Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    except the bucs didnt just add brady... brady brought an entire all star team with him
    Yeah, teams were lining up for guys like a retired gronk, fournette and brown.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    I admire him for taking less, yeah making less than your wife helps but still I think thatís pretty cool that he did that. The cheating **** is not though. I still think the patriots stole the eagles championship in 04 but whatevs
    Mcnabb puking on the field ended your season not fantasy cameras

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Yeah, teams were lining up for guys like a retired gronk, fournette and brown.
    Gronk is still better than most TEs in the league, Brown when he has his head on straight is still a very good WR and Fournette was a former 4th overall pick who is only 27 years old. Add Brady and those guys to an already pretty loaded roster and its easy to see why the Bucs have been so good the last 2 years. I think people underestimate how good of a situation Brady walked into. His recruitment of those guys only made that situation even better.

Quote Originally Posted by rc33 View Post
    If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times; Matt Schaub would've won 9 rings in New England if he'd had Bill Belichick as his Head Coach. And that's more evident this season than ever. Matt Schaub-level talent is pretty much all similar success would've required. Brady's had everything handed to him throughout the course of his career and is the luckiest QB in history.

Quote Originally Posted by d.m.g. View Post
    You're a damn fool if you still don't believe Brady is the the NFL's GOAT. He went to a 7-9 team that hadn't won a playoff game since GWB's first term and won a Super Bowl in his first year...during peak COVID where he didn't have much time to gel with this new team. Meanwhile the Patriots went from 12-4 division winners with him dragging a garbage offense with Mohamed Sanu as a #1 to 7-9 and out of the playoffs with washed up Cam Newton.
    Bradys the GOAT, but both of these takes are ignorant. You're making it seem like there were no other factors for both teams. Brady went to a near .500 team that had a terrible QB and a young defense then added a great TE, good power RB, AB as a #3 WR, and the big one nobody talks about is Wirfs who helped round out the #1 OL in 2020. The Pats lost not only Brady, but a huge chunk of their 2019 defense that CARRIED the weak *** Pats offense most of the season; they also basically lost Edelman who was only healthy like 3 games. If Brady stayed in NE for 2020 everyone would say he was "done" just like they did at the end of 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Gronk is still better than most TEs in the league, Brown when he has his head on straight is still a very good WR and Fournette was a former 4th overall pick who is only 27 years old. Add Brady and those guys to an already pretty loaded roster and its easy to see why the Bucs have been so good the last 2 years. I think people underestimate how good of a situation Brady walked into. His recruitment of those guys only made that situation even better.
    Says more about Brady that he was able to convince Gronk out of retirement, was able to keep Browns head on straight, and no one was taking Fournette prior.

Those guys went and performed because of Brady.

He didnít go to a good team though but at
    43 or whatever why wouldnít you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Says more about Brady that he was able to convince Gronk out of retirement, was able to keep Browns head on straight, and no one was taking Fournette prior.

Those guys went and performed because of Brady.

He didnít go to a good team though but at
    43 or whatever why wouldnít you?
    I feel like Gronk could have continued playing at a high level when he retired. He wasn't prime Gronk but had he joined a team with a very good to great QB, I'm sure he would have put up good numbers. And I don't think it took Brady much convincing to be honest. I will give Brady credit for his ability to recruit and lead but those guys have talent on what was already a talented roster.

Yeah, I'm not faulting Brady for joining a great situation. I just think its underestimated how good of a situation it was. I mean look at that offense from last year. Evans, Godwin, Gronk, Brown, Howard, Fournette, Jones, a very good offensive line, etc. Give Rodgers, Allen, or Mahomes that roster and they win the SB too. There are other guys I would make the case could win the SB with that offense as well.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-23-2022 at 12:58 AM.

The guy was picked in the 6th round and the 199th pick. As soon as he went to New England and started the franchise turned around and won 3 Superbowls in his first 4 years playing. He has more Superbowl wins than any other franchise.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

How can you say he's not the GOAT when statistically he is top 2-3 in every QB category and has all these championships?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm not faulting Brady for joining a great situation. I just think its underestimated how good of a situation it was. I mean look at that offense from last year. Evans, Godwin, Gronk, Brown, Howard, Fournette, Jones, a very good offensive line, etc. Give Rodgers, Allen, or Mahomes that roster and they win the SB too. There are other guys I would make the case could win the SB with that offense as well.
    No guarantees anyone wins a SB, regardless of talent. We've seen stacked situations falter all the time. What makes Brady great or the GOAT, is he takes advantage of his opportunities. And when he does make mistakes like the 2 picks getting Greedy vs GB (last year loffs), those picks were like punts and didn't leave his team in a compromised position. Whereas the Rodgers pick in the same game, did compromise GB. Brady has the mental game that is a cut above when handling pressure and expectations, this is why I think he's the goat. He's fearless, undistracted and poised. Other guys have more arm talent, but he has guys beat with head and heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    No guarantees anyone wins a SB, regardless of talent. We've seen stacked situations falter all the time. What makes Brady great or the GOAT, is he takes advantage of his opportunities. And when he does make mistakes like the 2 picks getting Greedy vs GB (last year loffs), those picks were like punts and didn't leave his team in a compromised position. Whereas the Rodgers pick in the same game, did compromise GB. Brady has the mental game that is a cut above when handling pressure and expectations, this is why I think he's the goat. He's fearless, undistracted and poised. Other guys have more arm talent, but he has guys beat with head and heart.
    I'm not buying that, sorry. I get your point but those QBs are winning a SB with that roster imo. I understand it takes one bad performance in the playoffs and all of that goes to hell but its not like Brady was amazing in last year's playoffs either. He had 3 games where his completion % was under 56% and yes that 3 pick game is still a thing, regardless of the context of those interceptions. The roster he joined and put together was ridiculous. Its obviously not the same this year due to injury and Antonio Brown being a moron but it doesn't take away from the loaded rosters he's played on the last 2 seasons.

I don't buy the intangible argument in baseball and I don't buy it in football either. I understand they are entirely different sports but talent takes precedence. Brady doesn't will his defense to be incredibly successful like it was when he was in New England, or his 2 HOF kickers to be clutch as hell. Neither does it hurt that he played for arguably the best HC in the history of the NFL in Bill Belichick.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-23-2022 at 01:57 AM.

Brady got the benefit of Tampa going all in last year. They threw as much **** at the wall to make him happy and put as much talent around him as possible. It makes a team like the Packers look even more pathetic imo when you see that they only have Devonte Adams and 2 good RB to go with arguably the most talented QB in NFL history. I'm not saying Brady isn't an all time great but he's had some incredible advantages other teams and QBs haven't had independent of his talent.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-23-2022 at 01:55 AM.

I'm not buying that, sorry. I get your point but those QBs are winning a SB with that roster imo. I get it takes one bad performance in the playoffs and all of that goes to hell but its not like Brady was amazing in last year's playoffs either. He had 3 games where his completion % was under 56% and yes that 3 pick game is still a thing, regardless of the context of those interceptions. The roster he joined and put together was ridiculous. Its obviously not the same this year due to injury and Antonio Brown being a moron but it doesn't take away from the loaded rosters he's played on the last 2 seasons.

I don't buy the intangible argument in baseball and I don't buy it in football either. I understand they are entirely different sports but talent takes precedence. Brady doesn't will his defense to be incredibly successful like it was when he was in New England, neither does it hurt that he played for arguably the best HC in the history of the NFL in Bill Belichick.
    Even Brady didn't win the stacked roster with Moss and went 16-0. Chiefs were odds on favorites bu mid season last year and didn't win with their stacked team. It happens, nothing is a given in a one and done. Brady isn't unfalterable but sports psychology and his winning attitude is contagious, I'll disagree if you don't think it matters. Dude is a culture changer. Brady just takes advantage of his luck better then others, which he has to be given credit for, even if you don't that yourself. Bucs were dogs in their last 3 playoff games last year and probably had like 4-5th best odds to win when the playoffs started last year and probably worse prior to the season last year. Brady didn't play good vs. the Saints, but his 1st half performance vs. GB and the Super Bowl put the Bucs in prime position to win and close it out period.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Even Brady didn't win the stacked roster with Moss and went 16-0. Chiefs were odds on favorites bu mid season last year and didn't win with their stacked team. It happens, nothing is a given in a one and done. Brady isn't unfalterable but sports psychology and his winning attitude is contagious, I'll disagree if you don't think it matters. Dude is a culture changer. Brady just takes advantage of his luck better then others, which he has to be given credit for, even if you don't that yourself. Bucs were dogs in their last 3 playoff games last year and probably had like 4-5th best odds to win when the playoffs started last year and probably worse prior to the season last year. Brady didn't play good vs. the Saints, but his 1st half performance vs. GB and the Super Bowl put the Bucs in prime position to win and close it out period.
    Chiefs had some obvious holes last year that bit them in the *** in the SB. It happens. The Giants defense in 07 and 2011 may have found Brady's one kryptonite. A gap pressure. If you can find a way to put pressure on Brady without blitzing, then he is beatable because he has no mobility. That's a big reason why people think the Rams have a chance tomorrow. Mainly its Donald, Floyd and Miller.

They might have been underdogs in last year's playoffs but their rosters were better than any of their competition including the Chiefs. I think a lot of that "Brady willing his team to victory" has nothing tangible to it. He won his first SB by throwing 1 TD pass the entire postseason. He threw 2 TD passes in his entire SB run in 2019. He won a lot of postseason games on amazing defense, clutch kicking from 2 HOFers , and the best head coach in NFL history.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-23-2022 at 02:27 AM.

He's the GOAT and he's still somehow underrated. Just enjoy it while it lasts and try not to overthink.

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast