Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I don't think its a fluke. I just think his role is overstated in some of those SB wins.
    In a sport where it is only one game and you either move on or go home. What he's done is impressive. It is a 52 man sport but it starts at the top and he has consistently been there to lead the team to wins and get them prepared to win

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    So itís overstated in ďsomeĒ of the super bowl winsÖ then itís not overstated in ďsomeĒ of the others. Thatís how many damn rings he has lol
    That's great but isn't the argument that because he has 7 rings, he's the best? I get its an accruement of all the accomplishments as well but so many people point to rings as the definitive reason why he's the best QB of all time. Meanwhile, there was some SB runs that were predicated on mainly other things besides QB play.

You canít just contextualize or overlook 7 rings. I know itís a team sport and Brady was not individually great in all of them but cmon. SEVEN. Like at a certain point you just have to acknowledge how absolutely bonkers that number is and give it the proper due. Iím as big a football nerd as any and Iíll argue with anyone that wins arenít just about the QB and the game is deeper than counting stats, on and on. But seven rings is one of those extreme outliers where I just throw my hands up and say ďyeah no need to go any deeper here, this one is cut and dryĒ

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

You canít just contextualize or overlook 7 rings. I know itís a team sport and Brady was not individually great in all of them but cmon. SEVEN. Like at a certain point you just have to acknowledge how absolutely bonkers that number is and give it the proper due. Iím as big a football nerd as any and Iíll argue with anyone that wins arenít just about the QB and the game is deeper than counting stats, on and on. But seven rings is one of those extreme outliers where I just throw my hands up and say ďyeah no need to go any deeper here, this one is cut and dryĒ
    People genuinely need to at minimum appreciate how insanely clutch/opportunistic/whatever he is. Winning a SB in a big moment? Cool. Winning 2 clutch SBs? Sweet, Eli and Ben did it too. Winning so many playoff games, conference conference championships, and SBs while 6 of 7 SBs were close is ****ing nuts.

That's genuinely probably what makes Tom the GOAT more than anything. He's absolutely had great defenses and OLs, but other QBs have had great units too. Put Peyton or Rodgers on Brady's teams and they no doubt have a fist full of rings, but no ****ing chance they've got 7 or anywhere close.

And you can not compare to other sports. In the NBA you can lose game 1. You can lose game 2. Heck you can even lose game 3 and still win it all. In the NFL it is one and done. Winning a championship in the NFL is way harder than the NBA

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

What does a QB have to do to be the GOAT? Win Super Bowls? Brady has the most with 7. Numbers? He has the most passing yards and touchdowns in history. And itís not like he did it in one system. He proved he can do it away from NE and Belichick. In my book, heís the GOAT and itís not even a close second. Iím also a Ninersí fan who was born and raised in SF during the Montana era, so itís hard to say Montana isnít the greatest.

Absolutely overrated. Brady also sucks.
    Last edited by zn23; 01-30-2022 at 01:22 AM.

I love how people are calling a 44 year old QB overrated because of what heís done in his age 43 and 44 seasons lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Plus he's not like Robert Horry or Keena Turner where they're just role players that were on stacked teams; Brady is the franchise quarterback who was pretty much the only constant player during NE's run.

Bradyís teams have hit the divisional round 17 times . 14 of those games they won . Of the 14 Conferense Championships his teams have been in they won 10 of those games . Just that is insane . And of the 10 SB appearances he wins 7 ? And 1 of those losses he passes for 500 yards against a defense that was elite all year and pretty much was beaten by a insane play call and execution. Ö dude is above MJ in my eyes .

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I love how people are calling a 44 year old QB overrated because of what heís done in his age 43 and 44 seasons lol.
    Itís wild.

The biggest knock I can put on Brady is that even his highlight reel stuff is often not super impressive. Dont get me wrong, he makes big time throws when it matters but the biggest thing is he just almost never makes mistakes. A lot of his greatness is he picks you apart by taking what you give him all day long and not forcing stuff. Other highlight reels might border on videogame-esque stuff Brady just tends to make seemingly basic type plays so consistently its almost boring. In terms of resume and overall body of work, no question hes the GOAT.

If Tom Brady fans are still going out of their way to prove to everyone that heís the G.O.A.T, then heís not the G.O.A.T. If Tom Brady is still playing football at 44 years old when he has nothing left to prove, has all the money in the world, and risking his health trying to prove to everyone heís the G.O.A.T, heís not the G.O.A.T.

Brady is a great QB and the most accomplished. Accomplishments does not make someone a G.O.A.T considering they were surrounded by pro bowlers/hall of fame players/coaches and had top 10 defenses most of their career. Yes, Brady maximized the teams he was given. For that he is a great QB. However there have been others before him with great stats, playoff/super bowl wins/ more physically gifted, and with a larger individual impact on their teams success. Those who have actually watched football over the years instead of just being fed a popular fanboy narrative has actually seen much better great QBís command their team, win games ALL on their own, and should actually be considered as the G.O.A.T. But yes Tom Brady is the G.O.A.T the same as best artist always win the Grammys lol.

Example, Brady goes down first game of 2008 season, Matt Cassell leads the Pats to 11-5. Peyton Manning leads the Colts to 10-6 in 2010, he leaves and Curtis Painter finishes at 2-14 in 2011.

Brady is like Lebron. No matter how many rings Lebron wins, folks will never place him above the real G.O.A.T.

Brady left New England after being bounced in the first round of the playoffs to the Titans because he realized he couldnít win anymore and he NEEDS a great team around him. Thatís why he rolled to the Bucs, an already playoff team with a good defense and then recruited a bunch of former 1st rd draft picks to stack his team. Again no different than Lebron stacking his teams of Wade, Bosh, Love, Davis etc to get rings.

I lost all respect for him when he destroyed his cell phone as evidence in the middle of an investigation for cheating and a New York District judge ruled him more likely than not that he was aware of wrongdoing.
    Last edited by TheScab; 01-25-2022 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheScab View Post
    If Tom Brady fans are still going out of their way to prove to everyone that heís the G.O.A.T, then heís not the G.O.A.T. If Tom Brady is still playing football at 44 years old when he has nothing left to prove, has all the money in the world, and risking his health trying to prove to everyone heís the G.O.A.T, heís not the G.O.A.T.

Brady is a great QB and the most accomplished. Accomplishments does not make someone a G.O.A.T considering they were surrounded by pro bowlers/hall of fame players/coaches and had top 10 defenses most of their career. Yes, Brady maximized the teams he was given. For that he is a great QB. However there have been others before him with great stats, playoff/super bowl wins/ more physically gifted, and with a larger individual impact on their teams success. Those who have actually watched football over the years instead of just being fed a popular fanboy narrative has actually seen much better great QBís command their team, win games ALL on their own, and should actually be considered as the G.O.A.T. But yes Tom Brady is the G.O.A.T the same as best artist always win the Grammys lol.

Example, Brady goes down first game of 2008 season, Matt Cassell leads the Pats to 11-5. Peyton Manning leads the Colts to 10-6 in 2010, he leaves and Curtis Painter finishes at 2-14 in 2011.

Brady is like Lebron. No matter how many rings Lebron wins, folks will never place him above the real G.O.A.T.

Brady left New England after being bounced in the first round of the playoffs to the Titans because he realized he couldnít win anymore and he NEEDS a great team around him. Thatís why he rolled to the Bucs, an already playoff team with a good defense and then recruited a bunch of former 1st rd draft picks to stack his team. Again no different than Lebron stacking his teams of Wade, Bosh, Love, Davis etc to get rings.

I lost all respect for him when he destroyed his cell phone as evidence in the middle of an investigation for cheating and a New York District judge ruled him more likely than not that he was aware of wrongdoing.
    Your last sentence says everything. You just donít like him. All that rambling nonsense and you donít put up an argument for who the goat is in your opinion, or even the real defining characteristic.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    Your last sentence says everything. You just donít like him. All that rambling nonsense and you donít put up an argument for who the goat is in your opinion, or even the real defining characteristic.
    I replied to the topic of the thread which is "Is Tom Brady Overrated", not "If Tom Brady is not the G.O.A.T, then who is?Ē

My last sentence speaks volumes to the reactions from all Brady defenders to keep him as G.O.A.T despite clear cut evidence that he intentionally tried to hide evidence of his wrongdoing in the midst of an investigation of cheating. When faced with facts, itís always "rambling nonsense" lol.

Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast