Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    Cam averaged 1.85 TDs per game for his career. 25th all time in rushing TDs for al positions.

Brady has averaged 1.96 TDs per game for his career.

If cams body could have held up he could be a lot higher on the all time list.

You could have singled out an MVP like Matt Ryan who has been healthy basically his entire career and is still mediocre when compared to all time greats. He is at 1.6 TDs per game.
    Thats the whole point against being a running qb. They cant sustain it, they simply cant take the beating. It for sure puts a serious handicap on the length of their career. They just wont have the longevity playing that way. Andrew Luck learned the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    Favre is not worse than Kelly and Brees. No way, no how.
    Easily. Kelly gets propped too much because of the SBs. I think he’s overrated. I think Brees is a borderline guy. Favre is definitely top 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Having an MVP doesn’t guarantee a high all-time ranking, as Cam Newton can attest.
    The difference is Cam got drafted to a dumpster fire with a mediocre coach and awful GMs who never got him much help and then played him while injured multiple times, while Lamar was drafted to a stable franchise which is arguably the most successful non-Pats/Steelers/Broncos franchise of the last 25 years.

Cam will never be ranked highly on any list other than "best players who were ruined by bad teams" lists and "best dual threat".

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    Thats the whole point against being a running qb. They cant sustain it, they simply cant take the beating. It for sure puts a serious handicap on the length of their career. They just wont have the longevity playing that way. Andrew Luck learned the hard way.
    Cam is still sustaining a running game even with bad offenses. All of his injuries have been due to pocket hits and trying to make a tackle when his WR gave up. If not for the shoulder injury Cam would still be a great QB.

Last edited by metswon69; 01-28-2022 at 01:34 AM.

You have some kind of Farve bias, he had a much better career than Drew Brees or Jim Kelly, if he is not top 10 all time he is damn close to it.

Brees gets severely overrated for passing for 5k yards in a season.
    I wouldn't say Favre had a much better career than Brees. The thing is Favre played in an era where guys didn't throw 35+ TD passes in a season so when he did it 3 consecutive times from 95-97 and with how much success the Packers had, it was easy to see why he got so much MVP consideration.

I get Brees played in a more QB friendly game but he did lead the league in TDs 4 times, 7 times in yards, and 6 times in completion %.

This argument makes me laugh though. Football is a team game until your franchise QB can't win more than 1 SB. Then its the QB's fault. I mean throw for throw Dan Marino might have been the most talented QB of all time and he never won a SB..

Brady has really spoiled people into thinking that as great as he is individually that other QBs can just will teams to SB titles. What does it say that some of the best QBs of all time have only 1 or 2 SBs to their credit? It shows how hard it is to win in this league and how great of a team and a coach you need to win 3, 4, 5, or more SB.

Thats the significant advantage he's had over guys like Manning, Favre, Rodgers, etc.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-28-2022 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I wouldn't say Favre had a much better career than Brees. The thing is Favre played in an era where guys didn't throw 35+ TD passes in a season so when he did it 3 consecutive times from 95-97 and with how much success the Packers had, it was easy to see why he got so much MVP consideration.

I get Brees played in a more QB friendly game but he did lead the league in TDs 4 times, 7 times in yards, and 6 times in completion %.

This argument makes me laugh though. Football is a team game until your franchise QB can't win more than 1 SB. Then its the QB's fault. I mean throw for throw Dan Marino might have been the most talented QB of all time and he never won a SB..
    No argument on the Marino bit. For my money, best pure arm talent we may ever see.

No

Brady is underrated.

His aura reminds me of Tiger Woods.

The Rams are ahead 27-3 and just that Brady is on the other sideline, the Rams pre-implode.

It was the same effect that Tiger Woods had on the opposition in his prime.

When you have that kind of effect on other professionals, you are walking on water.

Any you will find almost no list with Marino as #1.

If he was really the best of all time he would have at least one ring.

Any you will find almost no list with Marino as #1.

If he was really the best of all time he would have at least one ring.
    Yeah because he has no rings. If we're going by numbers and the era he played in respect to those numbers, its easy to put Marino as maybe the best QB ever. Do you know how difficult it was to throw 48 TD passes in 1984 with the way the rules were? Marino broke the single season record by 12 TDs at that point.

Had nothing to do with Don Shula being passed his prime and the Dolphins never putting that great of a roster around Dan.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-28-2022 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ortforshort View Post
    Brady is underrated.

His aura reminds me of Tiger Woods.

The Rams are ahead 27-3 and just that Brady is on the other sideline, the Rams pre-implode.

It was the same effect that Tiger Woods had on the opposition in his prime.

When you have that kind of effect on other professionals, you are walking on water.
    I hope this is sarcasm.

This isn't remotely true. The Rams fumbled the ball 4 times and the Bucs recovered on every fumble. That's incredibly lucky and the biggest reason why that was even a game. If they don't, the Rams probably win by 2 TDs.

Yeah because he has no rings. If we're going by numbers and the era he played in respect to those numbers, its easy to put Marino as maybe the best QB ever. Do you know how difficult it was to throw 48 TD passes in 1984 with the way the rules were? Marino broke the single season record by 12 TDs at that point.
    And he got to the super bowl and choked. All of the greats have at least one ring. Marino is an anomaly. Yea he had great regular season numbers, but if we are saying QBs are the best all time off of regular season than Peyton Manning is the easy #1.

And he got to the super bowl and choked. All of the greats have at least one ring. Marino is an anomaly. Yea he had great regular season numbers, but if we are saying QBs are the best all time off of regular season than Peyton Manning is the easy #1.
    Because his teams weren't great. When did Dan Marino ever have a good running game for example? He didn't choke. They played the best team of the 1980s who were littered with Hall of Famers all over the field. Like I said some of you guys put so much on QBs for losing and attribute too much to Brady for winning.

Had nothing to do with Don Shula being passed his prime and the Dolphins never putting that great of a roster around Dan.
    I dont care how good his regular season were, his playoff numbers exclude him from even being in the GOAT conversation and should be borderline top 10 not worshipped,

56% comp 32 TDs 24 INTs

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast