Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    There's something to be said about promoting Lopez in that he will be much cheaper, but that also comes with way fewer XBH and no guarantee his performance will translate to the MLB level. He would definitely be a step down.
    He is good player also. We have enough offense to take slight drop at 2b. Especially if Moreno makes jump to 3b

Lopez shpuld probably stay in AAA for a year. He's doing okay at 710 OPS in 29 games but would like to see him play better in AAA before promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Lopez shpuld probably stay in AAA for a year. He's doing okay at 710 OPS in 29 games but would like to see him play better in AAA before promotion.
    We have 3 big increases next year not counting Semien nor Ray. Vlad alone will jump from .600k to 30 million

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    We have 3 big increases next year not counting Semien nor Ray. Vlad alone will jump from .600k to 30 million
    There's no way they pay Vlad 30 million next year. If he gets an extension, it will be backloaded.

Yea not following this. They have to extend him to do that and it would probably work our to similar to Tatis in terms of the contracts scaling.

First time through arb, he won't get that much. Probably closer to $10m. Berrios will also get a raise. Pre-arb, we have $55m committed to payroll next year. Many reports have said they can go to about $165m next year. The TV ratings are through the roof right now, I know attendance is a big deal, but this helps line the pocketbooks and should encourage spending, since they can charge more for ads next year.

$165 total payroll shpuld probably be about $140 mil active payroll, which is a $20 mil jump from this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    $165 total payroll shpuld probably be about $140 mil active payroll, which is a $20 mil jump from this year.
    Any one expiring? We will have more than 20mil in Arb raises alone.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    From what I've seen after a quick look the major expiring ones we have are

Roark - $12M
    Tulo - $4M
    Yamaguchi - $3.1M
    Chatwood - $3M

Springers salary does jump to $28M from 22 though for one year before dropping back down to 22M for the final 4 years

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

We gotta re-sign 'Pants" the guy is better then Cole this year and if we don't how do we replace him???
    Vancouver Canucks
    Toronto Blue Jays
    San Francisco 49's

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I think Kenny listed them all. Some of those dead cap arent included in the $125 mil payroll from this year though. So if our active payroll does end up being say $145 mil (20% increase), its still technically a $20 mil increase.

It depends on the total active payroll and then how much of the deadcap is used to reallocate to active salary. I was just going off the $165 mil suggested (thoigh i made the assumption that was reference to total payroll).

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post

Roark - $12M
    Tulo - $4M
    Yamaguchi - $3.1M
    Chatwood - $3M

Springers salary does jump to $28M from 22 though for one year before dropping back down to 22M for the final 4 years

Thanks thatís actually a big chunk of change there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    Honestly, you should be an MLB scout or GM with your eyes

Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    We gotta re-sign 'Pants" the guy is better then Cole this year and if we don't how do we replace him???
    100%

The guy has been great pretty much from the time he put on a Jays uniform, and the longer he works with Walker and company the better he seems to get. I think both him and the Jays will be interested in a long term extension.

Pitching is what wins in the playoffs. If you have one of the best, you keep him as long as you can. The stuff doesn't lie. 95-97 with an 88-91mph wipe out slider. ..from the left side.

I still believe they keep them both, but the one the MUST keep is Ray. If they lose Semien they will replace him with another bat...and the kids are learning from him how to win in Sept. Bo said on the broadcast just today he is following Semien's lead on how to practice/prepare between games. I think he gets a raise, but in the end they pay what it will take to keep him part of this core.

1 thing working in oue favour is the FX rate. Fx rate was 1.34 last year around this time and only 1.26 now. Could be the difference between an extra $10 mil or not if Rogers decides to spend the savings.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post

Roark - $12M
    Tulo - $4M
    Yamaguchi - $3.1M
    Chatwood - $3M

Kirby Yates as well.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast