Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I said the Eagles were trying to. Personally I still think they finish 2nd in the NFC East.
    Well, I guess they didnít try hard enough on Sunday when they murdered Atlanta.

Thing is I think people are just reacting to how Atlanta played on Sunday. They got a savage beat down by a team that most people think are gonna be a bottom 5-10 team in the league. Because of this people are just naturally thinking, ďwell Atlanta must really suck then if a sucky team like Philly kills themĒ. Reality is before the game I think most people thought Atlanta would be anywhere from 6-9 wins this year. So MAYBE philly is just the team everybody is underratingÖ?

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Thing is I think people are just reacting to how Atlanta played on Sunday. They got a savage beat down by a team that most people think are gonna be a bottom 5-10 team in the league. Because of this people are just naturally thinking, ďwell Atlanta must really suck then if a sucky team like Philly kills themĒ. Reality is before the game I think most people thought Atlanta would be anywhere from 6-9 wins this year. So MAYBE philly is just the team everybody is underratingÖ?
    Well I think they were tanking from the very first game to replace Ryan with a franchise QB for next season cause he had a QBR like under 20 against our defense? Lol I don't get it but they may have wanted one of those 3 QB already taken before they selected but also like Kyle Pitts enough to take him that high with all the hype surrounding how great he was even as a TE.

Anyways, our matchup next week against the 49ers will give us a better outlook of where our team is at. I like to see how we will prepare against their stong running game and whether we could duplicate what the Lions did on offense as they put up 33 points against them which was surprising to me. If we can put up 30+ against one of the better defenses, it will say alot more of where we are at then against Atlanta whether they were tanking or not.

The falcons are one of the worst 5-6 teams in the league that said eagles still deserve credit for a very good performance in week 1. I thought they were going to finish last in the East but after watching my giants they might fair better than I thought.

I donít expect Garrett to make the season as OC unless something changes dramatically. Jones is bad but the play calling is also bad and Jones isnít getting fired mid season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think anyone had the falcons as a borderline playoff team. You can make Phillys win try to seem like it was something other than beating up on a **** team but it will not be true.

The eagles do deserve some credit since most people thought they would suck as bad as the falcons but nothing more than that.

Your team dominated a bad team that will probably be picking in the top 5 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    I don't think anyone had the falcons as a borderline playoff team. You can make Phillys win try to seem like it was something other than beating up on a **** team but it will not be true.

The eagles do deserve some credit since most people thought they would suck as bad as the falcons but nothing more than that.

Your team dominated a bad team that will probably be picking in the top 5 again.
    But I think thatís the point. Most were saying the Eagles were going to be a bottom 5ish team and thought the Falcons would at least be better.

A supposed bottom 5 team dominating a team letís say in the bottom 10 isnít earth shattering but it still says that bottom 5 team isnít as bad as was thought.

Even if we now think Atlanta is the worst team in football, you normally donít see other bad teams destroy teams supposedly not much worse than them.

Now watch, Eagles probably donít win another game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    But I think thatís the point. Most were saying the Eagles were going to be a bottom 5ish team and thought the Falcons would at least be better.

A supposed bottom 5 team dominating a team letís say in the bottom 10 isnít earth shattering but it still says that bottom 5 team isnít as bad as was thought.

Even if we now think Atlanta is the worst team in football, you normally donít see other bad teams destroy teams supposedly not much worse than them.

Now watch, Eagles probably donít win another game.
    I think people are saying that the eagles win is kind of the same as the Texans win.
    If I was an eagles fan I would be quite happy with the win though. Itís hard to dominate a game on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    I think people are saying that the eagles win is kind of the same as the Texans win.
    If I was an eagles fan I would be quite happy with the win though. Itís hard to dominate a game on the road.
    Texans didnít really dominate like the Eagles did and Jax was pretty much the unanimous projected worst team in football going into 2021.

Point remains though. I dont think itís a huuuge deal but itís definitely something of note considering how bad the Eagles supposedly were to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Texans didnít really dominate like the Eagles did and Jax was pretty much the unanimous projected worst team in football going into 2021.

Point remains though. I dont think itís a huuuge deal but itís definitely something of note considering how bad the Eagles supposedly were to be.
    It's more about what the defense did against a team that should be able to move the ball in the air. Philly's biggest question mark, IMO, was the secondary, even mores than Hurts. We had seen what Hurts was capable of with a healthy/competent surrounding cast.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    But the Jags with a rookie QB making his first start aren't the same as the Falcons with a veteran QB.

I will say that the Eagles were a complete unknown schematically because the coaching staff is new and showed nothing in preseason. So there will probably be some adjustment to that.

Though Hurts didn't do anything new that he wasn't doing last year; it's just the team around him is better and he wasn't turning the ball over. (The stat makers actually gave him a phantom fumble on a low shotgun snap that didn't affect the play at all, but this isn't new either.)

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    What if the player and coach disagree on what the player does well?

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    The falcons are one of the worst 5-6 teams in the league that said eagles still deserve credit for a very good performance in week 1. I thought they were going to finish last in the East but after watching my giants they might fair better than I thought.

I donít expect Garrett to make the season as OC unless something changes dramatically. Jones is bad but the play calling is also bad and Jones isnít getting fired mid season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you always jump to conclusions after 1 game against a team on paper is much better than the Giants this season or in that crowd that thinks Teddy is so bad (as some claims) that he could single handledly eliminate a team from contending? Don't fool yourself cause the Broncos are the real deal this season and will make alot of teams look bad.

Btw, who is this Jones or did you meant Judge isn't getting fired by mid season as I don't think that much of him as a HC.
    Last edited by cattusmaru; 09-15-2021 at 01:16 PM.

I donít think anybody is saying ďlook at the eagles, they are contenders nowĒ based on what happened week 1. But Iíve been saying this for a while now, people are underrating the eagles. Most had them as a bottom 5ish team, I just donít see that. Now are they a playoff team? Maybe, maybe not. This division isnít very good so anything can happen but I will be surprised if they get 10+ wins. Iíll also be surprised if they get under 5 wins. Probably somewhere in the middle is where they end up.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    What if the player and coach disagree on what the player does well?
    Guess they need to figure out out.

Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast