Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 391
  1. #346
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Bro, you recently just posted that you felt we were going to lose in the WC game to the mighty, unstoppable Cards lol. I don't want to give you a hard time for rooting for the boys in blue, but cmon man dont be so reactionary. This is the same team we've been rooting for all season. We're the defending champs for a reason. I've been saying it all season, bring on whoever wants to take their shot. We have a great team my man, there's never been a reason to fear any team.
    Have you not read any of my posts???????? I have said 1000's of times if the offense shows up no team can beat us. If the offense that only scores 2-3 runs against the Dbacks, gets no hit by Cubs and other similar teams, then pretty much any team can beat us in a 1 game series. If this current offense show up on Wednesday I don't care who the Cardinals send out, we are beating them.

    Now my question is Kershaw. They said elbow/forearm. Possibly TJ worst case scenario. Does he retire or does he try to come back in 2023? Maybe he regains his velocity after TJ and pitches into his late 30's. I don't think this is the way Kershaw wants to go out.

  2. #347
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    15,503
    The Giants losing the next two games is highly unlikely.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  3. #348
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    19,272
    Itís gonna be Tommy John for Kershaw. So ****ing dumb. I hope this isnít the way he goes out.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #349
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    15,503

    The other thing I've never understood is why David Price isn't a full-time starting pitcher.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  5. #350
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,178
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Itís gonna be Tommy John for Kershaw. So ****ing dumb. I hope this isnít the way he goes out.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Who confirmed it or is that is what you are thinking? Either way if he gets TJ he will be 35 by the time he comes back. He can still pitch another 2-3 years after that. Look @ Max and Verlander before he blew his elbow. They are still great late into their 30's. Maybe Keshaw comes back throwing 95mph fastballs again. But I don't think this is the way Kershaw goes out unless we win the WS.

  6. #351
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,589
    Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    Have you not read any of my posts???????? I have said 1000's of times if the offense shows up no team can beat us. If the offense that only scores 2-3 runs against the Dbacks, gets no hit by Cubs and other similar teams, then pretty much any team can beat us in a 1 game series. If this current offense show up on Wednesday I don't care who the Cardinals send out, we are beating them.

    Now my question is Kershaw. They said elbow/forearm. Possibly TJ worst case scenario. Does he retire or does he try to come back in 2023? Maybe he regains his velocity after TJ and pitches into his late 30's. I don't think this is the way Kershaw wants to go out.
    The issue is that you only consider the "offense to be going" when we're putting 7-plus runs a game and any offense putting up that many runs a game is going to be close to unbeatable, especially with respectable pitching. That sort of thing also isnt feasible against good pitching. In the playoffs, teams tend to play at a very high level and low scoring games are usually the sign of a great playoff game. When teams are putting up more than 5 runs in the playoffs, it's usually the sign that the pitching wasnt great. Pitching dominates baseball and great pitching usually completely shuts down the greatest of offenses. I certainly don't expect our path to a title to be filled with too many 7-plus run games. The other issue of course is that the notion that "the offense needs to wake up" was never an issue. The offense is the best in the NL and really in the league when you factor in the DH. That's why I said you need to stop being so reactionary, because every single team goes through increases and decreases in their scoring and we happen to do it less than if not all others. It's ups and downs are inevitable over a long 162-game season.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 10-02-2021 at 11:47 AM.

  7. #352
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    19,272
    Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    Who confirmed it or is that is what you are thinking? Either way if he gets TJ he will be 35 by the time he comes back. He can still pitch another 2-3 years after that. Look @ Max and Verlander before he blew his elbow. They are still great late into their 30's. Maybe Keshaw comes back throwing 95mph fastballs again. But I don't think this is the way Kershaw goes out unless we win the WS.
    Just connecting dots. He came back from elbow discomfort only to have forearm discomfort. Iíve heard that before and it almost always leads to Tommy John.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #353
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    15,503
    I noticed that spliff was un-permabanned.

    This place is a lot more peaceful without him.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  9. #354
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    The issue is that you only consider the "offense to be going" when we're putting 7-plus runs a game and any offense putting up that many runs a game is going to be close to unbeatable, especially with respectable pitching. That sort of thing also isnt feasible against good pitching. In the playoffs, teams tend to play at a very high level and low scoring games are usually the sign of a great playoff game. When teams are putting up more than 5 runs in the playoffs, it's usually the sign that the pitching wasnt great. Pitching dominates baseball and great pitching usually completely shuts down the greatest of offenses. I certainly don't expect our path to a title to be filled with too many 7-plus run games. The other issue of course is that the notion that "the offense needs to wake up" was never an issue. The offense is the best in the NL and really in the league when you factor in the DH. That's why I said you need to stop being so reactionary, because every single team goes through increases and decreases in their scoring and we happen to do it less than if not all others. It's ups and downs are inevitable over a long 162-game season.
    I was just going to say exactly this.

    7 runs is just as normal for this team as 3 runs. Itís why we average more than 5 runs a game.

    In 2020, when all teams had the DH, we crushed the league in runs per game.

    The issue is exactly what you and I have been pointing to all season; itís micro-criticisms blown out of proportion and then cherry picked for argument as if those occurrences norm. We lose a game and either the offense sucks, or the starters suck, or the bullpen sucks, or the closer sucks, or the manager sucks, or the front office sucks, or some combination thereof.

    You canít knock the offense for losing in a game where we score 5 runs and expect to be taken seriously. You canít nitpick one-off games where they didnít produce as evidence that they arenít good when the macro says theyíre the best in the league. You canít say when the offense is struggling that the injuries donít matter when the track records of the players on the roster suggest this is arguably one of the most talented teams ever to take the field.

    You canít knock the offense and the pitching staff and the front office, AND then also knock the manager by saying the players (and the front office that put them on the roster) bail the manager out all the time.

    You canít wash away reactionary criticisms and knockdown, drag out arguments with empty praise when everyone knows that your reactionary response to minute by minute production will wash it all away again.

    Itís like he just doesnít want to admit he was wrongÖ about anythingÖ everÖ so he says both things so he can look back and reassure himself with empty comments like,, ďI was right, we could only win the World Series if we score more runs more times than all the other teams. Those are facts.Ē

    The Tweeter Handle: @DSchneider_05

  10. #355
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,643
    Speaking of admitting when weíre wrong, itís not something I was ready to do with regard to Kenley even as he had great production in the first half.

    Not to say I was wrong in my criticisms; he dialed up the velocity at the cost of his control and was putting too many people on base for me to be comfortable with. Iím also still not fond of his apparent entitlement, lack of accountability, and that he seems to be a bit arrogant (refer to his comments about not getting added to the all-star team). That said, I was wrong about his willingness to put in the work to improve.

    To me it felt like he didnít think he had to work anymore once he got his contract but, though heís in a contract year again, he has shown willingness to improve and, with it, the ability to remain elite as the year has progressed. He started the year with increased velo, but poor control. Since he had that hiccup after the all-star break, heís also improved his control.

    Since August 4th Kenleyís bb/9 are down to 2.5 p/9 and his ERA is down to a minuscule 1.26. This is the Kenley we need for the playoffs, and if we have that guy, he can be as entitled and arrogant as he wants.
    The Tweeter Handle: @DSchneider_05

  11. #356
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    19,272
    Padres beat the Giants 3-2ÖStill a chance.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #357
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,178
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Padres beat the Giants 3-2ÖStill a chance.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would literally die of laughter if Giants end up losing tomorrow, lose the division game against us, then end up losing the WC game. But either way odds still favor Giants to win the division. If we win tonight. I expect the Padres to send out the taxi squad to face them tomorrow.

  13. #358
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,589
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    I was just going to say exactly this.

    7 runs is just as normal for this team as 3 runs. Itís why we average more than 5 runs a game.

    In 2020, when all teams had the DH, we crushed the league in runs per game.

    The issue is exactly what you and I have been pointing to all season; itís micro-criticisms blown out of proportion and then cherry picked for argument as if those occurrences norm. We lose a game and either the offense sucks, or the starters suck, or the bullpen sucks, or the closer sucks, or the manager sucks, or the front office sucks, or some combination thereof.

    You canít knock the offense for losing in a game where we score 5 runs and expect to be taken seriously. You canít nitpick one-off games where they didnít produce as evidence that they arenít good when the macro says theyíre the best in the league. You canít say when the offense is struggling that the injuries donít matter when the track records of the players on the roster suggest this is arguably one of the most talented teams ever to take the field.

    You canít knock the offense and the pitching staff and the front office, AND then also knock the manager by saying the players (and the front office that put them on the roster) bail the manager out all the time.

    You canít wash away reactionary criticisms and knockdown, drag out arguments with empty praise when everyone knows that your reactionary response to minute by minute production will wash it all away again.

    Itís like he just doesnít want to admit he was wrongÖ about anythingÖ everÖ so he says both things so he can look back and reassure himself with empty comments like,, ďI was right, we could only win the World Series if we score more runs more times than all the other teams. Those are facts.Ē


  14. #359
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    19,272
    Justin ****ing Turner!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #360
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,589
    So it looks like the difference in the division might end up being that horrible blown call by the umpire on the "check swing". That's a two game swing, because we would have one more game and the giants would have one less. You hate for something like that to potentially be the deciding factor

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •