Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Did Kershaw even make any rehab starts? If not, he'll be rusty as ****.

BTW, I'm going to the stadium tonight. I hope the bats get going again in order to give Kershaw some room for error.
    A couple of BPs and one, three-inning rehab start he was not happy with lol.

Iím guessing they let him go 4 or 5 today. Plan for the worst, hope for the best, I guess
    The Tweeter Handle: @DSchneider_05

Weíll, these 90 MPH fastballs arenít providing much confidence

Good to see CK dial it in and get some easy innings after settling in. I think, if they werenít going to let him pitch to more than one hitter, then they shouldíve pinch hit for him in the 4th with 2 on and none out, but canít complain about him getting as much work as they were willing to let him have.

90 MPH FB is discouraging, but he still had 3-5 MPH separation between that and his slider so he was able to use them effectively.

Hopefully heís just getting stretched out again and weíll see a tick or two upwards on the gun
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 09-14-2021 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Good to see CK dial it in and get some easy innings after settling in. I think, if they werenít going to let him pitch to more than one hitter, then they shouldíve pinch hit for him in the 4th with 2 on and none out, but canít complain about him getting as much work as they were willing to let him have.

90 MPH FB is discouraging, but he still had 3-5 MPH separation between that and his slider so he was able to use them effectively.

Hopefully heís just getting stretched out again and weíll see a tick or two upwards on the gun
    Yeah, I think there's a good chance he'll be able to increase by a few miles as he gets back into the groove of things

Lux has looked pretty good since returning

Great game! Got my Lasorda bobblehead.

Bellinger got a double just because the catcher couldn't catch a routine popup in foul territory.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Great game! Got my Lasorda bobblehead.

Bellinger got a double just because the catcher couldn't catch a routine popup in foul territory.
    Iím gonna need to buy oneÖ After all these years I still donít have a Tommy bobblehead

Belliís swing was interesting. He did everything I said he needed to do, except much more simple. He looked less concerned with bat speed and finishing hard than he was about planing out and having good presence in the zone.

All the elements that make him a successful hitter are still there, but itís noticeably different that heís trying not to over-swing and just have some more control. Heís still starting high and finishing high, heís tucking his chin, his front ankle is turning over, etc., but none of it is as exaggerated as the patented swing weíre used to seeing. Looks like theyíre focusing on the basics and letting things settle down.

Hopefully it brings him some success; either way, I think he needs to focus on this to tune it in for a while before trying to just crush baseballs again.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Lux has looked pretty good since returning
    So has Belly. Has finally shortened his swing a bit. Making more contact. Gibby can chime in on that since he has much more knowledge on that topic.

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Iím gonna need to buy oneÖ After all these years I still donít have a Tommy bobblehead

Belliís swing was interesting. He did everything I said he needed to do, except much more simple. He looked less concerned with bat speed and finishing hard than he was about planing out and having good presence in the zone.

All the elements that make him a successful hitter are still there, but itís noticeably different that heís trying not to over-swing and just have some more control. Heís still starting high and finishing high, heís tucking his chin, his front ankle is turning over, etc., but none of it is as exaggerated as the patented swing weíre used to seeing. Looks like theyíre focusing on the basics and letting things settle down.

Hopefully it brings him some success; either way, I think he needs to focus on this to tune it in for a while before trying to just crush baseballs again.

So Chris Taylor has a neck injury? Dammit, we can't catch a break.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    So has Belly. Has finally shortened his swing a bit. Making more contact. Gibby can chime in on that since he has much more knowledge on that topic.
    Yeah and he's starting to hit the high fastball with good contact again. I read that after the injury, he lost a lot of muscle mass on his shoulders and that it really messed with the mechanics of his swing and so now he's now kind of adjusted to that. I suspect it will likely be a temporary fix until he can get to the offseason and build that muscle back up

Gonsolin looking real nice out there

The Padres are trash now. The Giants are steamrolling to the division title.

Future Hall of Shamers:

The Padres are trash now. The Giants are steamrolling to the division title.
    Padres would rather miss the playoffs than help the Dodgers in any way. No wonder the city has never won anything. At this rate we could go undefeated the rest of the season and still play in the WC. Giants can't seem to lose. Shame we don't face them again.

BTW ever since the sticky crackdown Darvish has turned into Darren Dreifort. Before that he was dominating us and every other team.

Giants keep winning, but so do we. Let's see who blinks first. It really would be great, not just for us, but all of baseball, if we closed the year with a 4 game series against the giants. It's also a shame that the two best teams in baseball will likely end up playing in a 5-game series in the first round. That should at least be a 7-game series. MLB really needs to update their playoff format. Regardless of who wins the division (and would also likely end up with the best record in the MLB), their reward would be facing the second best team in the league in a short series. The current format is really silly.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 09-15-2021 at 01:28 AM.

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast