense has to be top 5. it takes a massive hit without jeudy for a month or two, but we have 4 legit wr's, two good TE's, and two good backs. I wouldn't rate any of them as elite right now, but 4 of them have the potential to be elite(jeudy, fant, sutton, and Javonte). Teddy looks like he could be easily the best qb we have had since PFM.

defense held them under 300 yards passing, at 3 yards a carry, and to 7 points until they were running out the clock. defense was pretty good. also I still think that Fumble recovery was BS. you can't tell me he had full control before he was out of bounds.

some pretty huge concerns as well. two of our touchdowns came either on a 4th down or had a 4th down conversion in it. got to the redzone 5 times and only got 2 touchdowns(including the fumble, KJ also dropped a wide open TD pass as well). Daniel Jones got some wide open running lanes up middle for a quite a few first downs. I think in a few weeks we might look back and just realize that this Giants team is terrible.

Other Good news is that we now play the Jaguars who just got smoked by the Texans.

another thing on that fumble is that it was going to be reversed till the guy at New York said no. the other thing is that refs are basically going to rule something that looks like a fumble as a fumble so it can auto reviewed. the problem is that there is this arbitrary factor given to the ruling on the field which means that most super close fumbles like that will be kept cause its the ruling on the field. maybe they should have some kind of thing that they can review something just cause.

oof Muti just let Gotsis get right by him. some kind of mistake for sure.

I will say that the throw to sutton was really nice. also the run by Williams was pretty special. Broncos need him to be special to be worth the pick they used on him. also Kareem jackson made a tackle on a run that might have saved 20 yards or maybe even a td and as I type this he gets a pick. glad to have him back.

wow pretty pathetic kickoff coverage there.

Solid win. can't give up any return td's. apparently special teams had been a problem the whole camp and still hasn't been fixed. defense held trevor lawrence to 118 yards and a 42% completion rate. like 60-70 of those came in the first drive too. Teddy was pretty good. Sutton had a game that says he should be back. Two missed field goals completely changed the flow of this game. the Jaguars might be the worst team in the league this year so can't get too excited. at least until lawrence gets way better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast