Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Education

But i think the fact is parents are more likely to buy their sons a PC really caused the massive drop of women in tech. I think thats a really good theory and example of society pushing gender norms. I think the best path for improvement is making sure were not limiting our kids experiences based on societal norms.
    Last edited by MRSpock; 09-19-2021 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    In colleges? Historically when communities populations get twisted significantly to one gender or another it often gets unhealthy.

Why are men not choosing college at so high a rate?
    I would be interested in reading those studies.

As for men not choosing college, seems kind of obvious to me. For decades society ash encourage anyone but men and to an even greater degree, white men to not go to college. Tada, it worked.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I would be interested in reading those studies.

As for men not choosing college, seems kind of obvious to me. For decades society ash encourage anyone but men and to an even greater degree, white men to not go to college. Tada, it worked.
    Um. In what way?

Itís not that men and women donít get paid equally or donít go into similar fields. Itís that men choose high paying professions like doctors or lawyers, whereas women choose lesser professions like women doctors and women lawyers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Lets not go as far as to call college a scam.

These vocational schools are not just a coincidence in their affordability and earning potentail.

Truth is we need as many programmers and people to fill tech jobs as possible. You are seeing the same thing with medical. As many community colleges and vocational schools now are adding nursing programs. Its not because "college is a scam" its because these job markets desperately need more labor and it forces companies to be less picky on their hirings.

The tech industries only bottle neck is skilled labor. While other less needed jobs dont go to trade schools because it would only flood the labor force of that sector.
    Fact is, a bachelors degree today isnít worth as much as a bachelors degree was 30 years ago.

College has gone up insanely in price yet wages havenít adjusted. Oftentimes, you need a masters degree to get a job that once only required a bachelors.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Fact is, a bachelors degree today isnít worth as much as a bachelors degree was 30 years ago.

College has gone up insanely in price yet wages havenít adjusted. Oftentimes, you need a masters degree to get a job that once only required a bachelors.

You still earn 15k a year more on average with the bachelors joining the work force than someone with a diploma. And have a much higher ceiling in earning potential.

I agree college is too expensive and is in dire need for reform to scale its cost. But its also still well worth it in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Itís not that men and women donít get paid equally or donít go into similar fields. Itís that men choose high paying professions like doctors or lawyers, whereas women choose lesser professions like women doctors and women lawyers

Who is that? Carlin? CK? Super familiar lol.

Who is that? Carlin? CK? Super familiar lol.
    Canít even remember, tbh. Sounds like it could be either lol.

You still earn 15k a year more on average with the bachelors joining the work force than someone with a diploma. And have a much higher ceiling in earning potential.

I agree college is too expensive and is in dire need for reform to scale its cost. But its also still well worth it in most cases.
    Yeah itís worth it - if you have the money. Loans are predatory and make that 15k+ more that youíre making, a lot less.

Iím not going to school this semester because I canít afford it. ****, i couldíve gone away to school and it wouldíve paid off. The problem is that In this country, you have to already have money, if you want to make it.

Um. In what way?
    Giving any benefits to admission or financial aid based more on skin color and sex which in turn hurts men and more specifically white men. No one that I am aware of is campaigning for more male applicants to college or giving men financial breaks, or black colleges saying, we have too low of white men, let's give them scholarships to come to our school.

Giving any benefits to admission or financial aid based more on skin color and sex which in turn hurts men and more specifically white men. No one that I am aware of is campaigning for more male applicants to college or giving men financial breaks, or black colleges saying, we have too low of white men, let's give them scholarships to come to our school.
    White people get more benefits and financial aid because of legacy admissions.

Nobody is saying we have too few white men because the majority of college students are white. The largest college demographics are white women and white men.

Iíd argue the consistent messaging that college is a waste of time and partisan, particularly targeted at white male conservatives, is more responsible for the decline in enrollment than affirmative action.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    White people get more benefits and financial aid because of legacy admissions.

Nobody is saying we have too few white men because the majority of college students are white. The largest college demographics are white women and white men.

Iíd argue the consistent messaging that college is a waste of time and partisan, particularly targeted at white male conservatives, is more responsible for the decline in enrollment than affirmative action.
    It should be the largest since that skin color is more prevalent. Perhaps in Washington they discourage going to college to conservatives. It's not happening in my state of Illinois.

The majority are not white in black colleges. Can you imagine if there was such a thing as a white college? Talk about racism all you want. The left have it down pat.

It should be the largest since that skin color is more prevalent. Perhaps in Washington they discourage going to college to conservatives. It's not happening in my state of Illinois.

The majority are not white in black colleges. Can you imagine if there was such a thing as a white college? Talk about racism all you want. The left have it down pat.
    Itís not states that are discouraging it, itís pundits and people saying itís a waste of time that teaches communism.

Can I imagine if there was such a thing as a white college? Of course I can, we had them for the majority of this countries existence. Itís literally why we had to force desegregation. That you think historically black colleges are racist as opposed to a result of racism shows how little you understand the history.

The only reason there are historically black colleges is because white people said you couldnít go to our colleges. And now legacy admissions gives preference to all the white people whose ancestors went to their colleges at a time when black people could not.

I donít know who has it down pat, but you certainly donít. I recommend reading about racism before you start talking about itÖ

I have a legitimate question for you, Valade. How many white students attend Grambling or Howard?

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I have a legitimate question for you, Valade. How many white students attend Grambling or Howard?
    Very few, but some do. What relevance does that have?

Like, you guys are aware the only reason such colleges exist is because black people were prohibited from attending other colleges right?

Claiming HBCUís are racist is like complaining Japanese Americans in WWII are racist because they were the only ones in internment campsÖ

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast