Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    So in b-ball we see a lot of guys with stupid hair cuts and they usually suck or are mediocre when they have them, then as soon as they get a decent hair cut, they go back to balling out. Well, Bellinger has had kind of a stupid hair cut all season and he's been struggling. He gets a decent hair cut, and boom, he hits his biggest home run of the year...coincidence? Maybe, but maybe not! lol

D'Backs blew a 3-0 lead to the Giants. No surprise there.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward (14) Fernando (shrunken) Testis Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    I love how those of us who remain objective are framed as wearing rose colored lenses, when the reality is that the rest of you are simply hypercritical...

Let's take an objective look...

* Current .646 winning percentage would stand as the 2nd best Dodgers record since coming to LA in 1958
    * In the 63 seasons since, this team is only the 5th in LA Dodgers history to put up 100 wins
    * Of the 5 LAD teams to win 100 games over the last 63 years, Friedman has put up 3 of them
    * We are 40-13 over the last 53 games
    * We are looking at our first batting champion since Tommy Davis did it in '62 and '63
    * We have 3 legitimate Cy Young candidates
    * We are tops in the NL in Runs Scored and have the Best Run Differential in baseball

These criticisms that we should've somehow magically woken up 2 weeks ago, and whatever other incoherent nonsense, is mind-boggling.

If we were 3 games back in any other season and went on a 40-13 run, we'd be in first place. It just so happens that the Giants have gone on an equally mind-boggling 39-14 run.

Give credit where it is due. We've been killing it for 2 months and they've been doing just enough to stay on top. Just because they've been good doesn't mean we've been bad

We had a .717 winning percentage last year, which translates to 116 wins over a 162 game season. We were an all-time great team, up there with the 1927 Yankees and others.

The run differential is largely a product of the blowout games from earlier in the season. When you win games by scores of 22-1, 16-4, and 13-0, then that's really going to balloon the run differential. But we've been winning much tighter ballgames since the middle of August.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 10-01-2021 at 12:16 AM.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward (14) Fernando (shrunken) Testis Jr.

Nice at bat by smith

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post

We had a .716 winning percentage last year, which translates to 116 wins over a 162 game season. We were an all-time great team.

The run differential is largely a product of the blowout games from earlier in the season. When you win games by score of 22-1 and 13-0, then that's really going to balloon the run differential. But we've been winning tighter ballgames since the middle of August.
    We also only played 60 games. Not at all clear that translates linearly to a full season. You're right that we were an all-time great team last year and we're even better this season! We're 40-13 (close to going 41-13), which is a .755 winning percentage in almost the same number of total games as last season.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 10-01-2021 at 12:17 AM.

Nice hit by bellringer. I'm telling you guys, it's the hair cut. He gets a respectable hair cut and all of a sudden back to back nights with hard hit RBI's

Offense is starting to wake up. Right @ the perfect time. If the offense hits like they have since last nights 8th inning, NO TEAM can beat them. If the offense that shows up and only gets 2-3 runs against Dbacks, Rockies and gets shutout for 6+ innings from bums like Cueto, then any team can beat them. Hopefully, they have finally become interested and go on a hot streak just in time. I know offenses can't score 8+ runs every game but with the talent we have no reason we can't score more than 5+ runs more times than we score 3 runs or less.

Seriously, **** the D'Backs. You kind of feel that Mad Dog Tannen Bumgarner blew that 3-0 lead on purpose just to help his old team out, since he hates the Dodgers so much.

Future Hall of Shamers:

Seriously, **** the D'Backs. You kind of feel that Mad Dog Tannen Bumgarner blew that 3-0 lead on purpose just to help his old team out, since he hates the Dodgers so much.
    We all want the division but I think WC may end up being the better route for us. It feels like the Dodgers prefer to play when there backs are against the wall and they have to fight back. Remember last year NLCS they were down 3-1 and most of us had them being eliminate. But then they said "Oh ****" we can't be ****ing around and actually need to win now. Either way I like our chances against the Cardinals and I like our chances even more against the Giants. Now that the Brewers lost there 2nd best BP arm odds just got better for us. I just hope offense doesn't go into a slump anytime soon. Offense shows up and we can beat any team no matter who they throw @ us.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    Offense is starting to wake up. Right @ the perfect time. If the offense hits like they have since last nights 8th inning, NO TEAM can beat them. If the offense that shows up and only gets 2-3 runs against Dbacks, Rockies and gets shutout for 6+ innings from bums like Cueto, then any team can beat them. Hopefully, they have finally become interested and go on a hot streak just in time. I know offenses can't score 8+ runs every game but with the talent we have no reason we can't score more than 5+ runs more times than we score 3 runs or less.

We all want the division but I think WC may end up being the better route for us. It feels like the Dodgers prefer to play when there backs are against the wall and they have to fight back. Remember last year NLCS they were down 3-1 and most of us had them being eliminate. But then they said "Oh ****" we can't be ****ing around and actually need to win now. Either way I like our chances against the Cardinals and I like our chances even more against the Giants. Now that the Brewers lost there 2nd best BP arm odds just got better for us. I just hope offense doesn't go into a slump anytime soon. Offense shows up and we can beat any team no matter who they throw @ us.

That's how I feel about it. But I also realize that we've lost our last three series against the Giants. So it won't be a cakewalk against them. However, I do think we can beat the other teams more easily.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 10-01-2021 at 01:06 AM.

Future Hall of Shamers:

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    what did I say is worthy of facepalm? You and BigMoves are just haters. Oh, wait let me guess. You thinking scoring 2-3 runs is a sign of an elite offense, so by me saying offense is waking up is stupid because they were already on fire when they were scoring 2-3 runs. Or do you not agree that we can beat any team if offense decides to show up? Or has Cueto not shut us out for 6+ innings this year already? Or did we not lose to the Dbacks and Rockies recently? Only facepalm should be on yourself if you are debating THESE FACTS!

That's how I feel about it. But I also realize that we've lost our last three series against the Giants. So it won't be a cakewalk against them. However, I do think we can beat the other teams more easily.
    Giants are a mirage. Teams are bending over to them to stick it to the Dodgers. We play the Rockies on the road and they put up 17 runs on us in 3 games. They play the Giants at home and only score like 5 runs in 3 games. Same thing with the Dbacks. They couldn't even score 1 run last night.

what did I say is worthy of facepalm? You and BigMoves are just haters. Oh, wait let me guess. You thinking scoring 2-3 runs is a sign of an elite offense, so by me saying offense is waking up is stupid because they were already on fire when they were scoring 2-3 runs. Or do you not agree that we can beat any team if offense decides to show up? Or has Cueto not shut us out for 6+ innings this year already? Or did we not lose to the Dbacks and Rockies recently? Only facepalm should be on yourself if you are debating THESE FACTS!
    Yeah man. Facts.

Or a bunch of unsubstantial gobbledegook?

Giants are a mirage. Teams are bending over to them to stick it to the Dodgers. We play the Rockies on the road and they put up 17 runs on us in 3 games. They play the Giants at home and only score like 5 runs in 3 games. Same thing with the Dbacks. They couldn't even score 1 run last night.
    That’s because that’s how baseball works… which is what we’ve been telling you all year long

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast