Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 391
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,081
    Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    ****ing Giants just toying with us now. Taylor looks like he wants to up Belli and be worst than him this past month. Cody will be lucky to get 1 hit the rest of the season. Time to shuffle the lineup. Offense been struggling. Go back to what worked last year. Betts and Seager 1-2. We are going to need the Padres to help us out so we can win the division. I don't trust this offense in a win or go home game. To many times they have failed to produce.
    Your posts make no sense man, You blame the pitching, the offense, the managers and then when things work out you say one of those bailed the other out. "Roberts is such an idiot, but he gets bailed out by the offense". "This offense can't be trusted to win a game." Cmon bro, which one is it??? As irrational as these posts are, at least keep the logic straight lol

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Your posts make no sense man, You blame the pitching, the offense, the managers and then when things work out you say one of those bailed the other out. "Roberts is such an idiot, but he gets bailed out by the offense". "This offense can't be trusted to win a game." Cmon bro, which one is it??? As irrational as these posts are, at least keep the logic straight lol
    Bro. The sky could be falling and you would still be saying NO IT AINT FALLING. How is Cody doing btw? You seem to be a big fan of him and defend him more than his GF. How many games have we lost because we don't want to win some random game but want to make sure Cody feels good about himself? Bases loaded at least 3x so far and we managed to score only 1 run??????????????????????????????? How do you see that not being a problem???????????

    Buehler was due to have a bad start. But you are telling me we can't ****ing score more than 2 runs against a bunch of BP arms??????????? Imagine what deGrom would do to us the way we hit sometimes. He would throw a perfect game in like 60 pitches. We got NO HIT for gods sake. You think nothing can go wrong in a WC game if we playing in one. The offense has one of those days and we are eliminated in the 1st round. No matter how good Max or Buehler pitch in that game if the offense doesn't score, we are not winning. It's HR or miss with this offense. I wish Cody could get those bloop singles but he can't even put the DAMN ball in play. Offense needs a shakeup. Time for Betts and Seager to go 1-2. Betts ain't doing that great @ the 3rd spot.
    Last edited by lamar2006; 09-05-2021 at 09:55 PM.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,081
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    It now looks like Bellinger has spread his hitting ineptitude virus to Max Muncy and possibly others as well.

    This looks to be our third consecutive series loss against the Giants. Nothing to be proud of.
    Giants will have a one-game lead if they can hold on. I'd say we have a whole heck of a lot to be proud of, we're missing half of our pitching staff and are still not at 100% on offense and it essentially took a routine throwing error at 1st for the giants to avoid being down 2-0 in the series going into tonight. Buehler didnt have it tonight and we've left runners stranded, but that's how it goes sometimes. Replay this same game 100 times with Buehler going and us loading the bases like we have and I'd say we probably blow them out about 7-8 out of 10 times.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 09-05-2021 at 10:08 PM.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,081
    Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    Bro. The sky could be falling and you would still be saying NO IT AINT FALLING. How is Cody doing btw? You seem to be a big fan of him and defend him more than his GF. How many games have we lost because we don't want to win some random game but want to make sure Cody feels good about himself? Bases loaded at least 3x so far and we managed to score only 1 run??????????????????????????????? How do you see that not being a problem???????????

    Buehler was due to have a bad start. But you are telling me we can't ****ing score more than 2 runs against a bunch of BP arms??????????? Imagine what deGrom would do to us the way we hit sometimes. He would throw a perfect game in like 60 pitches. We got NO HIT for gods sake. You think nothing can go wrong in a WC game if we playing in one. The offense has one of those days and we are eliminated in the 1st round. No matter how good Max or Buehler pitch in that game if the offense doesn't score, we are not winning. It's HR or miss with this offense. I wish Cody could get those bloop singles but he can't even put the DAMN ball in play. Offense needs a shakeup. Time for Betts and Seager to go 1-2. Betts ain't doing that great @ the 3rd spot.
    It happens sometimes. We've been on fire. It's not a problem. It's a 162 game season, these will happen from time to time. Bellinger is sucking, but the goal has been to give him a chance to get back on track. It hasn't worked out, but it's been 1000% the right call. As I said before, if he's still sucking like this come September, then it's time to start considering taking him out of being a regular, which I think Roberts is considering now. However, risking losing a few games at the chance to get back the old Bellinger was absolutely the right call and it would've been idiotic not to do it. It hasn't worked out and now we're getting to the point in the season where we can't keep having him suck, but you've been wanting to bench him for months lol.

    Injuries happen, we're still tied for the league's best record dude. This has been an amazing season, especially given the historic level of injuries. Absolutely nothing to complain about..and I'd still rather have the dodgers' team going into a wild card game (which is far, far from a given at this point) than have the giants team and have a first round bye. So you guys can keep cowering over every bump in the road. I'll continue to be relaxed because I don't believe there is any team on our level

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    It happens sometimes. We've been on fire. It's not a problem. It's a 162 game season, these will happen from time to time. Bellinger is sucking, but the goal has been to give him a chance to get back on track. It hasn't worked out, but it's been 1000% the right call. As I said before, if he's still sucking like this come September, then it's time to start considering taking him out of being a regular, which I think Roberts is considering now. However, risking losing a few games at the chance to get back the old Bellinger was absolutely the right call and it would've been idiotic not to do it. It hasn't worked out and now we're getting to the point in the season where we can't keep having him suck, but you've been wanting to bench him for months lol.

    Injuries happen, we're still tied for the league's best record dude. This has been an amazing season, especially given the historic level of injuries. Absolutely nothing to complain about..and I'd still rather have the dodgers' team going into a wild card game (which is far, far from a given at this point) than have the giants team and have a first round bye. So you guys can keep cowering over every bump in the road. I'll continue to be relaxed because I don't believe there is any team on our level
    This is what you fail to realize or accept. If the offense is clicking NO TEAM can beat us. But when they have those games where they can only score 1-2 runs or get no hit, any of the other NL playoff teams can beat us in a WC game. Offense is good for 4-5 games and then they have 1-2 games where they are lucky to get 2 runs. Remember the 15+ inning game where we couldn't score even with a free runner on 2nd base? What about when we got no HIT. Last time I checked Giants, Braves, Reds, Yankees and any other of the top teams other than the Padres haven't gotten no hit this year. It's not like we were sending a bunch of Souza Jr's to play when we got no hit. We had most of our starters playing that day.

    Everyone notices that our offense struggles more than they should considering the level of talent. Look @ the Giants. Other than 3-4 guys can you name any of there players? They lead the league in HR's and they have no where near the offensive talent we have. I am a big proponent of putting the ball in play more than swinging for the fences. This is why I hate Cody so much right now. Instead of adapting and just putting the ball in play, he is still out there trying to hit BOMBS instead of making contact. We don't have Barry Bonds on our team but it seems like our guys are trying to be one. PUT THE DAMN BALL IN PLAY AND THINGS WILL HAPPEN. If you go out there looking to hit a HR every time odds are you will fail 90% of the time. This is why this offense struggles so much. It's HR or miss approach to hitting.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,081
    Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    This is what you fail to realize or accept. If the offense is clicking NO TEAM can beat us. But when they have those games where they can only score 1-2 runs or get no hit, any of the other NL playoff teams can beat us in a WC game. Offense is good for 4-5 games and then they have 1-2 games where they are lucky to get 2 runs. Remember the 15+ inning game where we couldn't score even with a free runner on 2nd base? What about when we got no HIT. Last time I checked Giants, Braves, Reds, Yankees and any other of the top teams other than the Padres haven't gotten no hit this year. It's not like we were sending a bunch of Souza Jr's to play when we got no hit. We had most of our starters playing that day.

    Everyone notices that our offense struggles more than they should considering the level of talent. Look @ the Giants. Other than 3-4 guys can you name any of there players? They lead the league in HR's and they have no where near the offensive talent we have. I am a big proponent of putting the ball in play more than swinging for the fences. This is why I hate Cody so much right now. Instead of adapting and just putting the ball in play, he is still out there trying to hit BOMBS instead of making contact. We don't have Barry Bonds on our team but it seems like our guys are trying to be one. PUT THE DAMN BALL IN PLAY AND THINGS WILL HAPPEN. If you go out there looking to hit a HR every time odds are you will fail 90% of the time. This is why this offense struggles so much. It's HR or miss approach to hitting.
    Bro, that's the norm. No team kills it every night. Especially in a 162 game season. I know it's frustrating, but we really aren't at full strength. Even tonight, we've now scored 4 runs and are still in this. That's just how it goes sometimes where it doesn't work out

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,081
    Horrible call. Not even that close

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,081
    Tough way to end, but we made it interesting there at the end. Mookie was robbed at the plate though

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    13,273
    Scherzer "your 2021 Cy Young Winner" was lights out last night. Very very dominant performance. I actually watched the game twice a la G1. For some reason they can't pick up his fastball. A lot of swings and misses against his fastball that seems its right down the middle. Maybe he should talk to Glaterol on how to disguise that pitch.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,634
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Scherzer "your 2021 Cy Young Winner" was lights out last night. Very very dominant performance. I actually watched the game twice a la G1. For some reason they can't pick up his fastball. A lot of swings and misses against his fastball that seems its right down the middle. Maybe he should talk to Glaterol on how to disguise that pitch.
    I wish it were that easy, but Scherzerís game has more to do with the full repertoire than that particular pitch.

    Scherzerís arm angle (low-3/4 delivery) makes it hard to pick up on arm slot variations which means itís highly unlikely that his release point will tip off the hitter.

    Then you have to consider that Scherzer has so much speed and movement variation across 5 different pitches that by the time the hitter sees fastball, itís already too late. Or, the batterís sitting dead red, but he gets one thatís 20+MPH slower and drops off the shelf. Or he decides heís letting the FB go, looks for the downward break on an inside pitch, but ends up behind on a slider heís gotta reach for because it seems to break 2 feet across plate.

    The highest level pitchers Iíve faced in SD Adult League Baseball played minor and independent league level. To make it that far youíre pretty good. Some of the junk ballers throw **** you wouldnít believe while youíre standing in the box. I couldnít imagine how you even start to put a game plan together for someone like Max; close your eyes and hope might be the most effective strategy.
    The Tweeter Handle: @DSchneider_05

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    13,273
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    I wish it were that easy, but Scherzerís game has more to do with the full repertoire than that particular pitch.

    Scherzerís arm angle (low-3/4 delivery) makes it hard to pick up on arm slot variations which means itís highly unlikely that his release point will tip off the hitter.

    Then you have to consider that Scherzer has so much speed and movement variation across 5 different pitches that by the time the hitter sees fastball, itís already too late. Or, the batterís sitting dead red, but he gets one thatís 20+MPH slower and drops off the shelf. Or he decides heís letting the FB go, looks for the downward break on an inside pitch, but ends up behind on a slider heís gotta reach for because it seems to break 2 feet across plate.

    The highest level pitchers Iíve faced in SD Adult League Baseball played minor and independent league level. To make it that far youíre pretty good. Some of the junk ballers throw **** you wouldnít believe while youíre standing in the box. I couldnít imagine how you even start to put a game plan together for someone like Max; close your eyes and hope might be the most effective strategy.
    Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation. Never played baseball beyond little league so your info is invaluable to me. I went the football rout.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    15,432
    Souza and Bellinger in the lineup.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,081
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Souza and Bellinger in the lineup.
    In perhaps a clear indicator that these guys are pros and know what they are doing (and so maybe it's time, after about 6 years of excellence, to stop second guessing the front office and the manager), they each have an RBI tonight lol
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 09-07-2021 at 10:42 PM.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,081
    Another nice win

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    15,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    In perhaps a clear indicator that these guys are pros and know what they are doing (and so maybe it's time, after about 6 years of excellence, to stop second guessing the front office and the manager), they each have an RBI tonight lol
    Roberts a pro? He's an idiot.

    Souza was released because he's no good. He was re-signed to a minor-league deal because he couldn't find a spot on any other team.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •