Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofdad View Post
    Amazing finish to the season! There is a potential nice upside to this chase as well - I can't think of anything more soul crushing for the Giants and their fans than to have led the division nearly the entire season, only to lose it in the last week, and be relegated to a wild card "play-in". Of course the Dodgers could also chase all year and come up short, but as you've said, I think most Dodger fans have been prepared for a 2nd place route through the playoffs already, and a couple weeks back that was an almost certainty.

My big question is this, assuming the team can navigate its way into a 5 game series; What does our roster look like? With a relatively healthy group going in, do we really need to carry Bellinger on that roster and have that hole in our lineup every day?
    Yeah, that's a good question about Bellinger. I've been advocating for him playing all season in hopes that he would play himself out of the slump, but the limit to that was once we were in meaningful games and the playoffs certainly meet that criteria. He started showing positive signs before getting hurt again, but nothing consistent. He's still an amazing defensive player and has great speed. My intuition is that he'll be on the roster and get platooned where he's a late game replacement for defensive purposes. I don't think Roberts will continue to play him as a starter though the rest of this year unless he somehow turns it around (but this might just be a lost year for Bellinger).

Bellinger will be on the playoff roster because of his speed and defense. Thatís it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Bellinger will be on the playoff roster because of his speed and defense. Thatís it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well the way things are heading, he will only be in for 1 game. WC is looking more real every passing day. Instead of getting better seems we are getting worse. Defense is making dumb moves, offense hasn't been locked in for past 2 weeks.

Cardinals are on fire. 15 straight wins. Only good thing for us is that we still have 10+ days so odds are they will cool off. Dodgers don't want the division. Seems they are disinterested in playing against crappy teams. NO ****ING REASON Zac Gallen has held us to two hits.

Our "explosive" offense hasn't scored 10+ runs in any single game since August 15th.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Looks like Kershaw has joined David Price, Tony Gonsolin, and Julio Urias as pitchers who likely won't go more than 4-5 innings in postseason starts.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Muncy and Taylor are not hitting as well as they did earlier in the season. They likely caught a virus from Bellinger.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 09-25-2021 at 10:21 PM.

Future Hall of Shamers:

Giants now leading the Rockies 4-2. No surprise there.

Future Hall of Shamers:

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Looks like Kershaw has joined David Price, Tony Gonsolin, and Julio Urias as pitchers who likely won't go more than 4-5 innings in postseason starts.
    Not sure sure why Urias would be in that club. Roberts has been purposely limiting his inning to conserve him. Kershaw just returned so it makes sense that he would only pitch a few innings. Gonsolin also just recently came back and hopefully neither him nor price would be starting in the playoffs unless it's a bullpen game

Our "explosive" offense hasn't scored 10+ runs in any single game since August 15th.
    Lol that's a super odd thing to note. That's like saying "our exceptional power hitter hasn't had a 3 home run game in the past month)

We either going to face the Cardinals who have owned us in the playoffs or Giants who seem to have the baseball GODS on there side in the 1st 2 rounds.. Facing the Cards brings back memories of the early 2010's when they owned Kershaw during the playoffs and that FAT POS Adams hitting bombs of Kersh. Giants brings back memories of them winning 3 WS in 6 years. They don't have Bumgarner now but seems they have the gods on there side.

Dodgers will need to play their best baseball during those matches or we are not getting past the Cardinals who are on fire. Don't come in here and say how good/great we are because that doesn't matter. The damn Rockies and DBacks can beat us on any given day. Specially those days when the offense feels no need to score and just watch Buehler, Max pitch instead of focusing on hitting.

Honestly, feels like Dodgers are going to lose in the WC or win the WS.

Cardinals, Giants, Astros, and Yankees are the four teams I want eliminated at some point in the postseason. It's so unfortunate that there are so many "enemy teams" in this year's postseason.

Future Hall of Shamers:

Buehler looking good

Cardinals, Giants, Astros, and Yankees are the four teams I want eliminated at some point in the postseason. It's so unfortunate that there are so many "enemy teams" in this year's postseason.
    why the hate on the Yankees? I understand the other 3 but them? I would love a NYY vs Dodgers World Series. It's time we returned the favor after they beat us so many time in the WS. To be honest I am more worried about the Cardinals in the WC game than the Giants in the DS. Cardinals seem to be one of those teams of destiny, how they came back from not being a contender to being WS champs all of a sudden. Wainwright owned us last time we met and he does great come playoff time throughout his career.

Giants are a mirage. Baseballs gods have given them so many gifts. I feel Cardinals can beat us in a 1 game matchup but we can take down the Giants in 4 games easily. Giants haven't face Max and every time they have faced Urias or Buehler they have lost other than Buehler's last start against them.

I want to see a Dodgers/Yankees WS really bad as well. I've never seen one in my lifetime. But I don't see us getting that far with the way our offense has been performing. It's not the same offense from last season, even Tim Kurkjian from ESPN agrees with me. But I've always hated the Yankees. Maybe not as much right now as during the Jeter/Rivera era, but I can't stand their bandwagon fanbase.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 09-29-2021 at 01:39 AM.

Future Hall of Shamers:

I want to see a Dodgers/Yankees WS really bad as well. I've never seen one in my lifetime. But I don't see us getting that far with the way our offense has been performing. It's not the same offense from last season, even Tim Kurkjian from ESPN agrees with me. But I've always hated the Yankees. Maybe not as much right now as during the Jeter/Rivera era, but I can't stand their bandwagon fanbase.
    Our offense has been below average at best recently. They are lucky our SP/BP is bailing them out. Muncy, Turner, Smith, Taylor, have all been mediocre these past 2 weeks or so. Muncy ever since he became a dad has been garbage offensively. Doc needs to play with the lineup again and get them locked in by next Tuesday. If the offense keeps performing how they have these past couple of weeks, we are losing the WC game. Even if Max goes 8+ innings of 2 runs or less our offense will be lucky to get any runs against Wainwright.

But who knows. They may all be bored right now and decide to wake up come playoff time. There is no reason we should have lost games to the Rockies and D-backs these past couple of series. We win those games we would be tied for 1st. But Dodgers seem they prefer to take the tougher route and play in the WC than win the division. Only way I see us repeating is if someone carries the team like Seager did last year. Shame because this team has more talent than any team in the league and yet the Giants who only have 2-3 players that would start for us have the best record.

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast