Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    That guy doesn't care about advanced numbers, you're wasting your time.

I think the bulk of voters will recognize where he stands in his particular era and 60 war has generally been accepted as the threshold, and he should pass that. That 10 war season is really propping him up though. But I'd vote for him if he maintains this level for another handful of years. Which should be probable.
    So way too early
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    ok, you are right. Five good years (who knows what could have been last year)
    was a title awarded last year? Did that count? How about mvp etc? Does last year count or not count? if it doesnt count how is there an mvp and a championship team?

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    was a title awarded last year? Did that count? How about mvp etc? Does last year count or not count? if it doesnt count how is there an mvp and a championship team?
    It totally counts. We just can't say he'd have been a 5 WAR player is all.

well an argument could be made if harper had the help around him tatis does which he doesnt... not even close. They literally give harper nothing to hit because our lineup is so bad. Not hard to hit home runs for these guys or knock in runs etc when teams have to actually pitch to ya. Our 2nd best player is a horribly struggelling realmuto who doesnt even have an 800 ops
    Zone%

Harper 39.8 (29th lowest)
    Tatis 37.8 (5th lowest)

Lineup protection is a myth

You think Ohtani has "protection"?
    Last edited by WOwolfOL; 09-14-2021 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    ok, you are right. Five good years (who knows what could have been last year)
    Well for the year it was a good year. Since everyone had the same conditions last season, I donít think itís fair to discount it. Sure he couldíve gotten hurt or slumped but considering that was the year everyone had, he had a statistically great year in comparison.

In the grand scheme of things, no one probably will look at that season as needing to be extrapolated since it is just one out of 15ish or so heíll play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Well for the year it was a good year. Since everyone had the same conditions last season, I donít think itís fair to discount it. Sure he couldíve gotten hurt or slumped but considering that was the year everyone had, he had a statistically great year in comparison.

In the grand scheme of things, no one probably will look at that season as needing to be extrapolated since it is just one out of 15ish or so heíll play.
    You are right. It was a great year for 60 games, but it's not the same as 162. That was my only point

Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    The guy was one of the most hyped players ever.

There are seasons where you think he lives up to his billing, but then you have seasons where he's hitting .243. (i'm aware batting avg isn't the best individual stat but it shows Harper's inconsistency year to year)

The guy can post seasons of 1.00 OPS and the have seasons where his OPS is around .780-.820.

His WAR one season can be close to 5, then the next season not even be at 2.

He's about close to finished half of his career and he probably has 5-6 seasons left of potentially Elite years left.
    He's more than half way to 500 even with effectively losing a season due to covid (everyone did) and he has about 40 career war (60 is around where hall of fame is)

Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    Keep in mind though his career batting numbers so far mirror Carlos Delgado's

Bryce

Avg .279 OBP .390 SLG .522 OPS .913

Delgado

Avg .280 OBP .383 SLG .546 OPS .929

Delgado isn't in the HOF

The simple truth is making the HOF in baseball is super hard, unlike the NBA.

If Bryce can raise his overall numbers of his Avg and OPS up to .290+ and .950+ and keep his OBP where it's at or better get it to .400 then he's probably in.

I'm not putting it past him to do this, I just think that's what he needs to do to get in imo.

Whether he does it is a different thing entirely as you have to account for the seasons at the end of his career, a down season or 2 along the way and the injury bug.

(Trout was the poster boy for consistency and health, then the last few years came)

If Bryce has another 2015 in him though it might be enough to push him in, regardless.
    Delgado was kind of a bad 1st basemen, (though I like him a lot, and funny enough I was reading an article about him earlier today)
    Bryce is a good OF.

Oh, LAST YEAR COUNTS!

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Oh, LAST YEAR COUNTS!

not even mad good **** lol

not even mad good **** lol
    not just that though tbh... he never won mvp... harper could win 2 and could have 500 plus home runs and 70 war plus... he also could be terrible and fall off a cliff...

that being said he should win his 2nd mvp this season. He is getting 0 help and the fact people think tatis should get the nod because playoffs is dumb... Tatis has the luxury of seeing pitches

https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...arpebr03.shtml

what are you looking at? he has had 6 good-great years of the 10 and is likely to win his 2nd mvp
    I don't think he wins MVP. I think it will be Tatis Jr, though a strong case could be made for Trea Turner or Muncy.

not just that though tbh... he never won mvp... harper could win 2 and could have 500 plus home runs and 70 war plus... he also could be terrible and fall off a cliff...

that being said he should win his 2nd mvp this season. He is getting 0 help and the fact people think tatis should get the nod because playoffs is dumb... Tatis has the luxury of seeing pitches
    Tatis is effectively carrying a squad that's falling apart to the post-season. That said if they miss the playoffs that certainly helps the argument for Bryce.

Look, I don't hate Bryce, and I don't think they're really is a standout guy this year, if Bryce wins it, I'll be fine with that.
    I've always liked Bryce, we're members of the same religious organization.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post

Last year was weird, I try not to draw any statiscal conclusions from it, like expecting someone to be good or bad because of that year.
    However, the games still happened, either way, they do statistically count.
    2020 was a weird season, there is no getting around that.

That said, I like Bryce, I always have.

Shut up with this ****. I already showed you that he sees 2% more pitches in the zone than Tatis but you ignored that entire post. These things are tracked, you know? Only 4 hitters see less pitches in the zone than Tatis, who's also possibly going to steal 30 bases while playing the most demanding position on the field.

TBH Harper will probably finish 3rd behind Burnes.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast