Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Will Bryce Harper make the HOF?

The guy was one of the most hyped players ever.

There are seasons where you think he lives up to his billing, but then you have seasons where he's hitting .243. (i'm aware batting avg isn't the best individual stat but it shows Harper's inconsistency year to year)

The guy can post seasons of 1.00 OPS and the have seasons where his OPS is around .780-.820.

His WAR one season can be close to 5, then the next season not even be at 2.

He's about close to finished half of his career and he probably has 5-6 seasons left of potentially Elite years left.
    Until they prove the fans wrong again

Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    The guy was one of the most hyped players ever.

There are seasons where you think he lives up to his billing, but then you have seasons where he's hitting .243. (i'm aware batting avg isn't the best individual stat but it shows Harper's inconsistency year to year)

The guy can post seasons of 1.00 OPS and the have seasons where his OPS is around .780-.820.

His WAR one season can be close to 5, then the next season not even be at 2.

He's about close to finished half of his career and he probably has 5-6 seasons left of potentially Elite years left.
    He's been at 900-1000 for the past five seasons. Had an above 800 , then a 1100

He's going to be a hall of famer for sure. 912 career ops

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

His Ďbad seasonsí were injury riddled seasons where he missed almost 2 months of the season each time.

He had one truly mediocre full season while the other ones heís hitting near .900OPS hovering at the 4 WAR.

He continues around the 2019 season for the next 5ish years, heís a lock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Health willing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WAY WAY too early to say
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    WAY WAY too early to say
    hes been in the league 10 years lol

hes likely going to finish with a war of 70 plus and 500 plus home runs with a 900 ops... he will make the hof

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post

hes likely going to finish with a war of 70 plus and 500 plus home runs with a 900 ops... he will make the hof
    Keep in mind though his career batting numbers so far mirror Carlos Delgado's

Bryce

Avg .279 OBP .390 SLG .522 OPS .913

Delgado

Avg .280 OBP .383 SLG .546 OPS .929

Delgado isn't in the HOF

The simple truth is making the HOF in baseball is super hard, unlike the NBA.

If Bryce can raise his overall numbers of his Avg and OPS up to .290+ and .950+ and keep his OBP where it's at or better get it to .400 then he's probably in.

I'm not putting it past him to do this, I just think that's what he needs to do to get in imo.

Whether he does it is a different thing entirely as you have to account for the seasons at the end of his career, a down season or 2 along the way and the injury bug.

(Trout was the poster boy for consistency and health, then the last few years came)

If Bryce has another 2015 in him though it might be enough to push him in, regardless.
    Until they prove the fans wrong again

That is assuming quite a lot. He's had four good years. Need more to be in the Hall.

Will Bryce Harper make the HOF?

WAY WAY too early to say
    Donít think itís way way. One way would suffice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

That is assuming quite a lot. He's had four good years. Need more to be in the Hall.
    https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...arpebr03.shtml

what are you looking at? he has had 6 good-great years of the 10 and is likely to win his 2nd mvp

That guy doesn't care about advanced numbers, you're wasting your time.

I think the bulk of voters will recognize where he stands in his particular era and 60 war has generally been accepted as the threshold, and he should pass that. That 10 war season is really propping him up though. But I'd vote for him if he maintains this level for another handful of years. Which should be probable.

what are you looking at? he has had 6 good-great years of the 10 and is likely to win his 2nd mvp
    I think you take it too far as usual. It is certainly not likely he wins the MVP this year. Tatis has a healthy lead in bwar and is almost neck and neck in fwar. He is going to post a 40-30 season, which is very rare. And this is while he will probably play 130 games and possibly put his team in the playoffs.

Tatis would certainly have my vote at this point. He has not been good defensively but he plays an infinitely tougher position, and when he played OF he was pretty decent. Safe to say that if he played OF all year he'd have a significantly better dwar and would be far ahead of Harper in fwar despite playing 15 less games.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I think you take it too far as usual. It is certainly not likely he wins the MVP this year. Tatis has a healthy lead in bwar and is almost neck and neck in fwar. He is going to post a 40-30 season, which is very rare. And this is while he will probably play 130 games and possibly put his team in the playoffs.

Tatis would certainly have my vote at this point. He has not been good defensively but he plays an infinitely tougher position, and when he played OF he was pretty decent. Safe to say that if he played OF all year he'd have a significantly better dwar and would be far ahead of Harper in fwar despite playing 15 less games.
    well an argument could be made if harper had the help around him tatis does which he doesnt... not even close. They literally give harper nothing to hit because our lineup is so bad. Not hard to hit home runs for these guys or knock in runs etc when teams have to actually pitch to ya. Our 2nd best player is a horribly struggelling realmuto who doesnt even have an 800 ops

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Donít think itís way way. One way would suffice.
    how about way wa....

ok, you are right. Five good years (who knows what could have been last year)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast