Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I like the idea of signing all 3 and then still trading biggio+specs for Ramirez.

Weíll eventually have to unload salary but I hope this offseason isnít it.
    Ramirez is still due a lot of money. I'd rather they go after pre-arb/early arb guys in trades with volume for quality.

Iíve come to grips with possibly losing ray and semien. I thought it was the end of the world but there are other options. When you have money to spend, itís not the worst thing to wait and see how the market develops. A Matt Chapman trade with biggio moving to 2b would free up money to get a closer/ co-closer for example.

If we have 60m to spend Maybe that could get ray- matz- Chapman- closer
    Instead of
    Ray-semien-matz

Iím totally fine with biggio at 2b and espinal as backup MI.

I think berrios has to be extended and would be cheaper to do this off-season than to sign as a fa after next season but they may choose to go
    That route.

I just saw the list of 3b options out there and there are a bunch Iíd be interested in. Iíd preferably just go with an above average placeholder and go with biggio at 2b.

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    I just saw the list of 3b options out there and there are a bunch Iíd be interested in. Iíd preferably just go with an above average placeholder and go with biggio at 2b.
    This is my ideal situation too. Or if they retain semien then package biggio for an all star 3b. That would pain me though because I really like Biggio.

There's a Chance Ray can come back . Semien I think will leave . Biggio should be at second permanently

Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    There's a Chance Ray can come back . Semien I think will leave . Biggio should be at second permanently
    I think Ray is pretty much guaranteed to come back. Biggio, I disagree, we need a better defender up the middle. He should only be a utility guy at this point. I think if Semien leaves, it's because of him, I think the front office will make him a very nice offer, but he wants to play SS and he's from the West coast.

Wouldn't surprise me if LAA offers Semien big money.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    They need pitching so badly though. I'd actually wouldn't be surprised to see them go after Ray and Matz.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I'd feel bad for him if he went there. They just can't get anything right.

I think they are best to use the money on pitching, but I also thought that when they signed Rendon to that massive contract.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    This is my ideal situation too. Or if they retain semien then package biggio for an all star 3b. That would pain me though because I really like Biggio.
    Whatís not to like about biggio as a 2bman? (First jays player jersey I ever got , new blue niiiice)
    If I were to handicap his production next year Iíd put 85 pct confidence at a full season like of:
    80r 20hr 75rbi 17sb 790 ops. Plus leadership intangibles and ability to play multiple positions and came up with our core.

I think you plug that right into our lineup at a very low salary and spend on pitching. Move him up in lineup if overperforming or lower if not.

Truth be told Iíd be bullish on higher numbers if the injury wasnít back/neck related as those injuries donít seem to heal like others.
    Last edited by wamco; 09-29-2021 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    Whatís not to like about biggio as a 2bman? (First jays player jersey I ever got , new blue niiiice)
    If I were to handicap his production next year Iíd put 85 pct confidence at a full season like of:
    80r 20hr 75rbi 17sb 790 ops. Plus leadership intangibles and ability to play multiple positions and came up with our core.

I think you plug that right into our lineup at a very low salary and spend on pitching. Move him up in lineup if overperforming or lower if not.

Truth be told Iíd be bullish on higher numbers if the injury wasnít back/neck related as those injuries donít seem to heal like others.
    I like biggio for 2b. But an infield of Allstar-Bo-semien-Vlad is the best in the league and possibly among the best of all time. Our OF us rock solid too. If there was a way to shed grich and Ryu to keep this team togetherÖ.

Iíd be good with an infield of
    Ramirez-Bo-Biggio-Vlad too

Or even better, extend Semien and trade for Ramirez

Jose Ramirez-Bo Bichette-Marcus Semien-Vlad Jr. infield

Springer
    Semien
    Vlad
    Bo
    Teoscar
    Ramirez
    Gurriel
    Kirk
    Jansen

Yikes

The Lost Boys of PSD

We'd have to give up a haul for Rirez I assume.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast