Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    They are a good team and spanked us. I can live with that

But it drives me nuts everytime this happens rodgers is like well we got 16 games left. Hate that

Well, hopefully just rusty. Get this one out the way. Still 16 games to go.

Tied for first in the division, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    Well, hopefully just rusty. Get this one out the way. Still 16 games to go.

Tied for first in the division, so there's that.
    Rodgers is that you?

Lol ugh I just hate that attitude. Show me you are pissed and going to fix it. Donít sluff it off like no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    my issue is king and the run D... we knew they were running and still we couldnt stop it. King looks lost nomatter what. The saints defense was a top 5 defense last year and they are playing on emotion... no we shouldnt get spanked like that but you tip your cap. My problem is what their offense did to our defense and that worries the **** out of me going forward.
    I agree. They like king and that locker room likes king, but he's inconsistent and all the injuries he's had has sapped his speed. So he's a liability to get beat deep too often now. And when the pass rush doesn't get home, he's toast. I have to imagine stokes takes that job before long.

That being said, this always happens whem we face a top flight OL. I dont think it matters who the DC is anymore to be honest. This defense has too many weak links. It blows mind that we got absolutely torched by San Fran in the NFCC game 2 years ago on the ground, and the only changes we've made was adding a 5th round ilb and 7th round edge last year, a 5th round DL and 6th round LB (a but mostly ST guy) and brought in two journeyman ILBs with some undrafted guys. Which for all intents and purposes is the equivalent of doing nothing.

Someone pointed out on Twitter, Andy Herman perhaps, that the Packers should never defer if they win the toss. It pains me to agree, because I've always maintained deferring is the right call, but this team is built to front run. We need the offense to efficiently score points and keep the pressure on the other team to play catchup and get one dimensional. We aren't built to play catchup. The offense isn't a huge play offense. Rodgers has always had the tendency to big play hunt when we're down instead of going with the flow. And the defense can't handle a balanced attack. The strength of the defense, which is Jaire, the safeties and the outside rushers (although they can be very inconsistent) are negated when teams run the ball and get into third and manageable every time. We need to force turnovers, force big plays (sacks or holds) and force 3rd and longs, all of which tend to happen more when the opposing team is playing from behind.

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    Rodgers is that you?

Lol ugh I just hate that attitude. Show me you are pissed and going to fix it. Donít sluff it off like no big deal.
    Idk, that ra ra, I'm so pissed attitude is usually for show anyways. I have no problem with the his attitude there. It's really no different than the Relax stuff he said too. That's the type of guy he is and honestly thats who Lafluer tends to be.

I'm game I'd sometimes like to see some more intensity from guys and trying to rally the troops. But post game, who cares. These dudes are pros. They know their livelihood and ability to make money rides on them not playing like **** each week.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Like I said, we do this once or twice a year. Last year, it was Tampa. The year before, it was San Fran and LAC. The year before that it happened alot, but Arizona sticks out as a real stinker.

I'm not gonna read too much into it for week 1. If it keeps happening, then it's a huge concern. But I'm gonna try to chalk it up to us playing our trash game out of the gate.
    I dont think you can play a trash game like that and legitimately be a sb contender. It shows theres a serious flaw in the team. Weve had it for sevwral years and weve never managed to overcome it. My money says we wont this year, either.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    I dont think you can play a trash game like that and legitimately be a sb contender. It shows theres a serious flaw in the team. Weve had it for sevwral years and weve never managed to overcome it. My money says we wont this year, either.
    If Bak doesn't tear his acl, I think there's a really good chance the Packers beat Tampa last year and easily could have won the super bowl.

Our best OL who's probably our 2nd or 3rd most important offensive player missed the game. Our 2nd most important defensive player (I'd say Jaire is #1) was very limited and only played 30%ish of the snaps. We started 2 rookies on the OL who theoretically will only get better. And most importantly, our best player played like garbage. And he does that from time to time. And honestly, every elite player lays an egg from time to time.

And quite literally, last year's SB champions lost 38-3 to the same saints team in week 9 where Brady threw for 200 yards, 0 TDs and 3 picks.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 09-13-2021 at 09:01 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12