Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 176 of 230 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 3445
  1. #2626
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    97,466
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    I see your point but in all honesty I wanted the number one seed. You canít lose in the first round if your not playing. Plus itís an added rest.
    Itís not the end of the world though.
    You guys should make a decent wildcard team.

  2. #2627
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    7,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I might be alone here but I didnít want the Cowboys to get the #1 seed. How often does the #1 seed actually win the SB? Personally I think taking a week off kind of hurts your teams rhythm. Iíd rather the Cowboys have to play in the 1st round.
    Yeah. Itíd have to be like an all time great NFL team to dominate in the regular season, get the #1 seed, and run the table in the playoffs.. Not everyone is capable of doing that.. Man, I wonder who the last team was that did that?


  3. #2628
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,687

    2021 NFCE Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    You guys should make a decent wildcard team.
    Yea now that the Giants fired Garrett I could see them going on a run too.

  4. #2629
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    7,153
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Do you realize you asked this to an Eagles fan?

  5. #2630
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    97,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Yea now that the Giants fired Garrett I could see them going on a run too.
    Lol, sure.

  6. #2631
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,687
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Yeah. Itíd have to be like an all time great NFL team to dominate in the regular season, get the #1 seed, and run the table in the playoffs.. Not everyone is capable of doing that.. Man, I wonder who the last team was that did that?

    Never said it hasnít been done. Just asking how often does the #1 win it all? Being the #1 seed doesnít guarantee anything.

  7. #2632
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    7,153
    Iím glad the cowboys lost, donít get me wrong, but I do not think that shoulda been a PI at the end there. I understand he had like 3-4 in this game and I donít know about those, but I donít think the last one shoulda been called

  8. #2633
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    7,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Never said it hasnít been done. Just asking how often does the #1 win it all? Being the #1 seed doesnít guarantee anything.
    I know. Iím jus messing wit ya. I just love talking about the eagles super bowl is all

  9. #2634
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,687
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Iím glad the cowboys lost, donít get me wrong, but I do not think that shoulda been a PI at the end there. I understand he had like 3-4 in this game and I donít know about those, but I donít think the last one shoulda been called
    If he turns his head to look at the ball itís not considered PI however because he didnít look back it is PI. Doesnít matter that heís in the same exact position regardless. Makes no sense.

    This game wasnít lost because of the refís though. They still had too many drops. They didnít run Pollard enough down the stretch. Needed to get more pressure on Carr. There are a lot of reasons they lost this game besides the refís.

  10. #2635
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    7,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    If he turns his head to look at the ball itís not considered PI however because he didnít look back it is PI. Doesnít matter that heís in the same exact position regardless. Makes no sense.

    This game wasnít lost because of the refís though. They still had too many drops. They didnít run Pollard enough down the stretch. Needed to get more pressure on Carr. There are a lot of reasons they lost this game besides the refís.
    Oh Iím not blaming the refs for the loss, but I still think that particular play was a bad call. If thatís in the actual rule book that you have to turn your head towards the ball, then I think itís dumb.. If you turn your head towards the ball then you might lose the defender unless you keep a hand on him. Some refs allow the hand as long as thereís no grabbing but some are trigger happy and will throw a flag so honestly seems like a lose lose situation. I think that shoulda been a no call.

  11. #2636
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,207
    Man Pollard looked good, made Zeke look bad. I wonder if Zeke gets cut this off season?

  12. #2637
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,687

    2021 NFCE Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    Man Pollard looked good, made Zeke look bad. I wonder if Zeke gets cut this off season?
    Zeke and Pollard will definitely be on roster for at least 1 more season. Zeke has a dead cap number of $30M if they cut him prior to 2023. In the off season of 2023 though his dead cap number drops to $12M. Thatís the same off season Tony Pollard is a FA. I could see them cutting Zeke and resigning Pollard, while also drafting another RB in the middle rounds to be the compliment to Pollard.

    Or they could replace both of them by then.

  13. #2638
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    22,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I might be alone here but I didnít want the Cowboys to get the #1 seed. How often does the #1 seed actually win the SB? Personally I think taking a week off kind of hurts your teams rhythm. Iíd rather the Cowboys have to play in the 1st round.
    Pretty frequently actually. 2017 Eagles, 2016 Patriots, 2015 Broncos, 2014 Patriots, 2013 Seahawks, ... Usually a #1 or #2 seed wins it, so teams that used to have byes. Something like last season with a wildcard team winning it is rather rare.

  14. #2639
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,687
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Pretty frequently actually. 2017 Eagles, 2016 Patriots, 2015 Broncos, 2014 Patriots, 2013 Seahawks, ... Usually a #1 or #2 seed wins it, so teams that used to have byes. Something like last season with a wildcard team winning it is rather rare.
    Maybe I think that because the Cowboys have had the #1 seed going into the playoffs 4 times since Iíve been a fan. They won the Super Bowl twice in the 90ís and have been 1 and done the other two time (Ď07, Ď16). So maybe itís just the Cowboys that I would rather play in the first regardless of what the all time record is.

  15. #2640
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    7,153
    If my team was in the running for the #1 seed Iíd want it for sure. In fact, if the eagles didnít get the #1 seed in 2017 I donít know if they even make the super bowl.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •