Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Pains me to say it but it should be Harper for MVP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the over under for career WAR for Harper? 80? I think that puts him in the HOF.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Agreed. I don’t like votes being cast before the season concludes though either. I honestly didn’t know that. Not like a couple weeks is all that important but ever game of the regular season should count.

So now what for Rosenthal? Normally he’d cast the vote now but he’ll wait until end of season this one time because of playoff implications? Stupid.

So much stupid when it comes to reasons voters vote in all sports but extra stupid in baseball.
    yup... basically he said he has the vote and he doesnt have a clue between tatis and harper and its all gonna come down to the final week and who makes it or doesnt.......

so i guess if neither make it he just throws a dart? lmfao... so ****ing stupid

So what happens if neither make it, Ken? It's quite possible.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    What's the over under for career WAR for Harper? 80? I think that puts him in the HOF.
    i would be shocked if he finishes above 90... 70-80 is likely... 60-70 wouldnt surprise me... If he plays like has been for months where he isnt trying to pull everything and hit 500 foot bombs then he can be magical... All in all he is going to be worth every penny with all these new deals and how over priced guys are.

The phillies need to take a massive run and KB from the giants... we need a legit 3rd baseman and he is harpers best friend... Our pitching staff is amazing after the trade and adding suarez to the rotation

wheeler
    nola
    gibson
    suarez
    eflin

that is a sick rotation esp if nola returns to form which is likely.... we need 3rd base and shortstop. We are getting nothing from those 2 positions.

i dont even know what to do about the bull pen. We could have MO as our closer and somehow we blow 30 saves a year lol

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    So what happens if neither make it, Ken? It's quite possible.
    see me post before you... deadass the logic is ****ing horrid on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i would be shocked if he finishes above 90... 70-80 is likely... 60-70 wouldnt surprise me... If he plays like has been for months where he isnt trying to pull everything and hit 500 foot bombs then he can be magical... All in all he is going to be worth every penny with all these new deals and how over priced guys are.

The phillies need to take a massive run and KB from the giants... we need a legit 3rd baseman and he is harpers best friend... Our pitching staff is amazing after the trade and adding suarez to the rotation

wheeler
    nola
    gibson
    suarez
    eflin

that is a sick rotation esp if nola returns to form which is likely.... we need 3rd base and shortstop. We are getting nothing from those 2 positions.

i dont even know what to do about the bull pen. We could have MO as our closer and somehow we blow 30 saves a year lol
    Just get a bunch of guys who can throw triple digits and ride them until they can't.

80 definitely should. The bWAR of an averge Hof RFer is 72.1, so 80 should put him in easily.

The problem is he's in his age 28 season and has 39.7. His 7-year peak is 35.3, when it's 42.5 for the average HoF RFer.

So much of it is just going to be about how he ages. If he can keep his production up he has a shot. If he ages poorly, he's probably closer to the Hall of Very Good.

"`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

`Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

lol in trouts 3 seasons where he was the runner up for mvp he accumulated 30 war...... which is 75 percent of harpers for his career lol... trout is a ****ing god

lol in trouts 3 seasons where he was the runner up for mvp he accumulated 30 war...... which is 75 percent of harpers for his career lol... trout is a ****ing god
    So many people don't realize the degree to which he exists on a whole other level. Ohtani has had to have a great season at the plate and pitch like 120 innings just to fall about 3 WAR short of Trout's rookie year.

"`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

`Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

rosenthal just said on fox on the mets/phillies that he will decide between the 2 by which teams makes the playoffs because of how close they are... so i think unless voters have their minds already made up and dont care about playoffs then they will wait for the season to play out
    I'm not saying there won't be any, but most will already be in.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

80 is Hall of Fame. I would take the under.

it doesnt matter its a lose lose for me lol. I win and we lose more members... i lose and you are right. If the phillies make the playoffs harper wins it easily period.
    The last part I agree with if the Phillies can grab a WC, even if they get destroyed in that game Harper likely wins MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    The last part I agree with if the Phillies can grab a WC, even if they get destroyed in that game Harper likely wins MVP.
    All votes must be post marked prior to playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    80 definitely should. The bWAR of an averge Hof RFer is 72.1, so 80 should put him in easily.

The problem is he's in his age 28 season and has 39.7. His 7-year peak is 35.3, when it's 42.5 for the average HoF RFer.

So much of it is just going to be about how he ages. If he can keep his production up he has a shot. If he ages poorly, he's probably closer to the Hall of Very Good.
    He could very well be starting his 7 year peak right now. If he plays another ten years, 60 WAR is very easily attainable for him, and while that doesn't make him guaranteed, it puts him close. I like his odds of getting in.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast