Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kevin Owens Contract Expires Sooner than Expected

Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful Select reports that according to WWE sources, Kevin Owens‘ contract is up in January 2022, whereas it had been previously thought that Owens was signed into 2023.

Sapp notes that, in a 2018 interview, Owens explained that he had signed a new five-year deal, but this report contradicts that situation. Per Sapp, WWE restructed multiple contracts before the pandemic, and tne end date of Owens’ deal was affected. It’s currently unknown why this change was made, and more details about the contract are unavailable at this time.

https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezon...s-wwe-contract

This is a bit interesting but, out of all the guys so far that have been released or have expiring contracts, I have a feeling KO will stay with WWE.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezon...s-wwe-contract

This is a bit interesting but, out of all the guys so far that have been released or have expiring contracts, I have a feeling KO will stay with WWE.
    Why would he they do nothing with him. He can go anywhere and be used better I suspect he’ll be gone. I don’t know if aew will cause of the influx of talent they just got and might get before he is a free agent. But I suspect him to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    Why would he they do nothing with him. He can go anywhere and be used better I suspect he’ll be gone. I don’t know if aew will cause of the influx of talent they just got and might get before he is a free agent. But I suspect him to leave.

now I thought the same thing with Cesaro and Cesaro re-upped. There is more of a chance of KO sticking than there was any of the other guys like Cole, Danielson etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    now I thought the same thing with Cesaro and Cesaro re-upped. There is more of a chance of KO sticking than there was any of the other guys like Cole, Danielson etc.
    No no there isn’t just cause Cesaro re upped doesn’t mean steen will.

The sad thing is Owens belongs in WWE. The problem is he's booked like a mid carder and sometimes goes months without any meaningful booking. It amazes me how the WWE can lose a guy like Kevin Steen among the fray but they find a way.

Another former WWE guy who is probably going to AEW.

I think he stays and gets a nice raise. No problem with using AEW to raise his value.

i think ko only cares about the money now resigns with wwe

#FreeYagyu And CSSTL

I said before and I’ll keep saying it the WWE will be nothing but Charlotte, Reigns, Cena, Goldberg and Lesnar.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    I said before and I’ll keep saying it the WWE will be nothing but Charlotte, Reigns, Cena, Goldberg and Lesnar.
    Don't forget Gable Stevenson and Steiner's son.

-------

KO stays but he is literally going to have to fight Sami Zayn forever, though.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Don't forget Gable Stevenson and Steiner's son.

-------

KO stays but he is literally going to have to fight Sami Zayn forever, though.
    Some think Vince is purposely letting AEW sign all these guys to bankrupt them if that’s the case Vince is one hell of an evil genius. Vince needs to step down or we’ll see Reigns vs Lesnar over and over and over again, Goldberg being put in matches others should be instead and Charlotte winning her 1000th Championship. Where does it stop? Who’s gonna be next? Sheamus, Keith Lee, Ziggler, who? And those that keep saying the WWE shouldn’t fear AEW are in denial.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Some think Vince is purposely letting AEW sign all these guys to bankrupt them if that’s the case Vince is one hell of an evil genius.
    I haven't heard that but LOL. At last check Tony Khan is worth 7B and his father is 8B, while Vince is worth just short of 2B. If Vince is trying to bankrupt them, then he is doing it very poorly.

WWE is not in trouble in terms of if they are going the way of WCW but the days of them being the #1 promotion in the U.S. is probably numbered.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    I haven't heard that but LOL. At last check Tony Khan is worth 7B and his father is 8B, while Vince is worth just short of 2B. If Vince is trying to bankrupt them, then he is doing it very poorly.

WWE is not in trouble in terms of if they are going the way of WCW but the days of them being the #1 promotion in the U.S. is probably numbered.
    Its not about bankrupting Tony personally. Its about whether or not AEW can continually turn a profit. That might be difficult if they keep adding expenses to their roster. I don't think Tony as a businessman wants to operate in the red. He might do so for a period of time but no good businessman operates that way for an extended period of time. The thing with AEW is they need live crowds to be more of a consistent thing as a way to get revenue because their tv deal doesn't expire until 2023. At that point, they'll have a lot more leverage to get significantly more money in tv rights. I feel like by that time their roster will shrink some and they'll have a more clear idea of what makes them super profitable.

Tony has done a good job but he had a huge leg up already being a billionaire. Dude is a mark running a company he loves.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-10-2021 at 08:02 AM.

#1 promotion is all relative too. AEW is not going to surpass WWE's total viewership (a week) between Raw, NXT, and Smackdown. They can't do that with Dynamite and Rampage. They can do better in the 18-49 demo but that's because WWE's major demographic is the 50 and over crowd.

AEW has a lot of buzz but can they continue that momentum? I mean are they are going to continually average 1.3 million viewers (or more) per week? We'll find out.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Its not about bankrupting Tony personally. Its about whether or not AEW can continually turn a profit. That might be difficult if they keep adding expenses to their roster. I don't think Tony as a businessman wants to operate in the red. He might do so for a period of time but no good businessman operates that way for an extended period of time. The thing with AEW is they need live crowds to be more of a consistent thing as a way to get revenue because their tv deal doesn't expire until 2023. At that point, they'll have a lot more leverage to get significantly more money in tv rights. I feel like by that time their roster will shrink some and they'll have a more clear idea of what makes them super profitable.

Tony has done a good job but he had a huge leg up already being a billionaire. Dude is a mark running a company he loves.
    With a father who is worth 7 Billion so I don't see him going anywhere. Is father is quoting in saying something like... All this money will be theirs when I am gone why not have them burn some while I am alive.
    The First Man To Ever Win The World Title - The Prestige Title - The Chaos Championship in PWW History. I am The Face That Runs The Place Mario Freaking Bellz

Quote Originally Posted by Bellz View Post
    With a father who is worth 7 Billion so I don't see him going anywhere. Is father is quoting in saying something like... All this money will be theirs when I am gone why not have them burn some while I am alive.
    Wish we could have dads like that lol.

I don't believe Tony is worth 7 billion dollars but I could see him being worth 500 million to a billion. Depends on his investments. All AEW really has to do is hold water until their next tv contract. If the ratings stay where they are or improve, they're going to get 9 figures a year from some tv station or streaming platform. Similar to what WWE gets for theirs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast