Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Well he hasnít really pushed the ball down field a whole lot yet. Most of his passes or at least the completions have like 0-10 air yards, quick pitch and run after catch kinda throws. Which thereís nothing wrong with that, I think thatís a very effective way of playing football, but itís just different than last year when he was airing it out a lot more. Is it the shoulder? Maybe. Or maybe MM doesnít trust dak yet? I donít know.
    Or they were behind more last year . Is there a difference between throwing the ball as hard as you can to a short range target and throwing a ball as hard as you can to a long range target? . The big difference is where you release the ball in fact you would think throwing on the run puts more stress on the shoulder . These guys make 50 yard passes look effortless if they are just dropping back .

With all that being said I would not exactly say Iím worry free regarding the shoulder either Ö lol.. he is putting zip on the ball is all Iím saying . It may hurt him to do that as well . That we wonít know till after the season most likely

James Franklin claiming Parsons is so gifted had he played last year he had intentions to use him as a kickoff returner. Apparently Parsons has been in the Cowboys coaches ears to do the same in the NFL . That would be the dumbest move of the NFL season in my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Me either. People are throwing **** at the wall and seeing if it sticks with Dak and his shoulder lol
    Iím not saying itís an issue but Iím not saying itís a non issue either

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Micah Parsons, highest ceiling in NFL history. You heard it here first.
    Lawrence Taylor wishes his prime was even half as good as Micah parsons ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Or they were behind more last year . Is there a difference between throwing the ball as hard as you can to a short range target and throwing a ball as hard as you can to a long range target? . The big difference is where you release the ball in fact you would think throwing on the run puts more stress on the shoulder . These guys make 50 yard passes look effortless if they are just dropping back .

With all that being said I would not exactly say Iím worry free regarding the shoulder either Ö lol.. he is putting zip on the ball is all Iím saying . It may hurt him to do that as well . That we wonít know till after the season most likely
    Agreed

James Franklin claiming Parsons is so gifted had he played last year he had intentions to use him as a kickoff returner. Apparently Parsons has been in the Cowboys coaches ears to do the same in the NFL . That would be the dumbest move of the NFL season in my opinion .
    Yeah, why put Lawrence Taylor in his prime at kick returner? Amma right?

Yea definitely do not want him used as a kick returner. Iím hoping heís used more as a spy on Hurts in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Yea definitely do not want him used as a kick returner. Iím hoping heís used more as a spy on Hurts in this game.
    I sincerely think that is where heíd be most effective against the eagles. Just keep an eye on hurts to make sure he doesnít use his legs as much. Obviously bring him in as a pass rusher in certain situations but Iíd have someone else spy hurts on those plays

I sincerely think that is where heíd be most effective against the eagles. Just keep an eye on hurts to make sure he doesnít use his legs as much. Obviously bring him in as a pass rusher in certain situations but Iíd have someone else spy hurts on those plays
    17 rush attempts per game for Hurts so far, definitely gotta keep an eye on him and I don't think Smith has the speed to be a spy for Hurts.

From Bob Sturm's breakdown on the Cowboys defense against the Chargers on The Athletic:

Yes, the Cowboys have shown signs this season that the defense is much improved ó they lead the NFL in takeaways through two weeks. Other signs indicate the defense is not much improved at all. The Cowboys may not need a punt return team this season given that the only punt they saw on Sunday was canceled out with a roughing the punter personal foul. In other words, takeaways have been their only stops.
    The last line is particularly troubling: The Cowboys haven't gotten a stop this year aside from a takeaway. Has the defense improved? Probably, but a lot of that is takeaways and some of those have been complete luck so it's hard to say how much improvement.

They need to get stops. They had many 3rd and 10+ situations against the Chargers that they allowed them to convert. That's not good defense.

17 rush attempts per game for Hurts so far, definitely gotta keep an eye on him and I don't think Smith has the speed to be a spy for Hurts.
    Well, 17 rush attempts total in two games. I think the way to beat him is to force him to throw a lot and make him throw to the middle of the field. Also, as was said earlier, put an athletic man out there as a spy to limit his running ability.

From Bob Sturm's breakdown on the Cowboys defense against the Chargers on The Athletic:

The last line is particularly troubling: The Cowboys haven't gotten a stop this year aside from a takeaway. Has the defense improved? Probably, but a lot of that is takeaways and some of those have been complete luck so it's hard to say how much improvement.

They need to get stops. They had many 3rd and 10+ situations against the Chargers that they allowed them to convert. That's not good defense.
    I mean, I donít think they are a good defense yet but I do think they are improved. They were pretty ****in bad last year. Bottom 3 defense last year maybe bottom 10 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by mamba42 View Post
    17 rush attempts per game for hurts so far, definitely gotta keep an eye on him and i don't think smith has the speed to be a spy for hurts.
    rb2

Your math is no good.

I mean, I donít think they are a good defense yet but I do think they are improved. They were pretty ****in bad last year. Bottom 3 defense last year maybe bottom 10 this year.
    And that was after improving down the stretch. Prior to that they were on a historically bad pace.

Page 37 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast