~VS~

Marshon Lattimore, CB #23 - 0 Tackles / 0 INT / 0 PDEF / 0 FF
    Jaire Alexander, CB #23 - 0 Tackles / 0 INT / 0 PDEF / 0 Sacks

Kicker

~VS~

Will Lutz, K #3 - 0 FGM / 0 FGA / 0 XPM / 0 XPA
    Mason Crosby, K #2 - 0 FGM / 0 FGA / 0 XPM / 0 XPA

Click For More Stats

Roto (NBC Sports Edge) has Cobb as the number 2 WR in GB. haven partaken in several fantasy drafts this last week i must admit some surprise at the low ranking of Cobb is on those sites. i do have questions of his durability this year but i think he is going to have a big stats game in week 1. i think he catches 6 for 60 yards and a TD. i think he will be one of those hottest pick ups in week 2. in PPR scoring that's 18 points (1 point for 10 yards). thoughts?

I think Cobb is going to have some success just because of the trust Rodgers has in him. Cobb is going to become that safety valve if he can't hit Davante, MVS or Tonyan.

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    Roto (NBC Sports Edge) has Cobb as the number 2 WR in GB. haven partaken in several fantasy drafts this last week i must admit some surprise at the low ranking of Cobb is on those sites. i do have questions of his durability this year but i think he is going to have a big stats game in week 1. i think he catches 6 for 60 yards and a TD. i think he will be one of those hottest pick ups in week 2. in PPR scoring that's 18 points (1 point for 10 yards). thoughts?
    I just dont feel great about Cobb in general. I think what you said is a possibility. I domt doubt that. But I also think there's a path to him only have a handful targets too. Adams is the guy. Jones will get targets. With both Dillon and Hill looking more than playable, I think we'll be able to keep Jones rested and use him as more of an offensive weapon. Tonyan will see his targets. MVS has his role carved out. He's the only true deep threat. I also think there's path where MVS takes on almost a true #2 role. And Lazard has his role too. True possession guy who's an elite run blocker and will play in alot of those run looks with play action.

From a fantasy perspective, I actually like MVS as the dart throw over Cobb. Cobb. May have a few good games, but I'm just not sure there's a weekly path for him to be successful each week. I agree Rodgers likes him and that for sure helps. But MVS had a really good NFCC game. Rodgers just missed him for a 2nd td that could have put his stat line up at like 180 and 2 tds. I think he can take a jump. Not saying he for sure takes a jump. But there's a path and I think it's a more clear path than Cobb.

I also think we can't entirely forget about Amari. He didn't look great in the preseason, but he has some wiggle and run after catch ability. If he ends up being the primary returner, it means hell be active each week and may eventually earn himself a role where he get a handful or targets each week in WR screens and short routes that otherwise may have gone to Cobb.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 09-08-2021 at 11:03 AM.

I cant believe I'm panicking already. Why cant we have a thumper in the middle, dl and ilb tackling 3 yards after contact, or just end up on their backs.

wideouts are getting 0 seperation and our run defense and king is ***... jesus christ

my god this is ridiculous. Amos should have batted down that pass. This defense is making Jameis look like a stud. the offense just keeps sputtering along. you know I understand the not wanting to play your star players in preseason to protect from injury but, this is why you play them some so they can shake off the rust. not only that but, this is a whole different starting OL than what Rodgers is used to it would have been nice to get him some snaps to get him used to playing behind them.

our defense

our offensive line is not good today boys... this could be bad

rodgers with an awful decision there... just bad from top to bottom.

welp its done... defense stunk/play calling was awful/rodgers looked lost/oline sucked and all of these so called weapons got 0 seperation. Tip your cap and move on to next week.

Rodgers usually seems to have one game a year where he looks clueless and plays horribly. It was Tampa in week 6 last year. Hopefully that's just what this week was and it's not indicative of a bigger issue.

The line looked bad. The wrs didnt get any seperation. Rodgers looked disinterested and made bad decisions. Play calling was uninspired. Defense was bad all around. It's an easy excuse but they looked like the team with alot of guys who didn't take any preseason snaps.

I'm gonna try not to get too worked up about it. Division is 0-3 so far with the bears having a tough matchup.

Not a good start, and its disturbing because its not like winston is some real stud. Defense has been an issue for far too long. Rodgers not being around may have been more of a distraction than we thought. If the season starts very poorly, then what?

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    Not a good start, and its disturbing because its not like winston is some real stud. Defense has been an issue for far too long. Rodgers not being around may have been more of a distraction than we thought. If the season starts very poorly, then what?
    Like I said, we do this once or twice a year. Last year, it was Tampa. The year before, it was San Fran and LAC. The year before that it happened alot, but Arizona sticks out as a real stinker.

I'm not gonna read too much into it for week 1. If it keeps happening, then it's a huge concern. But I'm gonna try to chalk it up to us playing our trash game out of the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Like I said, we do this once or twice a year. Last year, it was Tampa. The year before, it was San Fran and LAC. The year before that it happened alot, but Arizona sticks out as a real stinker.

I'm not gonna read too much into it for week 1. If it keeps happening, then it's a huge concern. But I'm gonna try to chalk it up to us playing our trash game out of the gate.
    my issue is king and the run D... we knew they were running and still we couldnt stop it. King looks lost nomatter what. The saints defense was a top 5 defense last year and they are playing on emotion... no we shouldnt get spanked like that but you tip your cap. My problem is what their offense did to our defense and that worries the **** out of me going forward.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast