Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 391
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,081
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Roberts a pro? He's an idiot.

    Souza was released because he's no good. He was re-signed to a minor-league deal because he couldn't find a spot on any other team.
    He's factually a pro. It is a factual statement to say that he is a pro. It is also a factual statement to say that in his five seasons, Roberts has led the team to one of the best records in team history, five division titles, 3 World Series appearances, and one World Series title (would've been two if not for the Astros cheating)...oh and we're on pace to put up one of the best records in franchise history yet again, despite an insane amount of injuries. It's also a factual statement that you came on here and complained and mocked two guys being in the lineup today, and they happened to proceed to each get an RBI in crucial, key moments of the game (arguably the two biggest RBI's of the game; i.e., you were wrong).

    It never ceases to amaze me how absolutely entitled and blind you and others are on here. The team is having an incredible season (even ignoring the injuries, this would be a great season for a fully healthy team), but given the injuries, this is absolutely historic. Yet many of you mostly post negative things on here and usually only when we lose.

    We're 24-6 in our last 30 games. Most fans wouldn't have much to complain about, but based on the posts on here, one would think we're completely bunglingly away the division title (even though given our injuries, we really have little business being anywhere near the top of the league or even having a shot at the title or the playoffs for that matter). Even funnier is that you guys consistently alternate between complaining about how much the offense sucks, how dumb Roberts is, how dumb the front office is, to how the talent and offense bails out Roberts. The critiques at this point can't even remain logically consistent, you guys are literally complaining to complain. Somehow, despite it all, we still just manage to keep winning, no matter who's in and who's out...and you guys manage to keep complaining...
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 09-08-2021 at 02:00 AM.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,081
    "Roberts is such an idiot, he keeps having these bullpen games", in which our bullpen proceeds to dominate the other team and shut them down and have been doing so for months now...yet you guys forget that we have what amounts to an entire elite pitching staff that has been out for many months now and we also don't have anyone else to throw, but the fact that we keep winning these games, mostly in dominant fashion and that we literally have no other options at the moment, does not stop some of you from complaining about why we're having so many of bullpen games lol. It's like the twilight zone in here...we're clearly watching different seasons. Some are watching the present season and have reasonable takes on what's going on...others seem to be watching the 1992 dodgers.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    15,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    He's factually a pro. It is a factual statement to say that he is a pro. It is also a factual statement to say that in his five seasons, Roberts has led the team to one of the best records in team history, five division titles, 3 World Series appearances, and one World Series title (would've been two if not for the Astros cheating)...oh and we're on pace to put up one of the best records in franchise history yet again, despite an insane amount of injuries. It's also a factual statement that you came on here and complained and mocked two guys being in the lineup today, and they happened to proceed to each get an RBI in crucial, key moments of the game (arguably the two biggest RBI's of the game; i.e., you were wrong).

    It never ceases to amaze me how absolutely entitled and blind you and others are on here. The team is having an incredible season (even ignoring the injuries, this would be a great season for a fully healthy team), but given the injuries, this is absolutely historic. Yet many of you mostly post negative things on here and usually only when we lose.

    We're 24-6 in our last 30 games. Most fans wouldn't have much to complain about, but based on the posts on here, one would think we're completely bunglingly away the division title (even though given our injuries, we really have little business being anywhere near the top of the league or even having a shot at the title or the playoffs for that matter). Even funnier is that you guys consistently alternate between complaining about how much the offense sucks, how dumb Roberts is, how dumb the front office is, to how the talent and offense bails out Roberts. The critiques at this point can't even remain logically consistent, you guys are literally complaining to complain. Somehow, despite it all, we still just manage to keep winning, no matter who's in and who's out...and you guys manage to keep complaining...
    You can blame Roberts for us not getting to the World Series in 2019. He had no business bringing in Ker-choke to face Rendon and Soto. That job was for Kenta Maeda.

    He also made a number of poor decisions in the 2017 WS as well.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    15,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    "Roberts is such an idiot, he keeps having these bullpen games", in which our bullpen proceeds to dominate the other team and shut them down and have been doing so for months now...yet you guys forget that we have what amounts to an entire elite pitching staff that has been out for many months now and we also don't have anyone else to throw, but the fact that we keep winning these games, mostly in dominant fashion and that we literally have no other options at the moment, does not stop some of you from complaining about why we're having so many of bullpen games lol. It's like the twilight zone in here...we're clearly watching different seasons. Some are watching the present season and have reasonable takes on what's going on...others seem to be watching the 1992 dodgers.
    Too many bullpen games just wears out your bullpen. I think that is common sense. Especially if the game goes into extra innings. Plus Roberts doesn't understand the concept of conserving a bullpen. He generally doesn't allow relievers to go more than one inning during these bullpen games. So I think it's idiotic to use 9 or 10 pitchers in a 9-inning ballgame.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 09-08-2021 at 02:49 AM.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,081
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Too many bullpen games just wears out your bullpen. I think that is common sense. Especially if the game goes into extra innings. Plus Roberts doesn't understand the concept of conserving a bullpen. He generally doesn't allow relievers to go more than one inning during these bullpen games. So I think it's idiotic to use 9 or 10 pitchers in a 9-inning ballgame.
    That's all fine and dandy but you missed the part about us having no other options. We have four guys in Kershaw, May, Gonsolin, and Bauer who were expected to be quality starters this year who have missed a massive amount of time and Urias also missed some time recently. The bullpen games have occurred out of necessity. There is no one else available. That's what the situation is so it's crazy to complain about it as though we had a full staff of starters sitting out in favor of us having bullpen games. What are the alternatives?

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,081
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    You can blame Roberts for us not getting to the World Series in 2019. He had no business bringing in Ker-choke to face Rendon and Soto. That job was for Kenta Maeda.

    He also made a number of poor decisions in the 2017 WS as well.
    Poor decisions happen. They're part of the game, just as poor calls from the umpires happen and poor games from the players. He did a good job last year and has done a great job this year keeping us afloat. I'm not always a fan of Roberts' decisions, but the fact is regardless of what happens, the team keeps winning year in and year out and he happens to be the manager. We can't just ignore that and chalk it up to everything but Roberts.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    13,277
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    "Roberts is such an idiot, he keeps having these bullpen games", in which our bullpen proceeds to dominate the other team and shut them down and have been doing so for months now...yet you guys forget that we have what amounts to an entire elite pitching staff that has been out for many months now and we also don't have anyone else to throw, but the fact that we keep winning these games, mostly in dominant fashion and that we literally have no other options at the moment, does not stop some of you from complaining about why we're having so many of bullpen games lol. It's like the twilight zone in here...we're clearly watching different seasons. Some are watching the present season and have reasonable takes on what's going on...others seem to be watching the 1992 dodgers.


    You and I both know what type of a person just complains for the sake of complaining.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    13,277
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Too many bullpen games just wears out your bullpen. I think that is common sense. Especially if the game goes into extra innings. Plus Roberts doesn't understand the concept of conserving a bullpen. He generally doesn't allow relievers to go more than one inning during these bullpen games. So I think it's idiotic to use 9 or 10 pitchers in a 9-inning ballgame.
    I get your point but we don't have a choice. Who would you put as our 4th and 5th starters? We have 3 legit starters now and our bullpen and ridiculous pitching depth is working. These arms are fresh and our GM keeps going out there and getting pitchers and they come in here and perform. You know more than I do about baseball but I don't know what else he can do. We have May, Bauer, Gonsolin, Kershaw out. That's two Cy Young winners and legit #3 starters out.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,081
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post


    You and I both know what type of a person just complains for the sake of complaining.
    Yeah, at this point I think it's out of habit that these guys are complaining. It's unfortunate, but the situation is what it is. We have a lot of guys injured and this is simply what we have to work with until Kershaw can get back

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,081
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    I get your point but we don't have a choice. Who would you put as our 4th and 5th starters? We have 3 legit starters now and our bullpen and ridiculous pitching depth is working. These arms are fresh and our GM keeps going out there and getting pitchers and they come in here and perform. You know more than I do about baseball but I don't know what else he can do. We have May, Bauer, Gonsolin, Kershaw out. That's two Cy Young winners and legit #3 starters out.
    I'm hoping that we can cut Bauer without having his contract count against our payroll and then replace that position next season.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    15,432

    Justin Turner hit two homers yesterday and gets benched tonight just so that Pujols can have another St. Louis cameo?

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    15,432
    **** Yadier Molina and his home run.

    I can never stand that b***h. He always starts bench-clearing brawls with other teams by opening his fat mouth.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,159
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post

    Justin Turner hit two homers yesterday and gets benched tonight just so that Pujols can have another St. Louis cameo?
    Roberts always does this. He has done this multiple times this year. Smith goes 3/4 with 2 HR's and he gets benched next day. Same with Pollock, Taylor and pretty much every else not named Cody. Cody can go 0-10 and he would still start the next 3 games in a row. It's like Roberts doesn't want you doing good. It will make the rest of the guys jealous so it's best you sit and reflect on why you hit 2 HR's and the rest of the team only hit 1. BAD BAD BAD boy Turner. You are making the rest of the guys look bad. STUPID ROBERTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    15,432
    We got owned by a 40-year-old Wainwright who is now more of a junkball finesse pitcher.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 09-08-2021 at 10:02 PM.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    15,432
    I'm surprised that Wainwright was sent out there for the ninth inning. It looks like it is benefiting us.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •