Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    Doesn't get more impressive than that from QB1. What a great win to start the season.
    Your boy gainwell did nice too! RB2

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I donít understand this take on the defense.

Iím more excited about the defense yesterday than I am the offense (and Iím excited about both)

The Eagles defense after the first two drives shut down Matt Ryan, Calvin Ridley, Kyle Pitts. 3 top 10 players at their position. They also swallowed up the run.

Atlanta has one of the better offenses in the league and the Eagles kept them to 6 points.

Matt Ryan lead Falcons have been shut out once in his career. Matt Ryan lead Falcons have not score less than 7 points any other game. (2 points only in a post season loss)

Iím not a big Ryan fan and now heís later in his career but this was one of the worst offensive performances ATL has had in his career.

Eagles D dominated.
    100% agreed. And sirianni is getting a lotta praise after week 1 but I think Gannon should get just as much praise if not more. Atlanta was moving at will against the eagles the first 2 drives until the red zone.

Gannon made some adjustments and then Atlanta couldnít do much at all the rest of the game. That is what a good veteran defensive coordinator would do, not what a 38 year old defensive coordinator in his very first game would do. Iím extremely excited to have him specifically and Iím also excited about what this defense might be capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Defenses are going to start playing him different. He looked bad last year against Washington. Was it the gameplan or did Washington just figure out hurts weakness? Washington will be a very interesting game for me. Itís very possible that pederson had a **** gameplan since he mighta already knew he was on his way out the door. So question is will Jalen do better against them and other aggressive defenses with a better gameplan? We will see.

But I agree. The overall perception of him is a bit odd. Everybody thinks heís the worst QB in the league for whatever reason and I donít think heís done anything to be looked at as that. Yes, as I just stated, he struggled against Washington but Washington has an elite defense. It shouldnít be unusual in a rookies 4th career start to struggle against an elite defense.
    Heís also with a different staff now.

I think weíre going to see similar things as we did to the beginning of the Pederson/Wentz era. The staff and players are the reason for success and not really any super star taking a team on his back.

Weíre probably going to see the same pillage of the coaches too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Your boy gainwell did nice too! RB2
    Kenny G is a DOG. Should have had 2 TDs!

#24ever

I think weíre going to see similar things as we did to the beginning of the Pederson/Wentz era. The staff and players are the reason for success and not really any super star taking a team on his back.

Yep. Doug didn't do his players any favors when it came to playing to their strengths. Sirianni (at least in this game) does.

#24ever

Yay we won.

Right. Iím gonna try to not get too excited about sirianni but I just think heís more dedicated to the team than Doug pederson was. Sirianni chews out players, Doug never did that. Sirianni is also out there jumping up and down with his guys, has customized hand shakes with players, and the way he talks it just sounds like he loves what he does. Pederson just always sounded like it was a job to him. Also, Iím not sure Iíve seen Doug pederson chew out a defensive player. Sirianni was doing a lot of that at the beginning of the game.

Call me crazy but my first impressions of sirianni are higher than Doug pederson. Cash me outsiii how bout dat

Kenny G is a DOG. Should have had 2 TDs!
    I said the same thing. He had that TD grab but LJ went way down field. But yeah, kid was the RB2 this game and definitely showed up in my opinion. He might be the Darren sproles clone that howie has been looking for since like 2015

Yep. Doug didn't do his players any favors when it came to playing to their strengths. Sirianni (at least in this game) does.
    Yep. And it seems Gannon is like that too on defense.

the Eagles will get national attention if they beat SF.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    the Eagles will get national attention if they beat SF.
    AND Eagles fans will go crazy.

But like I said Eagles plus money this week was easy money.

Call it a hot take but Kyler Murray and Hurts are the same players. I've watched Murray a lot the last 2 years and they both are pretty much the same players. Murray is just faster
    Last edited by Eagles4Lyfe; 09-14-2021 at 07:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Week 1 IGT - Eagles @ Falcons

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    But like I said Eagles plus money this week was easy money.

Call it a hot take but Kyler Murray and Hurts are the same players. I've watched Murray a lot the last 2 years and they both are pretty much the same players. Murray is just faster
    Random fact but I was just looking at both kyler Murray and Jalen hurts and I noticed hurts is exactly 1 year younger than Murray. They have the same birthday.

Kyler does look a bit faster than hurts for sure but I was looking at top speed and kyler got up to 20.09 mph on a run in 2019 and Jalen got up to 20.48 mph on one of his runs in 2020. Not saying hurts is faster, but I just thought that was interesting. Iím not sure about when kylers run came but the impressive thing about hurts run is that it was on a 5 yard gain when he was running away from the pass rush. Thatís impressive because his acceleration is great, it wasnít an open field run when you are more likely to get a top speed. Hereís a chart showing jalens run:

https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/sta...201584128?s=20

But yeah, kyler is a good comparison. I wonder if hurts is a better leader though. They have similar arm strength but it seems kyler has better deep ball accuracy so far

I'll take Hurts over Kyler if the projection keeps up.

#24ever

Hurts and kyler both have potential. Jalen is a bit bigger which can matter, also I do believe jalen has better ball placement.

I think who this speaks most to is Lincoln Riley. How often does a coach churn out so many quality QBs.

Baker, kyler, jalen

If Iím drafting Iíll definitely look to him for a QB

I will say ironically jalen looks to be the best prospect amongst Tua and Mac

Though Mac has potential to thrive in that system for years

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast