Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    He sees MORE STRIKES. Sorry if you don't watch every AB in baseball like those confusing metrics do.

Harper and Tatis are having comparable offensive seasons. The Phillies and the Padres are almost neck and neck in offensive production. Stop with this nonsense that the Padres are running some kind of murderers row out there every night. The teams are 16th and 17th in wRC+.

And don't you believe bwar and bsr should count for something? Tatis has twice as many steals and has produced 10 runs above the average player on the paths. That's huge.

You basically should be arguing who's the best hitter in the NL.
    harper 2 for 2 with 2 doubles 2 rbi and 2 walks and we arent even in the 7th inning yet... They have pitched around him per usual all night and he missed a home run by 1 foot...

he now has 50 plus ops higher than tatis with limited help around him compared to tatis

edit- he just hit a 3 run bomb to make it 3-3 with 2 doubles/homerun 5 rbi and 2 walks and now a damn near 1060 ops.... MVP
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 09-16-2021 at 09:26 PM.

With 2 doubles, 2 walks and this homer, Bryce Harper is now slashing a totally normal

.314 / .429 / .628 for a League Leading OPS of 1.058 (!!) and a League Leading wRC+ of 175

Nobody has denied he's had an amazing offensive season. The point is that there's more to a baseball player and I'll bet you a site-ban he won't win MVP. Down?

Nobody has denied he's had an amazing offensive season. The point is that there's more to a baseball player and I'll bet you a site-ban he won't win MVP. Down?
    lol why would i want you to ban yourself? he is winning it but even if he doesnt id rather not lose more posters

Because I'm that confident I wouldn't lose

Because I'm that confident I wouldn't lose
    it doesnt matter its a lose lose for me lol. I win and we lose more members... i lose and you are right. If the phillies make the playoffs harper wins it easily period.

He will make HOF but he has no World Series rings to his name

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    it doesnt matter its a lose lose for me lol. I win and we lose more members... i lose and you are right. If the phillies make the playoffs harper wins it easily period.
    I do think if one makes the playoffs and the other doesn’t, whichever team wins the MVP will be selected from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I do think if one makes the playoffs and the other doesn’t, whichever team wins the MVP will be selected from them.
    The problem is it's probably going to go down to the last series and most votes will already be mailed by that point.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    The problem is it's probably going to go down to the last series and most votes will already be mailed by that point.
    Is that really how it works? I thought it wasn’t until the final game was played that votes get cast.

Definitely changes things then.
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Is that really how it works? I thought it wasn’t until the final game was played that votes get cast.

Definitely changes things then.
    Votes start getting mailed about a week before the year ends.

I can understand why. It's ultra rare for the last week to really make a difference. Such a small sample size and it removes recent bias.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    rosenthal just said on fox on the mets/phillies that he will decide between the 2 by which teams makes the playoffs because of how close they are... so i think unless voters have their minds already made up and dont care about playoffs then they will wait for the season to play out

I don't know who will win it, because I have little confidence in the voters choosing the right person, but it's unquestionably Harper in the NL.

And deciding it on who makes the playoffs continues to be a dumb factor to consider.

"`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

`Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    I don't know who will win it, because I have little confidence in the voters choosing the right person, but it's unquestionably Harper in the NL.

And deciding it on who makes the playoffs continues to be a dumb factor to consider.
    yea rosenthal on fox because phillies/mets were fox game of the week said he is gonna wait to see who makes the playoffs before they get his vote while ohtani is so far ahead in the al that vote is basically done and its not his fault his team isnt in the playoffs. I do hate the playoff factor ******** which cost trout several mvps tbh

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    yea rosenthal on fox because phillies/mets were fox game of the week said he is gonna wait to see who makes the playoffs before they get his vote while ohtani is so far ahead in the al that vote is basically done and its not his fault his team isnt in the playoffs. I do hate the playoff factor ******** which cost trout several mvps tbh
    Agreed. I don’t like votes being cast before the season concludes though either. I honestly didn’t know that. Not like a couple weeks is all that important but ever game of the regular season should count.

So now what for Rosenthal? Normally he’d cast the vote now but he’ll wait until end of season this one time because of playoff implications? Stupid.

So much stupid when it comes to reasons voters vote in all sports but extra stupid in baseball.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast