Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Wild Card Game: St. Louis Cardinals @ Los Angeles Dodgers

One game. Win or go home. Adam Wainwright vs Max Scherzer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shame if we get eliminated out of a title because of 1 stupid WC game. Max needs to keep us in the game. Wainwright owned us last time we faced him. Hopefully, offense is still clicking after these off days. In the end we are a far better team than the Cardinals but Cardinals just need to be better 1 day and tomorrow could be that day.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    Shame if we get eliminated out of a title because of 1 stupid WC game. Max needs to keep us in the game. Wainwright owned us last time we faced him. Hopefully, offense is still clicking after these off days. In the end we are a far better team than the Cardinals but Cardinals just need to be better 1 day and tomorrow could be that day.
    Yep. And that's why I don't like this one game wild card game. Either have at least 3 games or don't have that second wild card team at all. I go with the later.

I'm not happy to be in the wild card game, but hey, it is what it is. We're the defending champs and this is our path to the title. If we can't win tonight, we don't deserve to repeat. it's as simple as that.

Bring on the first would-be challenger!

Scherzer isnít fooling anybody. Iíd have somebody ready in the pen next inning.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Scherzer isnít fooling anybody. Iíd have somebody ready in the pen next inning.

Not really struggling with fooling anyone. No one has put a good swing on him yet. He's struggling with his command. Seemed to settle in a little there on the last batter though

Wainwright is literally throwing curveballs down the middle and Dodgers just sit and watch. It's not like his curveball is coming in at the speed of light. Beaty just missed it but rest of the guys need to swing @ it.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    Wainwright is literally throwing curveballs down the middle and Dodgers just sit and watch. It's not like his curveball is coming in at the speed of light. Beaty just missed it but rest of the guys need to swing @ it.
    We've put several good swings on him so far. Turner crushed one up the middle that wainwright was lucky to get, smith hit one up the middle that took a great defensive play, betts hit it very well too for a base hit, and Beaty just missed hitting one out. We just have to keep at it and we should be able to get to him.

Scherzer's command is off. I'm surprised because he's a big game pitcher but has to battle through it to find his groove

Nice play by Beaty. Hopefully this is the inning we can get to Wainwright

nice bunt by sherzer. he has to have one of the ugliest bunting forms in the league lol

Both pitchers racking up a high pitch count early

Geez, we had him on the ropes there and T. Turner does the worst possible thing there. Tough break but have to keep the same approach

Turner bailed him out there by swinging at a clear ball 4

Scherzer doesn't have it. I would take him out after this inning. Can't let him see them for a 3rd time the way his command is. But who is going to get us 2-3 innings to get to Treinen and Jansen? Don't really thrust Brusdar right now. Kelly can get us 1 inning but what about the other 2??????

Get him 3 runs and I would keep him in for 1 more inning. If Doc doesn't take him out he better have someone ready in the pen the moment someone gets on base.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast