Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

What is the most you would give up for Ben Simmons?

My redline would be Hield, Bagley, 2022 1st, and a 2024 1st.

I am not high on Simmons but I would take a shot for the right price. However the above is my absolute best offer.

I am overall hoping we don't get Simmons unless we get him at a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post

I am not high on Simmons but I would take a shot for the right price. However the above is my absolute best offer.

Hield
    Bagley
    2022 1st top 3 protected
    2023 1st rd pick swap
    2024 1st unprotected
    2025 1st rd pick swap

Trading for potential superstars is the only way to take the leap since no needle moving FA will ever sign here.

I think we desperately need a move like this. But I’m not sure ben is worth it. And I think we’d be overpaying if we give up buddy, bagley snd a couple of picks.

First off… bagley still has upside. He’s been injured, but can still become a very good player. The scenario that he improves snd becomes as good as/better than Ben is a real one. Ben’s issues aren’t as easily solved.

I would say ben and bagley alone is what I’d trade. I’d throw in a protected first… but that’s about it.

We gotta remember, their ben situation has become more of a mess than our bagley situation. Why should we be the ones to sell for pennies on the dollar and not them?

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    I think we desperately need a move like this. But I’m not sure ben is worth it. And I think we’d be overpaying if we give up buddy, bagley snd a couple of picks.

First off… bagley still has upside. He’s been injured, but can still become a very good player. The scenario that he improves snd becomes as good as/better than Ben is a real one. Ben’s issues aren’t as easily solved.

I would say ben and bagley alone is what I’d trade. I’d throw in a protected first… but that’s about it.

We gotta remember, their ben situation has become more of a mess than our bagley situation. Why should we be the ones to sell for pennies on the dollar and not them?
    I don't think Ben is worth it either.

My thought process is Ben is good enough to improve us to a playoff team, which means next years pick will be in the high teens which lowers the value of the pick.

Bagley is in a contract season. He has potential just doubt he meets that potential as a King.

I feel the only guy we are giving up is Hield who I think is a very good player I am just not sure we can take the next step without taking a chance and I think giving up Hield , Bagley, and 2 picks could be worth that chance. This could be our Chris Webber trade.

I’m with Plague’s deal of Buddy, Bagley, and a pair of firsts. Simmons does a lot of good things on the floor, but for the trade to be worth it you’re betting on his shot to significantly improve. I don’t know how confident I am betting on that. I doubt the three ball ever becomes a significant part of his game, but maybe he can develop a mid range game.

I don't think Ben is worth it either.

My thought process is Ben is good enough to improve us to a playoff team, which means next years pick will be in the high teens which lowers the value of the pick.

Bagley is in a contract season. He has potential just doubt he meets that potential as a King.

I feel the only guy we are giving up is Hield who I think is a very good player I am just not sure we can take the next step without taking a chance and I think giving up Hield , Bagley, and 2 picks could be worth that chance. This could be our Chris Webber trade.
    True. But Ben doesn’t have the Weber skill set. Weber was a great player with character questions. A while ago when Jimmy butlers stock was down, that was the player I really wanted. Honestly, I think we’re selling buddy a little short too. Buddy is a great shooter. Ben is a great defender. They both excel at one and not the other. Honestly, I think the sizers really need buddy’s shooting. Probably more than we need bens defense.

The Kings were one of the worst defensive teams in the history of the NBA. I'd say defense is the overall biggest need of this team and it's been the biggest need of this team for over a decade. I can safely say that there isn't a bigger need in the NBA than Kings needing defense. Let's go get a top 5 defensive player. Missed shots = more transition. Ben and Fox excel in transition.

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    The Kings were one of the worst defensive teams in the history of the NBA. I'd say defense is the overall biggest need of this team and it's been the biggest need of this team for over a decade. I can safely say that there isn't a bigger need in the NBA than Kings needing defense. Let's go get a top 5 defensive player. Missed shots = more transition. Ben and Fox excel in transition.
    That’s a good point. But… you don’t want to solve one problem by creating another. We drafted davion. He’s great defensively. And maybe just as importantly, he’s not bad as a three point shooter. His free throw percentage is also better than bens- but not great. Bit at least he’ll be able to help spread the floor.

The defense must really improve, though, by team defense. Some players simply are liabilities on defense. But players like fox and Hali could and should be very helpful to being a good defensive team. So even without Ben, there is no way we should be anywhere near as bad as we were defensively going forward.

I think Ben Simmons is a overrated player. He has skills that look good in the box scores but does he elevate his team? I think he does too a point, but he has proven come playoff time when you play the same team seven games and teams gameplan at a higher level that Ben Simmons has shown he is limited, and with his current talents he will unlikely lead you to a championship.

I use to think that way with Giannis but he proved me wrong this season. I however think this was a weak season with both the Lakers and Nets players getting injured. Someone had to win this season.

We see all these Ben Simmons trade rumors with a lot coming in return for Simmons and the one thing that seems to be ending those stories is the other team turning down the trade. You never see rumors where the Sixers turned down a Ben Simmons trade.

I think Ben Simmons is a overrated player. He has skills that look good in the box scores but does he elevate his team? I think he does too a point, but he has proven come playoff time when you play the same team seven games and teams gameplan at a higher level that Ben Simmons has shown he is limited, and with his current talents he will unlikely lead you to a championship.

I use to think that way with Giannis but he proved me wrong this season. I however think this was a weak season with both the Lakers and Nets players getting injured. Someone had to win this season.

We see all these Ben Simmons trade rumors with a lot coming in return for Simmons and the one thing that seems to be ending those stories is the other team turning down the trade. You never see rumors where the Sixers turned down a Ben Simmons trade.
    I think Simmons was an overrated player, but after the playoffs people have been bashing him to the point where he may be underrated. I definitely don’t see Simmons as the best player on a championship team, but he’d be great in a situation where he plays a Draymond type role. He really needs to shoot more though, even if he can’t shoot. I honestly think he’d be better off taking a couple of threes a game and shooting 25-30% than not having it in his game at all.

To Philly if I'm the Kings, I would give them that exact same deal but also add in pick swaps too. But Ben Simmons in Sacramento actually would be a great fit especially if you put him with De'Aaron Fox and Tyrese Haliburton.