Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Why Yankees could dismiss Brian Cashman and Aaron Boone after 2021 season

Why Yankees could dismiss Brian Cashman and Aaron Boone after 2021 season
    by Sheldon Kamieniecki 2 minutes ago

If the Yankees arenít playing October baseball, should owner Hal Steinbrenner fire Cashman, not retrain Boone, or both? Letís analyze their records and determine whether Cashman, Boone, or both should be dismissed after the 2021 season is over if it comes to this.

https://yanksgoyard.com/2021/09/12/y...r-2021-season/

I would be very surprised if they didn't fire Boone if the miss the playoffs or lose the WC game. Everything the saidd he lacks as a manager, he does. This team doesn't play hard for him, he doesn't utilize anals like he should and he has very little feel for the game as a manager and is a piss poor leader, IMO

All the regular season winning was in spite of Boone, not because of him. He's terrible at managing the rotation and BP and rarely seems to make the right call during a game.

Next yr is likely the last with this core they have assembled and Boone hasn't gotten them even as close as Girardi did, with far less talent. We haven't been very good, at least as good as expected, the last 2yrs. IMO, Boone has completely lost the clubhouse and if they want any chance at winning next yr, they need someone new.

I'd be very happy if Cash went also but I'm really not sure Hal would let him go. IMO our best chance of that happening is if they bumped Cashman up and cleared the way for someone new. I'm not sure who is out there, that is available but i agree they should be looking if they miss the playoffs.

I don't think Cashman does a great job, that said i'm not sure how easy it is to find someone who is guaranteed to be better.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Create an atmosphere for winning and a winning mindset. Boone is unable to balance empathy and support with occasional strong discipline. Boone is too accommodating and is not tough enough on his players.

Instill inspiration, motivation, and confidence in his players. The fielding and hitting problems players are still experiencing should have been dealt with during spring training and at the beginning of the season.

Those are the crux of it for me. I can deal with mistakes but the sheer inability to motivate, educate and discipline his players is inexcusable

The only question I have in that article is his comment about fans who support Boone. Where are they?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Create an atmosphere for winning and a winning mindset. Boone is unable to balance empathy and support with occasional strong discipline. Boone is too accommodating and is not tough enough on his players.

Instill inspiration, motivation, and confidence in his players. The fielding and hitting problems players are still experiencing should have been dealt with during spring training and at the beginning of the season.

Those are the crux of it for me. I can deal with mistakes but the sheer inability to motivate, educate and discipline his players is inexcusable

The only question I have in that article is his comment about fans who support Boone. Where are they?
    or who are they? i don't know a single Yanks fan that is happy with the job Boone has done since he's taken over......he's gotta go unless they win the WS and the chance of that aren't strong

At this point, Boone should be a dead man walking. I have no hard feelings for the guy, but he is a terrible manager. He should be given a year off and then, they can bring him back as a member of YES, if need be. Sportscasting is the last job he did with competence, since he is a good talker. These are often the results you get when you hire an inexperienced good talker and try to give him experience on the job, instead of a more knowledgable and competent option.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    At this point, Boone should be a dead man walking. I have no hard feelings for the guy, but he is a terrible manager. He should be given a year off and then, they can bring him back as a member of YES, if need be. Sportscasting is the last job he did with competence, since he is a good talker. These are often the results you get when you hire an inexperienced good talker and try to give him experience on the job, instead of a more knowledgable and competent option.
    I completely agree. He's a "great Communicator" we were told. It's a "young team" we were told. Girardi had issues "communicating" with the younger guys and favored the vets, we were told.

Well...it seems in the final analysis the great communicator might talk the talk but certainly failed to walk the walk.

The irony is his first two years he won 200+ games, despite record injuries. Was it luck? Did the players ALL quit on him this season? That is what I find most confusing and hard to reconcile. Were they that good, even with all the injuries, they won despite his incompetence?

Regardless, he needs to go. He lost this team a very long time ago. He can no longer motivate or inspire.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    or who are they? i don't know a single Yanks fan that is happy with the job Boone has done since he's taken over......he's gotta go unless they win the WS and the chance of that aren't strong

I think Bone is gone as he should be, but not Cash.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    I think Bone is gone as he should be, but not Cash.
    Just my opinion, I would have no problem if they let Cash go, but i think its highly unlikely that Hal will actually do it.

I will be surprise if they do anything more than fire Boone after this season. , regardless of how it ends . I donít even expect much to happen to the roster either

I think you should expect to see both back next year. First, Cash ain't going anywhere until he wants to. Second, I think the front office loves Boone and he is doing exactly as they wish.

That is just my read on the situation.

My opinion is that Cashman is excellent, and Boone is fine but not great.

This year has been abysmal except this weekend and the one hot streak. At some point, you have to look at the talent on the field and expect more.
    Time to double down on the 'Spects!

LL!!!!!!!!!!!, hey buddy, glad to see you around.

What up Day! Been a while, but last nights game was fun, so I thought I'd pop in.
    Time to double down on the 'Spects!

Quote Originally Posted by Laying Low View Post
    What up Day! Been a while, but last nights game was fun, so I thought I'd pop in.
    The last few night were amazing, all the big stars showed up to bury Boston, at least for this series.. If we face Boston in the WC game, were going to have a big mental advantage, IMO.

U better stick around if we make the playoffs, we need all the positive vibes we can get. Glad you stopped by, make sure to check out the spec thread.. It was an amazing yr on the farm, we even have Doc and Clown excited about the specs!!!!!!!

Boone can't help but to step on his own Dick at times... First.. Girardi not dealing with younger players... wait... didn't he win manager of the year in florida the year prior to being a Yankee manager for that very trait.... So whoever said that was just reaching for BS for a reason to move on...

Aaron's biggest problem is that he wants to rest everybody... let take a player who is so bleepin hot that you can't video him, as he's shining as bright as the sun... let' rest him... and suddenly that hot player is as cold as liquid nitrogen... Last I knew.. you play the hot hands and rest them when the cool off... not rest them and cool them off.. you bleepin idiot... so how many times do we have to lose because you best bullpen options are not available because you're resting them?

Aaron Boone should not be Fired... HUNG is more like it... Burned in Effigy... (or even at the stake)... Brian has brought loaded staff.. the pitching staff is actually near the top of the league (WTF? How did that happen?) Brian has given boone the players he needs.. and aaron still can't win... Joe used to take a team of guys who need to be held together with chewing gum and bailing wire and somehow have a winning season and contend for the playoffs... Aaron.. has the reigning HR king, AVG king... and great young SS .. and what do we have to show for it.. yes Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton.. that new strength and fitness team have kept that pair on the field and we are being rewarded for it... but the IF, the strength of this team last year.. has been the bane of this time this year... Thanks Aaron Boone... now... Go away... FAR AWAY... I'm thinking outer space without a suit thankyou...

Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    Boone can't help but to step on his own Dick at times... First.. Girardi not dealing with younger players... wait... didn't he win manager of the year in florida the year prior to being a Yankee manager for that very trait.... So whoever said that was just reaching for BS for a reason to move on...

Aaron's biggest problem is that he wants to rest everybody... let take a player who is so bleepin hot that you can't video him, as he's shining as bright as the sun... let' rest him... and suddenly that hot player is as cold as liquid nitrogen... Last I knew.. you play the hot hands and rest them when the cool off... not rest them and cool them off.. you bleepin idiot... so how many times do we have to lose because you best bullpen options are not available because you're resting them?

Aaron Boone should not be Fired... HUNG is more like it... Burned in Effigy... (or even at the stake)... Brian has brought loaded staff.. the pitching staff is actually near the top of the league (WTF? How did that happen?) Brian has given boone the players he needs.. and aaron still can't win... Joe used to take a team of guys who need to be held together with chewing gum and bailing wire and somehow have a winning season and contend for the playoffs... Aaron.. has the reigning HR king, AVG king... and great young SS .. and what do we have to show for it.. yes Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton.. that new strength and fitness team have kept that pair on the field and we are being rewarded for it... but the IF, the strength of this team last year.. has been the bane of this time this year... Thanks Aaron Boone... now... Go away... FAR AWAY... I'm thinking outer space without a suit thankyou...
    Booneís biggest problem is that he takes orders from the front office .

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast